Oops. My V.P.'s unwed pregnant daughter

Time to stick foot in mouth...

From your own "source":

"In addition, Alaska statutory rape laws declare that anyone who is 18 years old or older who has sex with a person who is 16 or 17, or who is at least three years younger than the offender, can be charged with sexual abuse in the third degree. This is also a felony."

While it may be consensual, it is still a felony according to your "source"; a source that is likely erroneous.

With my foot in my mouth I still have the ability to ask you for the age of her boyfriend. Do you know? Is there a reference or link I can find this information? You seem to know the answer otherwise you wouldn’t have stated that the act was indeed a felony. My assumption was that A) he is 17 years old or younger B) there is less than 3 years difference in their ages and C) the commission of the sexual act did not meet the criteria of Alaska’s Statutory Rape laws. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that her boyfriend has been charged with the felony of statutory rape.

I’m willing to retract my statement if you or anyone else can provide information to the contrary. Until such information becomes available I will kindly disregard your call to place foot in mouth.

Update:

(3) being 18 years of age or older, the offender engages in sexual penetration with a person who is under 16 years of age, and

3A the victim at the time of the offense is residing in the same household as the offender and the offender has authority over the victim; or

3B the offender occupies a position of authority in relation to the victim.

3b Sexual abuse of a minor in the first degree is an unclassified felony and is punishable as provided in AS 12.55.

http://www.moraloutrage.net/staticpages/in...php?page=Alaska

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/cgi-bin/folio.../toc/{@1}?10,15

No one has stated that they know the age of the male involved. I brought up the question that if the male was over 18 it could prove to be an issue due to the age of consent. You pointed out that the age of consent in AK is 16. Lilly pointed out that sex between an 18yr old and a 16 yr old could be a felony. Lilly was commenting on the law, not this particular case. You pointed out that they could be certain exceptions for that.

So far, you are the only one who has made an assumption about the age of the male involved. :eek:

I seem to recall when I was her age that most girls seemed to be interesting in older guys. Freshmen were always dating seniors or even college freshmen.

It's crystal clear that the "chain of events", more than likely went as follows;

1. Mother(in this case in line for a possible VP position) teaches daughter to "keep a dime Firmly Pinched between both inside knees at All Times", but teaches No Other "plan B"

2. Teenage hormones start Raging, with end result of female "expecting"

3. Since Mother NEVER taught daughter a plan B, daughter NEVER considered it !

4. With abortion out of the question, and with NO where else to turn, daughter comes "clean" to Mom.

This begs the question as to Who was More guilty of bad judgement ? Daughter or Mom ?

The answer I suspect, is Painfully clear to some, responding to this topic ! !

My friend....a stiff prick has no conscience.....who are you or I to judge?
YOu have just hit upon the left's argument against "abstinence only" education. We seem to understand that hormones are STRONG, and abstinence only education or "purity pledges" sound great on paper, but in the real world it might not be a bad idea to discuss alternative measures of birth control. However, the right only views "alternative" as abortion. It isn't. The goal of addressing the role of HORMONES might mean that the kids have a condom handy for that moment of weakness. But educating kids on how NOT to get pregnant, so that they DON'T seek an abortion is just "too liberal" for them.

And again - if Bristol was not fortunate enough to come from a family with the financial means to assist in the upbringing of that kid, what is the rights solution for that problem? Do high school grads make more money in Alaska?

You know....the left is jumping all over this.....the Palin pick must have been a real BINGO for the GOP. :lol:

Caught the Big 'O' with his pants down.

Funny....what of that speech he gave last week....seems to have been forgotten all of the sudden :lol:

Its seems this young lass must be the first in the country to get pregnant out of wedlock the way the media is covering this.

Funny too....someone that age murders another and they keep their name withheld due to their age......doesn't wok if you're a conservative,huh?

You know....the left is jumping all over this.....the Palin pick must have been a real BINGO for the GOP. :lol:

Funny....what of that speech he gave last week....seems to have been forgotten all of the sudden :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo.......D-DUDE !

ALL the LEFT is doin' is pointing out the GOSH DARN..........................Hypocracy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It IS what it IS !!!!!!!

Its seems this young lass must be the first in the country to get pregnant out of wedlock the way the media is covering this.

Funny too....someone that age murders another and they keep their name withheld due to their age......doesn't wok if you're a conservative,huh?
I would imagine that had Bristol murdered someone, her name would have been released.

Nope...she's not the first to get pregnant out of wedlock...but when the daughter of the person who may well become president...and who believes in "abstinence only" sex education has a kid who apparently didn't listen in class OR to her own mother, and fell victim to the raging hormones of a teenage boy who didn't have access to condoms or other birth control...well, it's somewhat ironic I guess. Add to that the number of right wingers who will all but spit on a "less fortunate" teenage girl who becomes pregnant because she is a leech on society makes me believe that only rich people should have sex. Someone needs to ask Sarah what her plan is for little Suzie whose parents barely make enough to keep a roof over their heads when Suzie gets pregnant and her teenage boyfriend plan to "do the right thing" and get married. It's kind of hard raising a family on Mickey D pay. Of course, both the mother and father could work 2 jobs to insure that they have sufficient income, but then the career takes precedence over the child.

I guess this makes Sarah unqualified then?

Did you ever have premarital sex?

Ever ride bareback?

I was in my teens...who else?

C'mon baby take a chance....I left my condom''s in my other pants...

I guess this makes Sarah unqualified then?

Did you ever have premarital sex?

Ever ride bareback?

I was in my teens...who else?

C'mon baby take a chance....I left my condom''s in my other pants...
I didn't go around espousing that my beliefs on the subject should be the law of the land. Yes, I had premarital sex. I also wore a condom. I "rode bareback" after I was married, because we decided we wanted to have a kid. Is it that difficult to admit that "abstinence only" doesn't work?

It's crystal clear that the "chain of events", more than likely went as follows;

1. Mother(in this case in line for a possible VP position) teaches daughter to "keep a dime Firmly Pinched between both inside knees at All Times", but teaches No Other "plan B"

2. Teenage hormones start Raging, with end result of female "expecting"

3. Since Mother NEVER taught daughter a plan B, daughter NEVER considered it !

4. With abortion out of the question, and with NO where else to turn, daughter comes "clean" to Mom.

This begs the question as to Who was More guilty of bad judgement ? Daughter or Mom ?

The answer I suspect, is Painfully clear to some, responding to this topic ! !

What’s “crystal clearâ€￾ is that it is absolutely none of our business.

I didn't go around espousing that my beliefs on the subject should be the law of the land. Yes, I had premarital sex. I also wore a condom. I "rode bareback" after I was married, because we decided we wanted to have a kid. Is it that difficult to admit that "abstinence only" doesn't work?

Seems this dilemma that the Palin family now endures is actually a somewhat typical American family experience these days.Not all families but nonetheless not that limited either.

Time to stick foot in mouth...

From your own "source":

"In addition, Alaska statutory rape laws declare that anyone who is 18 years old or older who has sex with a person who is 16 or 17, or who is at least three years younger than the offender, can be charged with sexual abuse in the third degree. This is also a felony."

While it may be consensual, it is still a felony according to your "source"; a source that is likely erroneous.

The campaign confirmed Monday night that the father's full name is Levi Johnston, 17, a high school student in Wasilla, Alaska.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0100710_pf.html

Hope this helps.

I can not believe that this is already a 5 page thread. View attachment 7862

‘No One’ can control their children if they choose to ignore advice; be it friends, drugs, sex, sexual orientation, political views, etc... :shock:

I am sure most of us have horror stories of children of friends, coworkers, or family where some kid went out of control.

EOS! :down:

B) xUT

What’s “crystal clearâ€￾ is that it is absolutely none of our business.

If she were the daughter of anyone other than a well to do Republican who happens to be running for Vice President, then it's okay to refer to her as a "welfare queen" who is "getting pregant to get more government money" and who "shoulda kept her legs together.