Oops. My V.P.'s unwed pregnant daughter

The Palin family is brave and courageous. Walking the talk.

They tripped and fell off the cliff. Ms. Palin preaches abstinence and has a pregnant daughter. She preaches a policy that her own daughter does not follow but the rest of us should? Had she taught her daughter abstinence and how ti use a condom she would not be in the position of having an underage, out of wedlock pregnant daughter.

Ain't Karma a hoot? :lol:

And the fact that she has an unwed pregnant daughter in this day and age has what bearing on anything?
This reflects on her ability?

The fact that she supports a policy that is unrealistic and prone to failure would give me pause for thought but that is just one case of poor judgment. Nancy Reagan changed he mind about stem cell research once she found out there was potential to save her husband or other like him. If Ms. Palin learns from her mistake then it was a lesson well learned. If she stays the course, then it is just more of the same right wing rhetoric.

Let's see how much fun Sarah's kid is having at 22 - when all her friends are out doing what 22 year olds do. I do believe she'll feel she's being "punished" because of the baby. There was an old Gallagher routine where he had a boat anchor in a diaper. The gist of it was - your life changes dramatically after a baby - even if you PLANNED the baby. When you're only 17, you'll want to do things that other 18, 19, or 20 year olds do.

She should be the poster child for "abstinence only" sex education. What might the results have been had she been exposed to education about condoms or other forms of birth control? Will this change her mom's position on that issue?

Exercising your alternative, how much fun would Bristol’s child have at age 22? NONE! Knowing the fact that Bristol’s mother has experienced the joys and hardships associated with raising 5 children, and found it very rewarding, it’s naïve to assume that Sarah hasn’t conveyed that experience to her pregnant daughter.

They tripped and fell off the cliff. Ms. Palin preaches abstinence and has a pregnant daughter. She preaches a policy that her own daughter does not follow but the rest of us should? Had she taught her daughter abstinence and how ti use a condom she would not be in the position of having an underage, out of wedlock pregnant daughter.

Ain't Karma a hoot? :lol:

My friend....a stiff prick has no conscience.....who are you or I to judge?

That is the point sparky. Kids do not do the smart thing all the time. Had Ms. Palin known this she could have told her daughter to use protection so that she would not be in the predicament she is in now.

BS BS BS and more BS!

How is it that a person who has absolutely zero experience raising children, dealing with the issues associated with raising children and advising teenage children have any business advising parents on how to raise children? Come on Buck, tell us more of your personal child rearing experiences.

When you have the experience to actually relate to this issue, come back and see me. When that time comes I’ll reconsider my judgment of your nonsensical statements as something other than what they are . . .Bull$h*t.

My friend....a stiff prick has no conscience.....who are you or I to judge?

I am not judging Bristol. Young children are getting knocked up on a regular basis. It happens. What I am judging is the deluded concept that her mother would like to implement nation wide. Abstinence only does not work. It did not work for her daughter, it did not work for her daughters boyfriend and it does not work for a large portion of society. If she does not learn from her mistake in judgment, I am not sure she is prepared to be VP

BS BS BS and more BS!

How is it that a person who has absolutely zero experience raising children, dealing with the issues associated with raising children and advising teenage children have any business advising parents on how to raise children? Come on Buck, tell us more of your personal child rearing experiences.

When you have the experience to actually relate to this issue, come back and see me. When that time comes I’ll reconsider my judgment of your nonsensical statements as something other than what they are . . .Bull$h*t.

When she becomes leader of the free world, she can use that experience and knowledge to negotiate a peace treaty between Russia and Georgia... :rolleyes:

BS BS BS and more BS!

Fine, I guess since no one here has been a POTUS none of us can argue or discuss what is required for that position. I'm not a doctor so I guess disscussing health care is out. Not a politician so I cannot talk about politics. I'm not a auto designer so I guess I can not talk about car design. I'm not philosopher so I guess discussion on that topic are out too.....blah blah blah

That's the dumbest logic I have ever heard. Not being a parent has no bearing on me discussing what is or is not working as far as sex ed is concerned. It is irresponsible in this day and age to only teach a child abstinence. Look at the number of teen births. In 2005 there were over 400,000 births for teens 15-19. Had she advocated safe sex if abstinence was not you choice then perhaps Bristol would not be in the situation she is in.

Palin advocates a policy that her daughter did not even follow.

As for the age of consent, not all states have the same age. I misread the site I was looking at. BFD!!! She just happens to be lucky enough to get knocked up in AK as opposed to DE or CA.

Besides, I was a kid so I know what works from that perspective. Try again.

Dear Genius, that would be called consensual sexual relations between adults. According to Alaska's statutory rape laws the age of consent is defined as 16 years old.

Alaska Statutory Rape Law

Time to stick foot in mouth...

From your own "source":

"In addition, Alaska statutory rape laws declare that anyone who is 18 years old or older who has sex with a person who is 16 or 17, or who is at least three years younger than the offender, can be charged with sexual abuse in the third degree. This is also a felony."

While it may be consensual, it is still a felony according to your "source"; a source that is likely erroneous.

I'd be happy to talk about Biden... like how he fixed some parts of the bankruptcy code (a fix that drives many libs nuts).