NON REV

Sorry, couldn't resist....

That was rude! PIT is a beautiful airport and they destroyed that hub. When are they bringing back the FRA service--I hear that flight was always full with high paying fares. Now it's just a bunch of RJ service to places no one wants to go. :unsure: ;)

That was rude! PIT is a beautiful airport and they destroyed that hub. When are they bringing back the FRA service--I hear that flight was always full with high paying fares. Now it's just a bunch of RJ service to places no one wants to go. :unsure: ;)
PIT who? ;)

Now it's just a bunch of RJ service to places no one wants to go. :unsure: ;)
[/quote]

Hence the "do we still fly to PIT" remark;....

Because the contract wasn't violated until now. Who would have thought that the company would arbitrarily and knowingly violate the contract? Now that they have not announced a stipulation for f/a's, the union has no choice but to react at this time.

Not that it matters, but they have my full support!

There were two ways the company was considering: first come first served and seniority based. The union had a year to make it's position known...if they had gone first come first served the west AFA would have had nothing to say and the East AFA would have everything to say.

If the decision was "seniority" the west union would have screamed a violation and the East union would have said "what violation of the contract?"

Those two are not on the same page. Clearly East leader Mike Flores is trying to make a case for his membership because it didn't completely go their way on this issue.

yeah, but you have to connect in AVP out of PHL
This is actually the truth. When I commuted from PIT I had to go through BWI, AVP, ABE and MDT each at least once to get home or to philly. The PIT commute is HORRIBLE. It was WORSE than my LAS commute. I am so glad I don't have to commute anymore. HUGE, HUGE relief and how it changes your life. LOVE IT! ! !

Always go with your contract language -- especially if it works for you. Once it's gone, you'll never get back. So, work it to its absurd interpretations.

so, West AFA isn't happy becuase they are going to seniority, and east AFA isn't happy becuase they aren't going to strict date of hire. Seems like the 2 unions should get together and decide what they want to fight.

This is the most honest phrase I have seen in a long time. Let us be pragmatic here the entire AFA has to decide which position to fight for.

If you ask for both trust me all you do is come off looking like shizos and they will have you.

Same thing goes for pilots. Next time you march in front of Tempe bring some east pilots.

It seems the status quo had been violated before and you had no problem with it and/or you let the company get away with it. What priority do your dependants now fly at when flying alone?
CWA passenger service employees union file a staff level grievance when the company announce family/retiree last ones to board
and they have scheduled arbitrations for Immediate Family boarding and Retiree boarding violations.

The Company states the reason the decision was made to use the year of hire instead of the exact hire date is because the SHARES system does not have the ability to recognize more than two digits. The Company states it would cost $300,000 to program the system to recognize more than two digits. I am assuming it can recognize the one digit I am currently displaying.

That is too funny.

The companys position is completely bogus, a lie and complete manure, indeed.

Why do the employees put up with such claptrap is beyond me.

If true then "the Company" had to reprogram their software to, again, be vulnerable to Y2K errors, something supposedly corrected by all underlying software prior to yr 2000. In other words, I imagine USAirways had to expend extra effort and resources to get their software to express dates as only "two digits".

Why don't the employees shut the operation down for a day, the lie so blatant the response of a quick slap "upside the head" would do wonders for managements attitude.

BTW, overheard an employee making a comment that, it seems that when "management" is "preoccupied" or mentally "out of the office"(as in, focusing on the DAL bid), the company makes money. Maybe management was distracted and the profit snuck up on them.

Perhaps someone in charge should make their absence a permanent feature of the present management, and this time, hire someone marginally competant, instead of just plane stupid.

Because the contract wasn't violated until now. Who would have thought that the company would arbitrarily and knowingly violate the contract? Now that they have not announced a stipulation for f/a's, the union has no choice but to react at this time.

Not that it matters, but they have my full support!

Where was the contract violated? Am I missing something?
The non-rev policy (East) is a company policy not a contractual right. I looked in our current contract and found nothing regarding non-rev travel.

Someone please point it out if I am missing it.

I think we need to just let this go. Life is not always fair...you don't always get exactly what you want. We should be greatful we have flight benefits, free ones at that. Not all airlines let their employees fly free and if we keep bickering about this, we could join the pay to non rev group of airlines.

I think we need to just let this go. Life is not always fair...you don't always get exactly what you want. We should be greatful we have flight benefits, free ones at that. Not all airlines let their employees fly free and if we keep bickering about this, we could join the pay to non rev group of airlines.
Right, not all airlines fly for free, and many airlines negotiate fairly and in good faith, and already pay their employees a livable wage, even after all the 9/11 concessions over the years (3 rounds of concessions at East, to be exact.). US/HP does not. So what's your point? Free passes that used to cost ~$50 at the old US is supposed to appease us? Gimme a break.... :rolleyes:

Right, not all airlines fly for free, and many airlines negotiate fairly and in good faith, and already pay their employees a livable wage, even after all the 9/11 concessions over the years (3 rounds of concessions at East, to be exact.). US/HP does not. So what's your point? Free passes that used to cost ~$50 at the old US is supposed to appease us? Gimme a break.... :rolleyes:

Pay is a separate issue. We are at the bottom of the industry which we all hope will change over time. With the failed merger propsal, you would have been making the higher of the three airlines HP-US-DL. Hopefully something else will come along.

Pay is a separate issue. We are at the bottom of the industry which we all hope will change over time. With the failed merger propsal, you would have been making the higher of the three airlines HP-US-DL. Hopefully something else will come along.
Right, let's just wait and "hopefully something else will come along..." Spoken like true management talent with no direction....As far as the DL pay thingy, that is a load of cr*p. We made this amazing profit, beat all the projections, had balloons and even chili dogs in PHX etc., and I could frankly care less about what DL makes. Give me a decent, fair contract, and I might start being a company cheerleader much like you, and jump for joy about free travel passes which used to cost me $50/yr.... Are you serious?

Right, let's just wait and "hopefully something else will come along..." Spoken like true management talent with no direction....As far as the DL pay thingy, that is a load of cr*p. We made this amazing profit, beat all the projections, had balloons and even chili dogs in PHX etc., and I could frankly care less about what DL makes. Give me a decent, fair contract, and I might start being a company cheerleader much like you, and jump for joy about free travel passes which used to cost me $50/yr.... Are you serious?

Nobody suffered more than I did with low wages at HP and now US. But I chose to stay. I worked two jobs for years to make ends meet but nobody put a gun to my head to force me to stay here. I had and have the option to leave and so do you. If you choose to stay, you need to find a way to make things work for you.

I think management wants to pay employees well, that is one of the reasons Doug is looking at options moving forward and I don't think our pay is that much lower than other airlines.

Back