Oops. My V.P.'s unwed pregnant daughter

Your words. Absolutely not fair to take another's life. How are you okay with it?

You and KC should leave this topic because you obviously are foaming and nobody is losing their life in this private family matter.

(p.s. my wife is an RN too. So what?)

Mods -- I call for a seconded motion to close this topic.

I'll second that! :up:

B) xUT

George Burns lived till 100 and smoked. People have fallen off buildings and survived. People win the lottery What does that prove? Smoking kills and so does falling off buildings. And most who play the lotto loose.

Statistically having a child when over 40 has a greater risk. What is so difficult about understanding statistics? There will always be exceptions to the rule. I won once at Vegas and yet the 'house' seems to survive.

Your words. Absolutely not fair to take another's life. How are you okay with it?

You and KC should leave this topic because you obviously are foaming and nobody is losing their life in this private family matter.

(p.s. my wife is an RN too. So what?)

Mods -- I call for a seconded motion to close this topic.

And you are OK forcing a child to grow up, grow old and die with Downs? What give you that right? Are you OK with that?

Had you read the entire post you would have seen that I said I do not know what the 'right' answer is. I do know that by deciding to have a child after 40 she placed that embryo at added risk. That risk manifested it's self as downs. As I said earlier, I would not wish Downs on anyone. I know someone who has it. I know I would not want to bring a life into the world with Downs and I would do everything to prevent it. Including abortion as much as I hate the idea. I believe it is better than the alternative.

There KC...you hit it on the head...even for Mrs.Palin...all the preaching you do about any subject...the best a parent can hope for is their children will stop and think...whether you're the Governor or the Librarian thats the best it gets.
So then....whats the big friggin' moral dilemma with this womans daughter and why is it different than any other American Mom?

Because as a politician, she only wants to give a puzzle with half the pieces. Abstinence is only half the answer. Condoms and other methods are the other half. That is the part that as a politician she is unwilling to accept even when it is proven in her own family that her 'solution' to a very large teenage pregnancy problem does not work.

And you are OK forcing a child to grow up, grow old and die with Downs? What give you that right? Are you OK with that?

Had you read the entire post you would have seen that I said I do not know what the 'right' answer is. I do know that by deciding to have a child after 40 she placed that embryo at added risk. That risk manifested it's self as downs. As I said earlier, I would not wish Downs on anyone. I know someone who has it. I know I would not want to bring a life into the world with Downs and I would do everything to prevent it. Including abortion as much as I hate the idea. I believe it is better than the alternative.

If you kill them, then it is OkeyDokey?
Maybe you should leave your 'devine' insight up to the people involved.

Go out tomorrow and ask a 'downs' person if you can kill them...View attachment 7864

:down:

Nope. Dem issues are always swift-boated out into the spotlight. It cracks me up that many of you have this continueing impression of liberal bias. Yet nobody covers the sex scandals of Republicans. And don't lie to yourself that they don't exist. HAHAHAHA. Truth is...for the past decade +, the bias has turned very strongly towards the right wing and that is where your media control rests. Just look at the crap that makes headlines. It would have you believing that the Republicans are Gods. When it comes down to it, a politician is a politician...no matter what side of the aisle. They are in the position b/c they love POWER...not serving their country. And many of them ABUSE that power...both sides. But only the Dems are ever called out for it. The most impressive thing I have seen Bush/Cheney do since getting into office (aside from demolishing the world's strongest superpower in only 8 years) was to buy out the media and truly put a slant to it. Where it used to be a 'perceived' bias towards the left, it is now an overt bias to the right. They don't even hide it.

You're funny, coop.

buy out the media?? what a load of horsecrap if that's the case why didnt the media run wiith it when the brainless twit Nancy Pelosi told Brokaw that "Natural gas was a clean alternative to fossil fuel" what a dolt :lol:

For the twisted and very lost people on here who believe abortion is any kind of answer to what is termed a health problem---for example, Down Syndrome--- or what is considered an annoyance problem to others. You are being manipulated by your father the devil. Your destiny is secure via virtue of your allegiance to the lost Democratic party and all they represent which leads directly to an eternal underworld where the lost will forever dwell. Forever is a long time to burn yet you go willingly, amazing grace you ignore. http://web.eku.edu/flash/inferno/

Raising Children

The terms "raising children" or "bringing up children" are familiar to many parents. It's also a term used by God, the Father, not just for His firstborn Son, but for all who are awaiting to be born by means of a greater sort of raising, raising from the dead:

"Since we have the same spirit of faith as he had who wrote, "I believed, and so I spoke," we too believe, and so we speak, knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into His presence." (2 Corinthians 4:13-14 KJV)

"We know that in everything God works for good with those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, in order that He might be the first-born among many brethren." (Romans 8:28-29 KJV)

Conception and Birth

The New Testament was written mostly in Greek, and then translated into the many languages of the world. The Greek word pronounced gen-aw-oh is often translated as "born," but the original Greek word has a much broader literal meaning - it covers the entire process from conception to birth. Unlike (in certain areas of) the modern world where abortion has been magically transformed from a hideous criminal act to a "right," in God's eyes there is no Satanic debate about "when life begins" - according to God's Word, it begins at conception e.g. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you" (Jeremiah 1:5 KJV).

The original Greek word included the entire process of creating a new life, as proven by the two examples:

Gen-aw-oh translated as "born"
"Now when Jesus was born [i.e. the Greek gen-aw-oh] in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king" (Matthew 2:1 KJV)

Gen-aw-oh translated as "conceived"
"Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived [i.e. again, the Greek gen-aw-oh] in her is of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 1:20 KJV)

The good news, maybe, in view of what the Biblical word gen-aw-oh literally means, and God's statement "before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you," is that all of those who died before they were born, from abortion, may yet have a chance. Their human parents may not have wanted them, but their Spiritual Parent just might. The birth that they were denied, by man, may happen, by God - for Whom nothing is impossible. You didn't really think that Almighty God would let Satan win, anything, did you?

If you kill them, then it is OkeyDokey?
Maybe you should leave your 'devine' insight up to the people involved.

Go out tomorrow and ask a 'downs' person if you can kill them...View attachment 7864

:down:

I see you are still coming up with extreme alternatives. Perhaps there is something not as extreme?

I guess we have different opinions of when life starts.

Back