Our New Uniforms

FlyDeMetrius

Oct 22, 2002
What do you guys really think about our new uniforms. Stan Herman designed Amtrak new uniforms and they look very sharp. I think at Delta has the best uniforms in the sky and on theground

Attachments

• delta_airlines.jpg
    delta_airlines.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 309
I really do not care for the new uniform.

I think the f/a's should have been black to match the pilot's uniforms. It would have looked so sharp. And I think the flight crews should stand out and be separate from the gate agent's uniform.

The dress is a waste of fabric because it looks like a hospital's cafeteria uniform. What a joke.

Instead of the blue ribbon on the sleeve of the f/a's jackets, they should match the silver piping on the sleeves of the pilot's jacket or at least complement each other.

I could go on and on but it's done.

And, yes, Delta does have great looking uniforms. I ran into some delta girls last week and they were really glad to get rid of their old uniform.

I'm sure the look of the uniform compared to the other Airlines all came down to how much money Stan Herman was given by USAirways.....obviously Delta, JetBlue, and even Amtrak are smarter to invest more money in a designer that will make their employees look and feel better. It's not a terrible uniform, it just doesn't have any jazz to it!

Ok I don't want to get into another uniform hashing but I received my complete uniform last week and tried on all of the pieces. I was hesitant of the vest when I tried it on at the fitting. Now that I have it in my hands, I don't really think it should even be called a "vest". It looks like a lunch lady smock. WTF is that damn thing? I don't care HOW you tailor it that thing is ugly, ugly, ugly. To think people were freaking over the skort. Even if Stan was working on a budget he couldn't have offered a damn fitted vest? A vest that actually LOOKS like a vest? Passengers will crack up when the see it. My partner was my audience as I tried different pieces on. He nearly p!ssed his pants and almost rolled off the bed. Holy $H!T is that thing ugly. It will be RIGHT back in the mail. :rolleyes:

My usual reply is a roll of the eyes and a "I don't care what I wear, just pay me". However. Not looking forward to walking beside Molly skort and zip cardigan with flats through a European airport. Can't they at least put parameters on it? Like wear the suit, scarf and proper shoes if you do Europe and leave the skort and company for domestic and Caribbean? Yes, I am a SNOB! The thing is, right next to me on the escalator is Alitalia, Air France, BA and um, they don't wear skorts! It's bad enough I get to represent the worst airline in the world, do I have to look like it?

My usual reply is a roll of the eyes and a "I don't care what I wear, just pay me". However. Not looking forward to walking beside Molly skort and zip cardigan with flats through a European airport. Can't they at least put parameters on it? Like wear the suit, scarf and proper shoes if you do Europe and leave the skort and company for domestic and Caribbean? Yes, I am a SNOB! The thing is, right next to me on the escalator is Alitalia, Air France, BA and um, they don't wear skorts! It's bad enough I get to represent the worst airline in the world, do I have to look like it?

We currently have in our contract that specifically states no different uniform standard between domestic/international. This is suppose to change whenever a new contract comes.

Some of you are such drama queens!! I like the vest. Not your style? Don't wear the damn thing.

And as far as Delta? I have seen MANY of their f/a's in their supposed "glam" uniform looking as bad if not worse then our f/a's in our current uniform.

LCC#1..... Though anyone can make the BEST uniform look like trash I HARDLY think if you lined up our employees against theirs that any of THEIRS would stick out as looking worse than ours. Highly doubt it. And the vest...your right we have a choice whether to wear it or not. That thing belongs in a school cafeteria serving slop to 8th graders. It's not even cut like a damn vest. Look at ANY and I mean ANY airline or typical vest and tell me where the hell he came up with THAT garb. It looks like a smock from art class too. AAAAAAAHAHAHA. Hardly a drama queen here darlin'. Simply a bit more modern and with the times. No mock for me either. GAGGING. Old man attire. :lol: Right up there with what he pushes on QVC. Cost constraints couldn't have made him produce some of these items.

Ooooooooh don't worry john john, a few pieces from the new Usairways Spring collection will make statements as well. :lol: ;)

LCC#1..... Though anyone can make the BEST uniform look like trash I HARDLY think if you lined up our employees against theirs that any of THEIRS would stick out as looking worse than ours. Highly doubt it. And the vest...your right we have a choice whether to wear it or not. That thing belongs in a school cafeteria serving slop to 8th graders. It's not even cut like a damn vest. Look at ANY and I mean ANY airline or typical vest and tell me where the hell he came up with THAT garb. It looks like a smock from art class too. AAAAAAAHAHAHA. Hardly a drama queen here darlin'. Simply a bit more modern and with the times. No mock for me either. GAGGING. Old man attire. :lol: Right up there with what he pushes on QVC. Cost constraints couldn't have made him produce some of these items.

You know, travelpro, I am no country pumpkin from the sticks. I am 45 and I suspect you arent too far behind me. I have lived in NYC and KNOW fashion!! What I DO know is that fashion is individual!! There are PLENTY of pieces to choose from and that is what makes the uniform work. YOU are NO designer or you sure as hell wouldn't be here. Dress in what you feel makes good...which with your hyper critical case would not be much...but PLEASE!! STOP judging all of us like YOU are the authority. I PROMISE you I have more style in my pinky finger than most do in their entire body. Stan is NOT to blame for not pleasing you!! His task WAS difficult and I applaud him for his effort. If you guys are so damn insightful, PLEASE apply for Project Runway!! I will be right behind you!!

We currently have in our contract that specifically states no different uniform standard between domestic/international. This is suppose to change whenever a new contract comes.

Some of you are such drama queens!! I like the vest. Not your style? Don't wear the damn thing.

And as far as Delta? I have seen MANY of their f/a's in their supposed "glam" uniform looking as bad if not worse then our f/a's in our current uniform.
i like the vest too. lol

JMHO, I believe that any FAs working A (Lead) position on all domestic flights should be required to wear the jacket (or vest) and tie. When catering to the people who generate the most revenue to the carrier, the Elites (at least the few we have left), we should dress the part. Leave "business casual" open collared shirts to the main cabin!

JMHO, I believe that any FAs working A (Lead) position on all domestic flights should be required to wear the jacket (or vest) and tie. When catering to the people who generate the most revenue to the carrier, the Elites (at least the few we have left), we should dress the part. Leave "business casual" open collared shirts to the main cabin!

Are you a part of a union?? For someone so pro union, shoudn't you adhere TO that contract?? Want a change?? See a union rep. Anything more than than that is bullsh*t out of your mouth!! The flying public could give a rats ass whether you have on a tie or jacket!! Just treat them like a human being!! Geez. you people live in the "50's!!