Organizing drives to oust the IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like filing short of cards and causing a bar and then US Air imposed concessions on fleet and csa?

Like trying to sell his name list to the IBT for a job?

Like trying to get a job with the TWU until the DFW TWU local President informed the PHX pres about Timmy trying to raid the AA Fleet Service with his made up AGW union?
It's not like concessions weren't imposed on Fleet while they were under the IAM's blanket of protection either. I, along with thousands of others lost much more as an IAM member than we did in the years prior. We could have given into several rounds of concessions and the outsourcing of our jobs WITHOUT PAYING A MONTHLY FEE to make it all happen!!

Like filing short of cards and causing a bar and then US Air imposed concessions on fleet and csa?

Like trying to sell his name list to the IBT for a job?

Like trying to get a job with the TWU until the DFW TWU local President informed the PHX pres about Timmy trying to raid the AA Fleet Service with his made up AGW union?
It's not like concessions weren't imposed on Fleet while they were under the IAM's blanket of protection either. I, along with thousands of others lost much more as an IAM member than we did in the years prior. We could have given into several rounds of concessions and the outsourcing of our jobs WITHOUT PAYING A MONTHLY FEE to make it all happen!!

Henderfuzz,

To add legitimacy to your posts and to show that your ideas are more than pontification, why don't
you give us an insight to the credential you bring as a leader.

1. What offices have you held?

2. Do you intend to run for any offices?

3. Have you read the 141 Bylaws?

4. Have you read the IAMAW constitution?

5. Are you familiar with the NMB rules?

6. Are you familiar with the LMRDA?

7. Have you attended even one local lodge meeting?

Answers to these questions would add legitimacy to what some members view as baseless rants.
Thanks,

I honestly dont know why my standing in the IAM is important in order to have an opinion here but I will answer your questions.
1.none 2.No at this time 3. No 4. no 5. Not all of them 6. no 7. Yes
I hope this helps you. In seeing my answers I can already see that you will think I have no bussiness making comments but I do have a right to stake my opinion becasue its my union as it is anyones.
I do know that tring to decertify a union is not very pleasant. Just take a look at what happened at NW and the Maint. guys They got rid of the IAM and got AMFA From what I see nothing much changed. Your only as good as your leaders and if thats the problem than get in there and change the leadership quit making excuses that they cant be removed.

I have to agree with wings. All the IAM has done for me is take...take...take....
And the sad part is, we are PAYING them to do it!!

Funny,
why was regan and company in clt the other day.. the boys from the national only seem
to come around when there is labor unrest.. last time I say them was when the twu was trying to get on the property
before that the infamous speech " vote this bk contract so you can live to fight another day".. THE only time we see or hear
from these bozos is when they feel their jobs are at stake.. how pathetic is that.. Didn't see them around trying to sell the b/s t/a
didn't seem them around explaining why they gave the westies our profit sharing (NO OFFENSE TO YOU GUYS OUT WEST) when they weren't apart and to this
day still aren't apart of that CBA .. Didn't see them around asking rank and file WHAT THEY WANT IN OUR T/A,, no the only time they show is when their 100,000
jobs are on the line.. GREAT COMMUNICATION FROM THE TOP.

...why they gave the westies our profit sharing (NO OFFENSE TO YOU GUYS OUT WEST) when they weren't apart and to this
day still aren't apart of that CBA ..

We did not want to be part of the Easties' IAM, but forced into it and ironically, the same union you are trying to dump presently (hey, the TWU was once interested, ya know). We continue to be treated as junior partners in this "Union" and so we are part of the IAM, but not entitled to the same treatment? The profit sharing was for the entire year and I barely got half my share. Easties had no problem taking the America West company side of the profits. We are the bastardized component of this organization and all in "unity" so long as it serves East purposes?

If not for America West, US Airways was days from liquidation as no other investors were willing to touch this mess, and Easties would be greeters at Wal-Mart (NO OFFENSE TO YOU GUYS OUT EAST) without profit sharing or much else.

We did not want to be part of the Easties' IAM, but forced into it and ironically, the same union you are trying to dump presently (hey, the TWU was once interested, ya know). We continue to be treated as junior partners in this "Union" and so we are part of the IAM, but not entitled to the same treatment? The profit sharing was for the entire year and I barely got half my share. Easties had no problem taking the America West company side of the profits. We are the bastardized component of this organization and all in "unity" so long as it serves East purposes?

If not for America West, US Airways was days from liquidation as no other investors were willing to touch this mess, and Easties would be greeters at Wal-Mart (NO OFFENSE TO YOU GUYS OUT EAST) without profit sharing or much else.
But just remember the profits are ONLY coming from the East side? They seem to think so. IT is a really tired subject. We are better as ONE airline. When will anyone please stop saying who is making more money or better?! Please. This is one tired thread, over and over! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The days were numbered on both sides unless there were investors to make it work!!! <_<

Jester,

Talking about the profit sharing is a touchy subject because it flames emotions that divide us.
I think that oriolman was not attempting to say that the west was not entitled to profit sharing.
The east contract has specific language that calls for a specific percentage of profit sharing
(as reparation for concessions taken during the BK transformation) to be given to fleet service
workers covered under the agreement. The TWU contract did not contain profit sharing language.
Fortunately for the west employees, USAirways filings with the SEC allowed that all IAM represented
fleet service employees be given profit sharing.
Here is the problem. Canale decided to give the west employees profit sharing monies from the
percentage guaranteed under the east contract instead of from additional monies guarantied by
the Security and Exchange Commission filings. In other words, Canale took from the east instead
of Parker to pay the west. That amounts to theft, and that's where the anger stems from.

As for being forced to be part of the easties IAM, there are opinions that the TWU was paid to leave.
Under the LMRDA, Unions are required to file financial reports. People find it odd that the IAM is paying
TWU "Gifts and Donations" to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars monthly starting the month
they "gave up" representation. "If" foul play was involved in representation elections, the west would
have to file with the NMB to rectify that. The reports are published on the DOL OLMS web site.

Beyond that, we should not allow anything to divide us at this point.
We need to be united in insisting that "our" representation fight for its membership.

Thanks,

orioleman,

this union [insert workers here] is more unified than I have ever seen. Remember, the union is always the worker, the IAM is just the bargaining agent that represents the masses.

I'm talking east and west are unified and have joined together on some things. Our network has daily communication and involves ALL hub participation and another 3 dozen stations. IMO, the IAM's days are finally numbered as the bargaining agent for our union. They have themselves to blame as it is impossible to change the IAM because of its district structure. Boss Canale knows he can't get voted out, and all the AGC's know they are in for life. Fat and Happy and nobody can do a thing about it. Bottom line.

I have heard some say 'just change the greivance committee'. Remember, the Local Grievance chairman has no 'juice' with anything District related unless Boss Canale appoints him/her. Further, I actually attempted to change the District leadership by coordinating a ticket only to have the DL141 violate its own bylaws and have to be repremanded by the DOL and DOJ. Since then I have been trying to get the IAM out as I have been convinced it is rotten to the core and it has shown nothing to the workers over 13 years. I think my position is now joined by the vast majority. I used to think that the IAM stood for I'll Ask Management but since then I have discovered that it is actually, "I Am Management", with Boss Parker as chief Poo Pa. Canale reports to him and of course the United Airline Board of Directors. It's a total mess and a total mind job that the IAM has had the privilige of representing 7,700 awesome workers and has prostituted it in such full blown ways. It's the profanity of profanities as the masses continue to be collared by corporate greed with the help of the I Am Management bargaining agent.

Further, those people saying 'get involved' to make a change within the IAM need to realize its district structure prevents a change in leadership. Everyone knows each AGC is pathetic but you can't do anything about it unless you can get United Airlines, Phillipine airlines, Aloha, Hawaaiin, IAM 141 members to agree with you and vote them out. I know it sounds sweet and nice to say 'change the union from within' or 'get involved', but unfortunately I can tell you as someone who tried it twice and put together a good ticket [I wasn't on these tickets myself] that the structure prevents participation in offices of meaning.

I can also tell you that as 4 of DL 141 airlines were in Bankruptcy and most of its members took 'deep' pay cuts and other human beings lost their jobs, the 141 officers got pay increases and didn't care. So, myself and many United airline workers in ORD decided to present a bylaw change to limit the salaries or reduce the salaries of our union bosses to keep them accountable and for them to feel the pain of its members. I took the floor at the district convention and presented this bylaw change, on behalf of 5,000 United airline people in ORD that approved it, that would have limited the big $100,000+ salary increases but it was squashed in a matter of minutes.

Nothing happens, nothing changes in this District but it's the system that is controlled by the DL bylaws and the INTL contstitution. I can also tell you as someone who was involved and sat on the Local Chairman committee for 5 years that you can forget about 'getting involved' because with Canale it still comes down to who can kiss enough a$$ and who can drink the most booze at the conventions. Change your local chairman as many times as you want, what juice do they have other than settling grievances...but even those grievances end up in District hands.

I'm telling you folks as someone who was involved, and unlike Jeff hayden who couldn't win an election against even Doug Parker, I was always elected each time I ran by my own constitutants, I was also voted in by United Airline workers to represent them at the District convention, even though I didn't work for United. I say that to tell you folks that getting invovled doesn't mean squat with the IAM unless you really like kissing a$$. In fact, Canale's biggest A$$ kissers are those who i heard told you to vote for the last contract, The Dave Lolly's [PIT], Tony D's [CLT], Jeff Hayden's [PHL]. These guys are blowing their smoke up people's butts right now in breakrooms but remember they were the ones who also either signed their names on the sellout or are positioning themselves politically with the IAM. They are part of the system and either have a nice IAM position or in Tony's case wanting one. What's freakn hilarious is if you go to the PIT town hall meeting and you see Tony's Pal, Dave Lolly flip like a pancake. Lolly signed his name on that rag and is such a master politician he wanted to take the stage and scold Parker for how bad the contract was. Hey Dave, I'm looking at the contract right now and it has your name on it. Am I right or wrong? Stop running your mouth out of both sides! PIT remember who sold you guys out and now is talking big. I get the creeps from those who sell people out, take the stage at a town hall meeting against Parker with the cameras on, but agreeing with Parker behind closed doors. Freddy Voight from CLT stood up to Parker in the CLT town hall meeting and has 5 times the balls Lolly has and Doesn't flip like a politician like Dave Lolly did on camera. Dave, you signed the sellout so stop acting like you have a set.

At any rate, sorry for the rant but I would be shocked if the IBT and the IBEW take longer than 60 days to get 80% of the cards. FWIW: My understanding is that the IBEW has commenced their card signup. Although I'm on the IBT ORD organizing committee, I hope that the IBT organizers in PHL, PIT, CLT, PHX, LAS and other key stations don't stand in the way of someone if they want to sign an IBEW card. I remember back in 1994 when the USWA and the IBT got into a pissing match and fleet service got stuck with the IAM. My understanding is that the IBT and IBEW will be doing a professional campaign and they both realize the problem is the 'piss clam' representation that the IAmManagement has provided.

Most know what to do, so let's get this done. The quicker the better.

[email protected]

regards,

Tim,
I have some questions for you. 1, If we vote in the IBT, what does that do to our "vested" pension in tha IAM national pension fund? 2, How do I get IBT cards for my fellow fleet workers?

Does anyone know the actual figure for our hourly wage if the COC is won? I come up with $23.41 hr. Just curious why the IAM is so secretive about that number. Maybee it is because they low-balled us on the T/A.

You can only get the benefit that you are vested for and then you will not have the IAMNPF anymore.

It is IAM specific.

Can the IAM repremand me for trying to get fellow fleet workers to sign cards for other unions? Or take any action against me for that matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back