One Airline Listened to its Elites---

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
We all realize that some change is necessary in this current market environment, but it appears US might have overstepped the bounds with the removal of mileage bonuses for elites and elimination of the 500 mile minimum.

One airline actually gets it--and LISTENS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. CO just announced this morning that they heard us loud and clear, and they have reinstated the 500 mile minimum for elite flyers.

Not like anyone in the sand castle cares about customers, but now there is a precedent to rescind change--oh wait.....there already WAS a precedent--the Dividend Miles proposed change 6 years ago which gave birth to the Cockroaches and FFOCUS!!

That one took 2 weeks--almost the same period of time it took CO to change THEIR mind....

We all realize that some change is necessary in this current market environment, but it appears US might have overstepped the bounds with the removal of mileage bonuses for elites and elimination of the 500 mile minimum.

One airline actually gets it--and LISTENS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. CO just announced this morning that they heard us loud and clear, and they have reinstated the 500 mile minimum for elite flyers.

Not like anyone in the sand castle cares about customers, but now there is a precedent to rescind change--oh wait.....there already WAS a precedent--the Dividend Miles proposed change 6 years ago which gave birth to the Cockroaches and FFOCUS!!

That one took 2 weeks--almost the same period of time it took CO to change THEIR mind....

I believe that airlines should eliminate the entire FF program. According to the FF on this board, no one flies US for anything it has or doesn't have to offer. That being said, why does anyone fly any airline other than for price(domestically), connections, times, availability ??????? If FF keep complaining about wanting the whole trip for free, a 5 star meal onboard an aluminum can, 500 dollar bottles of wine, a personal servant at your beckon call, plus mileage in some cases that exceeds the actual mileage flown......All airlines should just close their doors and you elegant FF start taking your own private jets. FF complain about everything at US, why not just go away and go to another airline or start taking the company jet(since most of you on here attempt to make yourselves seem so important on here). Take your miles too!!!!!
I would like to know what companies you work for so I can start coming to your business and demanding everything for .99c

Get rid of the CUSTOMERS. They make too much noise, don't have enough money, and interrupt breaks with flights.

Do it now, do it right, let unwashed gypsies fly for free. That should chase the hoi polloi away.

I think CO realized that their highest revenue-generators were the high frequency fliers on the short hops, who pay the highest price per seat mile. Why would any airline want to bite the hand that feeds it?

Bob is right and to the point:

CO is what's right with airline management today--they have relatively happy employees, who have excellent tools with which to do their jobs, they have a VERY well run operation, and a management team which LISTENS--to its employees AND its customers.

US on the other hand.......we all know about the labor situation, they have poor if any tools needed to get the job done, the operation speaks for itself, and the management team acts like both employees and customers are liabilities.

For those who think all customers do is complain, maybe if your management treated YOU and its customers right, there would not be so much to complain about.

The customer is NOT the enemy--without customers you don't have a business.....

I believe that airlines should eliminate the entire FF program. According to the FF on this board, no one flies US for anything it has or doesn't have to offer. That being said, why does anyone fly any airline other than for price(domestically), connections, times, availability ??????? If FF keep complaining about wanting the whole trip for free, a 5 star meal onboard an aluminum can, 500 dollar bottles of wine, a personal servant at your beckon call, plus mileage in some cases that exceeds the actual mileage flown......All airlines should just close their doors and you elegant FF start taking your own private jets. FF complain about everything at US, why not just go away and go to another airline or start taking the company jet(since most of you on here attempt to make yourselves seem so important on here). Take your miles too!!!!!
I would like to know what companies you work for so I can start coming to your business and demanding everything for .99c

TROLL Alert ! ! ! !

If FF keep complaining about wanting the whole trip for free, a 5 star meal onboard an aluminum can, 500 dollar bottles of wine, a personal servant at your beckon call, plus mileage in some cases that exceeds the actual mileage flown......All airlines should just close their doors and you elegant FF start taking your own private jets. FF complain about everything at US,

I agree!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! Debbie and I are sick of hearing those elegant FF's moan about not getting hot nuts. For crying out loud, if you need hot nuts that badly, we'll throw a bag of cranberry mix in the ovens for you, or go sit on Floyd's lap. I mean really. We are safety professionals, not these freeloaders' personal servants. I had one whiner in FC tell me that they were paying $1314 one-way to fly to SFO from PHL--and he didn't understand why we didn't have ice cream sundaes. I gave him one of those coupons for Cold Stone Creamery. Those FF's want everything for free--here's a suggestion--get a life--it won't cost you a thing.

I agree!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! Debbie and I are sick of hearing those elegant FF's moan about not getting hot nuts. For crying out loud, if you need hot nuts that badly, we'll throw a bag of cranberry mix in the ovens for you, or go sit on Floyd's lap. I mean really. We are safety professionals, not these freeloaders' personal servants. I had one whiner in FC tell me that they were paying $1314 one-way to fly to SFO from PHL--and he didn't understand why we didn't have ice cream sundaes. I gave him one of those coupons for Cold Stone Creamery. Those FF's want everything for free--here's a suggestion--get a life--it won't cost you a thing.

You says it like it is, girlfriend! I wish US would just get rid of the FF program, then maybe these whiners will go away, freeing up seats so my family can non-rev to the carybeun. Those freeloaders are always taking up the F seats!

As another poster once said, you should not choose your airline by their FF program, and I don't.

But I am at a crossroads here. I just made silver for the year, 24 segments before Feb 14. I am currently a gold, and was a CP for 9 years.

From now to the end of the year I need to fly PVD-CHS or CHS-PVD one way each week. So it would be about another 30 segments so I would make gold for next year which is more than my goal. However US has the only mainline aircraft that connect the two cities, and I choose my flights usually on aircraft first, schedule second, and price third.

So do I suck it up to fly on mainline US with a fair product, and no 500 minimum on the CLT-CHS leg and no bonus miles for my Y or B fare? Or do I drive a little further and fly DL from BOS (client north of PVD and south of BOS) fly mainline aircraft through ATL, and get a better 1st product, 500 min miles, and gold bonus, and I might make Pltm (already Pltm on NW). Both Y One-way fares are about $900.00 plus fees from either carrier.

I have a week to decide, so the long and short of it, I guess the Frequent Flier program does effect a purchasing decision when you are looking at making a $12,000.00 decision. Is the hassle of driving to BOS worth the extra miles and better product?

Since I am still made at Tempe with its cut backs in the program, and the nickel and dimeing of the customers I will probably fly DL, but I need to take the emotion out of the decision and make it purely on a business/convienance basis.

Coach, I dont know whether it is an employee or not but I think it was "tongue in cheek." Regards, Mama

As another poster once said, you should not choose your airline by their FF program, and I don't. But I am at a crossroads here.

Status match with DL and you'll be much happier. I too could have stayed with US for all of my flying out of FLL since they are the most competitive with DL for me.

I wanted to give US my business for the rest of this year and beyond but I just can't after flying DL now. DL doesn't give status with segments but I'm flying all over the country and gaining miles. I also just can't justify giving any $$ to the Sandcastle since they don't really care about the business traveler.

I've never picked my airline according to FF program either. Let's face it I lived in PIT most of my life so I had no other option and out of being loyal I flew US even when it was inconvenient. But not anymore. I need a reliable airline that wants my business and does reward me accordingly. Nothing over the top but enough to keep me flying them.

It really comes down to what YOU need. If you feel US is better then stay with them. If not, try someone else. You might be surprised. I was.