Non Rev Boarding

SA3--employee and family members or guests traveling with the employee.
SA4--family members traveling without the employee and retirees, boarded by date of hire.

One thing I think is strange is that on a thru flight any nonrev thru passenger can bump an active employee. ie, a 7P bumps a 1P.

One thing I think is strange is that on a thru flight any nonrev thru passenger can bump an active employee. ie, a 7P bumps a 1P.
I would think that it is so the person doesn't get stranded at a through station....it's not like at the originating station where they can just go back home if they don't get on.

Dorf

Every time I find a thru flight to a destination on the Hub it lists you on separate segments. You have to deplane and check in again.

Or the agent in PHL can change you from an SA1 to an SA7 because they feel like it. Fortunately, I still got on the flight.

I think part of the problem that "old" US retirees have is that they spent their whole career being behind those who retired before them since the retirees generally had the earlier DOH. The merger came along and those who retired after waiting their career for their turn with the early DOH suddenly found themselves then behind active employees.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
I think part of the problem that "old" US retirees have is that they spent their whole career being behind those who retired before them since the retirees generally had the earlier DOH. The merger came along and those who retired after waiting their career for their turn with the early DOH suddenly found themselves then behind active employees.

Jim

You think ?????

You think ?????

I know it's obvious to those of us from "old" US, but I get the feeling that many from the West side look at it only as a choice between two methods of establishing priority - if you started from scratch establishing a method which one makes sense and why. Just wanted to throw a little East background into the discussion.

Jim

Just wanted to throw a little East background into the discussion.

Jim

Sorry Jim, but that was just my reaction and I couldn't resist posting it! Indeed .. for all the years I worked (MOH,AL, U) that was the way it was and non-rev privledges w/DOH was one of the GREAT rewards of Retirement. It is a shame that the "Now-Generation" lacks the forsight to continue that tradition. We lost a great deal in the Post 911 era, thru BK and concessions made for survival. There was no basis for the non-rev priority changes, other than a enticement for under-paid workers to stay. I do believe commuting employees should go first tho!

Ok ... your turn!! <vbg>

2B

Most of us retired guys took our lumps longer then most of the posters on this thread have been alive. For me, it was 37 years, 20 of which were commuting. The last thing I want is to not get on a plane because the last seat was taken by a new hire with the tags still on their uniform. I'm sorry if you think just because your going to work entitles you to a seat. The retired people paid their dues and one of the perks of dedicated service was non-rev boarding by seniority. If you make it, you make it. End of story.
You'll probably look differently at it after you have a few years under your belt.

Sorry Capt. Bud this is not the company you left (regretfully) the people who are here NOW
are paying dues WAY disproportionally to what you paid. You were here during the GOLDEN years.
The average employee here has given back more than you can imagine......will work 5 years longer
than you did and will most likely have to keep working. Know too many people who retire here
and start another job the next day.....and they ain't FO's.You need to be glad that you didn't stay here
long enough to see what this job has become. You got all the time n the world to get where
you need to be. We do not. Besides.....if you are traveling for VAC you are crazy to non-rev in the first place.
You are retired......simple....just pic your flight carefully sit down and be tthankful this POS is still flying
And remember you have a hundred times more than that new hire with tags still on will EVER have!!!

NICDOA
NPJB

I'm gonna start calling you johnny on the spot...responding to 22 month old posts.

Jim

Yea good catch...however on my menu it is third on the list behind the labor thread and some missed connection
issue. Did think the thread looked familiar though!!!!!

NICDOA
NPJBA