NEW WORK RULES

I would think that someone would file a ULP or DFR suit/charge against the TWU for having such a meeting dictating subjective company policy.

Reactions: 2 people
I would think that someone would file a ULP or DFR suit/charge against the TWU for having such a meeting dictating subjective company policy.
I agree!
That's not the unions job. Unions job is to protect the workers against such blatant work rule changes.
Until the 'contract' is agreed upon, signed by the union and AA, there is a 'status quo' condition.
For 'any' union rep and/or supervisor to be involved in implementing changes before that is illegal!
JMHO,
B) xUT

24% of us in Tulsa voted no. There were 108 other votes that were not accepted and still no word from our "union" as to why these were not counted. I think it's safe to assume there were some no votes in there. Enough to swing it the other way I'll bet. All you yes voters enjoy having basically no work rules. Make sure you complain loud and long about labor loans and no chairs and no C/S. Not to mention forced rotation and 7 day coverage. But don't complain to me cause I'll tell you that is what 76% of you wanted. It's what happens when you vote for a contract that has blank pages where work rules used to be. Morons

Reactions: 5 people
Hmmm...

Still no twu defenders.

Where are the teamster attackers? Aren't the teamsters trying to dislodge the twu?

Maybe you guys can get some amfa cards signed now!

Reactions: 1 person
They did this at USAirways at the Pittsburgh hangers say 15 years ago after one of their Chapter 11's. They did the same and even more....such as no drinking water allowed on the floor and empty boxes had to be disposed of right now, just in case you would want to sit down for a second. We lost our pensions, thousands of jobs and now have 70 year old mechanics working the bag bins. Say what you want about unions but at least the IAM has fought to bring some dignity back to the work place and the IAM pension plan is a blessing making retirement possible. Things are better these days and will be for you also, just play their game for a while. In my opinion only...quit throwing each other off the bridge and watch what union you bring in because they are all hurting for membership and will tell you anything to get your votes right now. AMFA and the Teamsters have not shown me anything as far as I'm concerned. I also notice you blame the TWU for everything but you guys made this decision in your voting. I still can't understand how a company with billions of dollars can file chapter 11 anyway. I feel your pain and wish everyone there the best of luck.

Reactions: 1 person
24% of us in Tulsa voted no. There were 108 other votes that were not accepted and still no word from our "union" as to why these were not counted. I think it's safe to assume there were some no votes in there. Enough to swing it the other way I'll bet. All you yes voters enjoy having basically no work rules. Make sure you complain loud and long about labor loans and no chairs and no C/S. Not to mention forced rotation and 7 day coverage. But don't complain to me cause I'll tell you that is what 76% of you wanted. It's what happens when you vote for a contract that has blank pages where work rules used to be. Morons
Agreed. I still cannot believe only 26% of us voted NO. Wonder if those numbers reflect number of cards signed. Tonite we are being told our lockers are going to be searched. Anything in our lockers will be gone through. This is getting ridiculous!!!

Hmmm...

Still no twu defenders.

Where are the teamster attackers? Aren't the teamsters trying to dislodge the twu?

Maybe you guys can get some amfa cards signed now!

Ok, if no one will stand up for the TWU, I will:
YOU VOTED THIS IN, BROTHER!
WE'LL GET 'EM NEXT TIME, BROTHER!
IF YOU VOTED THIS DOWN, THE COMPANY WOULDN'T PAY OUR LEGAL FEES, BROTHER!
WE, THE TWU UNELECTED OFFICIALS DON'T HAVE TO LIVE UNDER THIS CONTRACT, BROTHER!
THEY CAN DO THAT, BROTHER!
and a modification of the last statement:
AFTER SEPTEMBER 12; THEY CAN DO ANYTHING, BROTHER!! :blink:

Reactions: 2 people
Tonite we had a meeting consisting of new work rule changes beginning ASAP.
This meeting was held by our local union in our shop. We were told beginning on DOS we will no longer be allowed to bring cell phones to work period. No communication devices or electronic devices allowed in the gates. All chairs will be disposed of with the exception of the crew chiefs and supervisions chairs. At break time we will use picnic benches. DWMS will be used within 30 minutes of start time to clock in all labor. If you do not clock in labor at anytime it will be instant coach and counseling. Second time you will be terminated. All lockers will be disposed of regardless of personal or company use. They went as far as to say if you finish your job and the plane is on engine run-up. If you are not assigned to the run-up crew. You may be asked to be sent home until the following work day. This is just the highlights that came out of our meeting tonite. The union said this is system wide changes not just our shop. Needless to say the meeting was very heated.
You typed on here a while back that you are on 3D Mids. I take it from the fact that you have lockers that you are not a mechanic? I did some asking around today both Union and Management about some of the things you mentioned and was told the communication device rule will stay the same as it has been for quite a while " No use within the outline of the aircraft " ie. while you are working. The chair thing most likely stems from use of recliner type lawn chairs which when the Pulse Line first started we were told not to bring anything but upright chairs in and when people tested the waters from time to time they were warned to take it home and get the right kind understandably so. I would venture to guess that your shop steward or whoever this person that you say is from the Union is getting his/her information straight from a supervisor that obviously is misled and will be versed as to how things will actually happen on engine run night. They can not send you anywhere but to another dock if they end up doing the whole hanger one shop type operation which could happen on the Pulse Line but no guarantee. 2 or 3 years ago maybe even longer they did the "If it's not a toolbox open it up look see", which they have always been able to do.

Your shop steward that you are referring to as your local Union which is quite different needs to call whoever the officer that covers your hanger and get the right information of how manning issues will happen on run night and then have that officer share the right information with your supervisor. I am also thinking the DWMS termination is wrong too. We didn't abrogate so there is still a process to follow. If someone continuously is insubordinate when asked to do something such as clock work then they deserve what they get but second strike won't be that drastic.