NEW WORK RULES

Unless you knew the reason for the post, you might think so.
And what if there were some truth to the statement?
See about filing whatever charges would apply and don't try to associate every person that has anything to do with the TWU with that statement. Only since you asked.

I didn't say impossible...

I've seen a picnic table inside a LD-8... instant shade!

Put it on a pivot dolly, rotatable shade!

Hook it up to a tractor.... dining car!
If they could just somehow remove the seats off the airplanes the flight crews wouldn't have to wake anyone up prior to boarding for an early morning departure......

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757c
The topic was started concerning workrule changes in Tulsa. There is a difference between Tulsa and the Line and on the Line there is a difference between midnights and the other shifts.
If guys are sleeping or otherwise screwing off when they should be working then the company should put a stop to it. Sleeping or otherwise screwing off on mids after your airplanes is done or in between call outs during through flights is part of the job. Kinda like a fireman. They aren't putting out fires constantly.
If the company wants to see people "busy" their entire shift on mids at the Line then they can expect airplanes released for service at the end of a guys shift. Probably too late to make the first departure on time. There is a positive side to having the aircraft ready for service several hours before departure.
As for Tulsa. Similar things have been tried before but it never sticks. Things slow down and then its back to business as usual. Ooops, now the company has language that allows them to outsource more work if it can't be done in-house. Better tow the line boys.

If the company wants to see people "busy" their entire shift on mids at the Line then they can expect airplanes released for service at the end of a guys shift. Probably too late to make the first departure on time. There is a positive side to having the aircraft ready for service several hours before departure.

Ah yes the 5 o'clock conference call, all management wants to hear out of every station is "All in service". When they dont they accuse the mechanics of a job action.

The topic was started concerning workrule changes in Tulsa. There is a difference between Tulsa and the Line and on the Line there is a difference between midnights and the other shifts.
If guys are sleeping or otherwise screwing off when they should be working then the company should put a stop to it. Sleeping or otherwise screwing off on mids after your airplanes is done or in between call outs during through flights is part of the job. Kinda like a fireman. They aren't putting out fires constantly.
As for Tulsa. Similar things have been tried before but it never sticks. Things slow down and then its back to business as usual. Ooops, now the company has language that allows them to outsource more work if it can't be done in-house. Better tow the line boys.

You're right. Having worked C-checks in TULE and on the line I can speak from experiance. You can't impose the same POS work rules on the line as they propose to do in TULE. Out here some days it's quiet and everything's in service with everyone standing by waiting for something to drop in and the next day is busy so are we and trust me management has no problem with us standing by waiting for something to happen. It means everything is in service, nothing is taking a delay on the gate and there isn't going to be any overtime today. When you have planes going out of service, a hanger full of out of service airplanes and your taking delays all day at the gate THAT'S when they get nervous. Same thing with the B-check. When that airplane is done by 3:00 am because it was a pretty good airplane to began with does anyone really think that management is going to show up busting balls because the airplane is done and will make the gate no problem for an 8:00 am departure? Midnights is the same way. Everybody likes a quiet night. It means everything is in service and ready to go in the morning.
TULE? These guys are working on what, up to 4 week airplanes? No end in sight for the work. Push, push, push, gotta get it done. Lunch and break by the bell, if it's still that way. It was when I was there. With the exception of the B-check, A-checks, etc we don't work off of workcards either. How do you attach a time frame to troubleshooting an out of service airplane or gate calls for tracking man hours? You can't. The line and TULE and two compleatly different animals and you can't run them same way and they don't run them the same way.
Line maintenance isn't what hurting the company cost wise. In house overhaul is. That's where they will attempt to rein in costs and more important, productivity. When the line runs smooth day to day, everyone is happy, all the way to the top and if it isn't broke it doesn't need fixing, so they leave us alone.
But for TULE, y'all voted for this. Fill in the blanks later, no problem, give away your system protection, no problem, and this is just the tip of the shaft. It's going to get worse for you guys.

Reactions: 6 people
You're right. Having worked C-checks in TULE and on the line I can speak from experiance. You can't impose the same POS work rules on the line as they propose to do in TULE. Out here some days it's quiet and everything's in service with everyone standing by waiting for something to drop in and the next day is busy so are we and trust me management has no problem with us standing by waiting for something to happen. It means everything is in service, nothing is taking a delay on the gate and there isn't going to be any overtime today. When you have planes going out of service, a hanger full of out of service airplanes and your taking delays all day at the gate THAT'S when they get nervous. Same thing with the B-check. When that airplane is done by 3:00 am because it was a pretty good airplane to began with does anyone really think that management is going to show up busting balls because the airplane is done and will make the gate no problem for an 8:00 am departure? Midnights is the same way. Everybody likes a quiet night. It means everything is in service and ready to go in the morning.
TULE? These guys are working on what, up to 4 week airplanes? No end in sight for the work. Push, push, push, gotta get it done. Lunch and break by the bell, if it's still that way. It was when I was there. With the exception of the B-check, A-checks, etc we don't work off of workcards either. How do you attach a time frame to troubleshooting an out of service airplane or gate calls for tracking man hours? You can't. The line and TULE and two compleatly different animals and you can't run them same way and they don't run them the same way.
Line maintenance isn't what hurting the company cost wise. In house overhaul is. That's where they will attempt to rein in costs and more important, productivity. When the line runs smooth day to day, everyone is happy, all the way to the top and if it isn't broke it doesn't need fixing, so they leave us alone.
But for TULE, y'all voted for this. Fill in the blanks later, no problem, give away your system protection, no problem, and this is just the tip of the shaft. It's going to get worse for you guys.
Good post,
And for you mechanics in Tulsa, might I suggest getting your ass to the AMFA meeting tomorrow !

Doesn't matter if you voted "yes" on the contract or not, I blame your leadership for that, just go to the meeting and get the information first hand. We either get rid of the twu now, or we are stuck forever.

Reactions: 3 people
Good post,
And for you mechanics in Tulsa, might I suggest getting your ass to the AMFA meeting tomorrow !

Doesn't matter if you voted "yes" on the contract or not, I blame your leadership for that, just go to the meeting and get the information first hand. We either get rid of the twu now, or we are stuck forever.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In house overhaul is on borrowed time and TULE is on borrowed time. We're the last domestic airline doing in house maintenance and supposedly we're losing our a$$ doing it. Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee. This can't last forever and if this merger goes thru with US Airways it'll probably happen sooner then later. Getting us to give up system protection is the first step. It takes time. It can't happen overnight. But on the positive side if we lose TULE we can finelly get rid of their stooge, the TWU once and for all.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Patience my fellow AMT's, our time will come. In the mean time let's enjoy the show in TULE.

Last airline domestic airline doing in-house maintenance?

US Airways does 50% of its heavy maintenance in-house, it is accomplished in CLT and PIT.

US Airways does 50% of its heavy maintenance in-house, it is accomplished in CLT and PIT.

Perhaps not the "last" but most certainly the "Eagle" has a target painted on its ass for the FAA's benefit. We hear little (no pun intended) about other airlines being fined on a regular basis as much as we do AA and Eaglet.

How does that compare to pre 2002 levels before the concessions?

Josh

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In house overhaul is on borrowed time and TULE is on borrowed time. We're the last domestic airline doing in house maintenance and supposedly we're losing our a$$ doing it. Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee. This can't last forever and if this merger goes thru with US Airways it'll probably happen sooner then later. Getting us to give up system protection is the first step. It takes time. It can't happen overnight. But on the positive side if we lose TULE we can finelly get rid of their stooge, the TWU once and for all.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Patience my fellow AMT's, our time will come. In the mean time let's enjoy the show in TULE.

The only show this far at TULE is reactions to Bogus, Small fraction of truth mixed with totally made up or totally speculative information. It doesn't appear to be just a TULE misinformation plague. I guess it's been like this for years so no surprise, just a little more prevalent and a lot more happening to fuel the rumor mills at the moment.

I forgot to ask you BigMac, what do you mean by your thread tag "TWU running Scared" ? Just curious.