Our New Uniforms

Of course I am part of a union and have been my entire career. I have probably volunteered more of my time in different aspects of union committees than you ever have.

As for the professional appearance....yes, I am old school. It was the way I was taught when I started flying decades ago and I still hold onto those values today. Just call me "Ward Cleaver" when I pass you on the concourse next time!

As for the flying publics opinion of our appearance....well, I can't speak for you, but I certainly don't care to be regarded as a slob. Just because our airline has reached all-time lows in appearance and product does not mean that I should have to stoop to that level. I also don't need you to tell me how to treat the passengers onboard. Trust me, I could probably give YOU lessons on how to provide a level of customer service that will keep them coming back even with the lousy onboard product we have.

I should have expected such a response for someone who got a woody for skirted meal carts and Texas Toast in Envoy Class! :rolleyes:

Thank you. You don't have to dress at the level your company chooses to be at. It doesn't make a statement about anyone but the individual.

F/As want to be considered professionals but then show up looking like prison cafeteria ladies or beach bums.

I agree that on international the suit version should be required. If we did have qualified pursers they should be in it too. And boys... put on a tie. It's just sloppy and gross. I have a friend who wears a tie and blazer and irons his shirt, and people always think he's in charge. You know it's reached a low when my co-workers say, wow, you look so nice, like a real flight attendant! Uh... aren't you supposed to?

I agree 903. I'm happy to be 'old school'.

I think I've said my piece about the new leisurewear.

Now Etops, what is everyone going to look at with a long vest like that?

Now Etops, what is everyone going to look at with a long vest like that?

lol!!! don't worry . i will fix that . ;)

Interesting you would point this out here. This has been a pet peeve of mine since I became a Chairman's Preferred.

Whether I'm "upfront" on an award, upgrade or paid I think that I should dress like Maybe I bought the bleeping ticket. Shirt with an actual collar, NO this doesn't mean a golf shirt, a real live honest to God shirt! For me usually a button down collar and my FFOCUS pin proudly displayed. Below the waist it means at least Dockers or dress pants and NEVER EVER athletic shoes or jeans.

I stay at a hotel near JFK sometimes and crews from Virgin, SAS and BA stay there and these folks have some snappy uniform attire let me tell you. I haven't seen the new uniforms so I'll reserve judgement for now. However I'm NOT optimistic given the prior track record with Management.

That feet on the bulkhead drives me nuts though. I mean how would they like it if I came to their house and put my feet on the wall for Crissakes? May I ask why F/A's don't say anything? I have ideas why I'd just like to hear it from you folks.

Nobody is saying you have to wear a jacket and a tie. Cut off jean shorts and flip flops are not appropriate attire.

And 700, what a flight attendant does on an aircraft without passengers should not be a concern to anybody.

When I am commuting or non-reving I DO NOT put my feet up on a wall....

It is all about HOW TO ACT IN PUBLIC!!!!!!

It is a concern when you put your dirty shoes on a bulkhead that someone else has to clean.

Been there done that.

It is rude.

couldn't agree with you more my friend.

Passengers have given up on "elite" service years ago. They pay extra for the comfort and legroom that is offered in First/Business. IN fact notice how the more experienced flyers don't want more than maybe a bottle of water for the entire flight.

I really do not care for the new uniform.

I think the f/a's should have been black to match the pilot's uniforms. It would have looked so sharp. And I think the flight crews should stand out and be separate from the gate agent's uniform.

The dress is a waste of fabric because it looks like a hospital's cafeteria uniform. What a joke.

Instead of the blue ribbon on the sleeve of the f/a's jackets, they should match the silver piping on the sleeves of the pilot's jacket or at least complement each other.

I could go on and on but it's done.

And, yes, Delta does have great looking uniforms. I ran into some delta girls last week and they were really glad to get rid of their old uniform.
I Love It!! It Looks Really Sharp!! My Partner Works For Delta and Wishes He Had Our Uniforms!! Very Good Quailty!! :up: