Non Rev Boarding

Most of us retired guys took our lumps longer then most of the posters on this thread have been alive. For me, it was 37 years, 20 of which were commuting.
Given the load factors in those years, it was significantly easier to do so then, than it is now. Just be happy you didn't lose the flight benefits in one of the bankruptcy filings.

Flight Benefits are contractual, even though they are retired, that applies to them as the language is written and its a damn shame that people who put in 20+ years, built and sacrificed this company are treated like a used kleenex, when I was at US and commuted from TPA-CLT weekly, I took my chances and never begrudged a retiree getting on, cause they probably experienced the samething if they didnt make the flight.

Flight Benefits are contractual, even though they are retired, that applies to them as the language is written and its a damn shame that people who put in 20+ years, built and sacrificed this company are treated like a used kleenex,
And the Flight Attendances union AFA was able to negotiate in bankruptcies II allowing retired flight attendances to board same as active employees. And less not forget the former board of directors and former senior executives get space positive first class
The lest the company can do is give retirees boarding priority with the employees

And the Flight Attendances union AFA was able to negotiate in bankruptcies II allowing retired flight attendances to board same as active employees. And less not forget the former board of directors and former senior executives get space positive first class
The lest the company can do is give retirees boarding priority with the employees

total agreement here.... at least the same boarding priority for active employees and retired employees.

those retired employees earned it. just as the active employees are earning it now.

in fact one may argue a higher priority for retired employees..

it would be a positive contribution toward a healthier,respectful corporate culture.

does not United do this ?

I'm 46 and keep hearing my Day will come :blink:
I've been here for 20 years and like I said was an SA4 during furlough I didn't hear you beating the drum to make me a SA3 during those furloughs. I actually was ok with being a SA4.

bottom line if you are retired it's a lot easier for you to go the next day then for someone else who has to be back at work or make it to work. That was the companys argument and I actually belive for once they got it right.

Not disparaging your contribution to this company but when if you would like to compare careers I'd be glad to.
I'm sure yours hands down wins.

Most of us retired guys took our lumps longer then most of the posters on this thread have been alive. For me, it was 37 years, 20 of which were commuting. The last thing I want is to not get on a plane because the last seat was taken by a new hire with the tags still on their uniform. I'm sorry if you think just because your going to work entitles you to a seat. The retired people paid their dues and one of the perks of dedicated service was non-rev boarding by seniority. If you make it, you make it. End of story.
You'll probably look differently at it after you have a few years under your belt.

Yeah!

And retirees should be voting members of the the union, and pay dues on their retirement too, ...

But that is still not the case right? I am confused. Or is that an East thing? Are retirees boarded on the same priority as active employees on East metal based on date of hire? The one thing that bothers me is that a retired employee should not be bumped by the employee's spouse, child, s/o that are NOT travelling with the employee. I have yet to meet any employee that feels differently. Again, I would never presume a retiree to bump an active employee, but I also do not think it is fair that a SA4P (travelling alone) of an active employee bump a retiree.

retirees are an SA4 and spouses, and kids, domestic partners (no registered guests) travelling with them are an SA4.

Spouses, kids, DP travelling alone are an SA5

Most of us retired guys took our lumps longer then most of the posters on this thread have been alive. For me, it was 37 years, 20 of which were commuting. The last thing I want is to not get on a plane because the last seat was taken by a new hire with the tags still on their uniform. I'm sorry if you think just because your going to work entitles you to a seat. The retired people paid their dues and one of the perks of dedicated service was non-rev boarding by seniority. If you make it, you make it. End of story.
You'll probably look differently at it after you have a few years under your belt.
I appreciatte your years of service to the company. Thank you. As far as date or hire. You are not an active employee, so you get no special rights to knock off a new hire, or anyone working still here at US Air, or America West. My lord. I am sure you have a pension, which most of US don't have the luxury of either, be thankful for that. :up: :)

retirees are an SA4 and spouses, and kids, domestic partners (no registered guests) travelling with them are an SA4.

Spouses, kids, DP travelling alone are an SA5
Again there are a group of retried flight attendants that there family and them board as a SA3 DOH

WCT,

Apparently you dont understand, they terminated the pilots pension in bankruptcy one, the pilots get double whacked because the pension is reduced because of the termination and because they had to retire at 60, plus the company took away their medical.

Go educate yourself, because of people like CaptBud and other retirees you have a job.

Retirees deserve to be on the same status as actives, it was like that way at US until Gerry Glass decided to change it and screw the people that built this company.

WCT,

Apparently you dont understand, they terminated the pilots pension in bankruptcy one, the pilots get double whacked because the pension is reduced because of the termination and because they had to retire at 60, plus the company took away their medical.

Go educate yourself, because of people like CaptBud and other retirees you have a job.

Retirees deserve to be on the same status as actives, it was like that way at US until Gerry Glass decided to change it and screw the people that built this company.
I am so sorry. Reduced? So, do they still get a pension, or not? Gee, wish I had one. Maybe I am to young, so no social security for me either! :down:

If you work at US you have the former pension that was terminated, the current plan in your CBA, and SS will be there, it has been and will be.

Do you not understand their pension was tremendously reduced and medical insurance taken away, I have a pilot friend that lost almost $2 million in his pension annuity and when he retires he wont barely clear anything.