One Month reprieve for 40 Displaced from PIT

I said nothing about re-hubbing PIT. I just said bring back a few flighs. Save people from having to deal with the disaster that is PHL.
Where are You from...simple minded idiot!!! :down:

Where are You from...simple minded idiot!!! :down:
very very sorry that commend was not ment for you. My mistake

Who really cares about PIT? I mean come on. This is the only city where the 2-4-6 haircut for men never went out of style. Their whole existence revolves around sports. And they can't drive to save themselves. It is so funny to watch how sophisiticated PIT residents believe they are, but in reality they are a bunch of rednecks tailgating in their Pontiacs.
:down: :down: :down: And where might you be from? your comments show your ignorance!!!

Who really cares about PIT? I mean come on. This is the only city where the 2-4-6 haircut for men never went out of style. Their whole existence revolves around sports. And they can't drive to save themselves. It is so funny to watch how sophisiticated PIT residents believe they are, but in reality they are a bunch of rednecks tailgating in their Pontiacs.

Why on earth would you post something so rude and hateful ? Every city is known for things good and bad. I could most likely rip apart the place where you live too since bad haircuts, sports, rednecks and pontiacs are universal.
You obviously must be a new employee that has no recollection of what a great HUB it was....when we had 3000 F/As and 1600 pilots, PIT never had a meltdown. If it did close for a few hours due to snow/weather, it was only temporary and it was up and running very soon there after.
Why is it so wrong to hope that management might get a clue to use one of the best airports in the country to ease up the congestion in PHL...which would also help out those who live here ?
Are you dumb or just plain mean ?

Mike Flores indicated in his eline that any decision to change the way displacements are handled will require a vote of the entire MEC. You can guarantee that any change will occur to the detriment of those with the least seniority. As always, they will protect the most senior. Reserves, now is the time to stand up and fight. Email now your LECPs and tell them that any decision made by the MEC had better benefit all work groups and not just the senior people.

Mike Flores indicated in his eline that any decision to change the way displacements are handled will require a vote of the entire MEC. You can guarantee that any change will occur to the detriment of those with the least seniority.
Have to disagree with you there because they are taking care of the more junior 10+ year senior F/As in CLT while displacing the 18+ year F/A in PIT. In the meeting they said that starting May 1st as they start to take 4000 flying hours out of CLT that both bases will be overstaffed until the end of the year. So in this case, they are protecting the junior RSVs by base----- not systemwide seniority.

Below is the latest e-line regarding this mess that management created for themselves...once again.

-- IMPORTANT --

Subject: CBS Message - PIT Displacements

The following was sent CBS on Thursday, April 19, 2007 to PIT Flight Attendants

Per the CBS message sent on April 17, 2007, the Company and AFA agreed to postpone the June 2007 displacements for one month in order to evaluate the options on how the displacements will occur.

Since this message was sent, several flight attendants who were on the original displacement award list of 40 available crew members, have informed the Company and AFA that they already have made plans to move to their new base (e.g., PHL, CLT), and therefore, they are not able to remain in PIT for the month of June.

Due to the unforeseen complexities surrounding the postponement of the original displacement awards, the Company and AFA have agreed to permit any flight attendant who was on the original displacement list of 40 available crew members to be displaced to his/her new base, effective June 1, 2007.

In order for the Company to honor your request to be displaced to your new base effective June 1, 2007, as opposed to waiting another month for the Company and AFA to thoroughly evaluate the options on how the remaining displacements will occur, you will need to contact PIT Daily Crew Scheduling as soon as possible. Your base status will need to be updated so as to allow you bidding rights for primary lines in you new base, which close on April 23, 2007 at 1800.

So then, what if this a diversionary tactic to take some heat off management until things cool down a bit? Is this a delaying ploy until after summer? Unfortunately, in the long term has anything really changed?
THIS is a temporary measure......PIT is NOT the hub it was or will be (and the employees there need to realize this). There is minimal feed into PIT anymore and adding flights there is foolish. This airline needs a Midwest hub but PIT is neither Midwest or certainly where it needs to be. Yes the airport is one of the better facilities in the World but the proximity to PHL just doesn't make a logical choice and obviously the demographics haven't lured ANY other airline to think so either.

Mike Flores indicated in his eline that any decision to change the way displacements are handled will require a vote of the entire MEC. You can guarantee that any change will occur to the detriment of those with the least seniority. As always, they will protect the most senior. Reserves, now is the time to stand up and fight. Email now your LECPs and tell them that any decision made by the MEC had better benefit all work groups and not just the senior people.
I also disagree with this. The junior people in all the bases were saved. CLT displacements would of resulted in a bump and flush situation. 37 of the 40 displacements chose PHL as their base so since PHL is still in need of flight attendants there will be no need to knock off the bottom out of PHL. The only ones suffering with this situation is the most senior in PIT who are being displaced.

Who the f&ck are you? I grew up in PIT, I still have family in PIT and both my hard working parents whom did EVERYTHING they could for their kids, both drive Pontiacs. Lots of folks from PIT still drive american cars because they watched their friends lose jobs and lives as the steel industry collapsed which of course was blamed on foreign competition. It is a matter of pride, something most people (most importantly you!) know NOTHING about.

So blow it out your ass you idiot! And by the way, all through the 80;s and 90's when USAir was SCREWING the PIT customer base (with their insanely high fares), twice a year we went on vacation and guess who we flew, YEAH USAir so you can thank those redneck, pontiac driving hicks in PIT for allowing your pay check to cash for all those years!!!!! You must be from that desert sh1t-hole called PHX with high crime, bad traffic, bad air and no f&cking culture!!!

ps - my mother has her PhD and my father has his masters degree and, all their kids have masters degrees too - I guess they are a little sophisticated, you stupid, f&ck!

Who the f&ck are you? I grew up in PIT, I still have family in PIT and both my hard working parents whom did EVERYTHING they could for their kids, both drive Pontiacs. Lots of folks from PIT still drive american cars because they watched their friends lose jobs and lives as the steel industry collapsed which of course was blamed on foreign competition. It is a matter of pride, something most people (most importantly you!) know NOTHING about.

So blow it out your ass you idiot! And by the way, all through the 80;s and 90's when USAir was SCREWING the PIT customer base (with their insanely high fares), twice a year we went on vacation and guess who we flew, YEAH USAir so you can thank those redneck, pontiac driving hicks in PIT for allowing your pay check to cash for all those years!!!!! You must be from that desert sh1t-hole called PHX with high crime, bad traffic, bad air and no f&cking culture!!!

ps - my mother has her PhD and my father has his masters degree and, all their kids have masters degrees too - I guess they are a little sophisticated, you stupid, f&ck!
Well said!! :up:

The personal issues in PIT do not resonate with many who were "right sized" in the past. It is unfortunate , but not something new to many at this company.
The macro view regarding PIT has'nt changed for years. When UAL was in the mix, the future of PIT was in doubt. When there were 5(count them 5!) bases within 500 hundred miles of each other you knew something had to give. "Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you." Apparently the old U as well as LCC see the money in PHL. It's difficult to put things in the past and look to the future.
Good Luck.

Sorry, that was probably overly harsh. That poster hit a real sore spot with me.

And he got exactly what he deserved. :up:

If somebody said that about my Polish heritage I would take pounds of kielbasa, kapusta and pierogi and stuff it down their mouth spoon after spoon until it would be coming out of their every whole of their body(nose, mouth, ears, eyes...)

I'm sorry put I just had to steam after that ignorant person said that!

The personal issues in PIT do not resonate with many who were "right sized" in the past. It is unfortunate , but not something new to many at this company.
It's difficult to put things in the past and look to the future.
Good Luck.

If PHL ran like a well oiled machine instead of a pinto ready to have it's gas tank explode then I would be more than happy to accept the fate of PIT.
However, when customers and employees see the value of transferring just some small percentage of traffic back over to PIT to help with the mess that is PHL, one has to wonder what the company is thinking.
PHLs major downfall is being in airspace that is shared with EWR,JFK,LGA and DCA. While PIT is under CLE Center.
It's hard to look to the future while this management is running the company into the ground due to lack of common sense.

The whole "PIT vs PHL" debate will go on for years. I see the reasoning for going back with "some" flights but still keeping the majority in PHL. If Continental airlines runs a HUGE hub in EWR and a pretty large hub in CLE why can't US run PHL as their large NorthEast hub and PIT more of a reliever hub? I mean CLE for Continental isn't exactly "midwest" now is it? Not to mention smaller in census numbers than PIT. I think the cuts that have affected PIT are terrible and unnecessary. The old management could have made it work if it weren't for batteling egos. This new management has little vision nor the knowledge of how to make PHL work let alone "rehubbing" PIT. :rolleyes: I hope you folks get to stay longer than many of us like myself who got the boot long ago.

If PHL ran like a well oiled machine instead of a pinto ready to have it's gas tank explode then I would be more than happy to accept the fate of PIT.
However, when customers and employees see the value of transferring just some small percentage of traffic back over to PIT to help with the mess that is PHL, one has to wonder what the company is thinking.
PHLs major downfall is being in airspace that is shared with EWR,JFK,LGA and DCA. While PIT is under CLE Center.
It's hard to look to the future while this management is running the company into the ground due to lack of common sense.
The reasons for US Airways's downfall at PHL, are the US Airways employees who work there and the US Airways infrastructure itself. It's very easy to place the major blame for the issues on a physical structure (PHL) or the FAA NE traffic corridor. In fact EWR, JFK and LGA have very close to and frequently worse delays than PHL. What their airlines have less of is lost baggage, customer complaints (about ineffective service) and as many employees with a poor attitude and service skills. Whether the employee problem is self inflicted or caused by the turmoil within the company is really immaterial. The fact is, if US Airways PHL services don't run like a "well oiled machine", it's because the Management and Employees don't make it so - not because of any physical structure inefficiency or FAA issues. As far as comparing CLE with PIT, CO at CLE carried 3.3M passengers and US at PHL 3.02M during the past 12 months -excluding commuter affiliates - not much of a difference.

As another poster referred, if the PIT area could support more traffic than is currently serviced by US and others, why aren't other airlines doing it? PIT, no matter how hard they try with incentives has been unable to attract a single airline to provide even one Trans-Atlantic flight. Jet Blue is not doing well and WN has only shown minimal growth since starting service. As I have positioned several times, if US wants to loose money (again), all they have to do is move flights (and of course all of their dependent connections) from PHL to PIT. I think US Executive's know exactly where to fly to keep the airline afloat, they just don't know how to make it all work - yet.

Latest posts