Our New Uniforms

JMHO, I believe that any FAs working A (Lead) position on all domestic flights should be required to wear the jacket (or vest) and tie. When catering to the people who generate the most revenue to the carrier, the Elites (at least the few we have left), we should dress the part. Leave "business casual" open collared shirts to the main cabin!
couldn't agree with you more my friend.

I got all my pieces, and I have to say I that i was really looking forward to the vest. It is horrible looking. I was hoping it was going to be fitted. Im returning it for a size smaller and chaning the length to Regular from Long. We shall see.

JMHO, I believe that any FAs working A (Lead) position on all domestic flights should be required to wear the jacket (or vest) and tie. When catering to the people who generate the most revenue to the carrier, the Elites (at least the few we have left), we should dress the part. Leave "business casual" open collared shirts to the main cabin!

When these so called "elites" start dressing like THEY belong up there, I WILL start dressing like that.

Nothing says class more than a old guy in short shorts putting his nasty ass bare feet up on the wall and having his nasty sack hang out.

Dress and act like first class and I will dress and act like I am attending to someone with class.

I got all my pieces, and I have to say I that i was really looking forward to the vest. It is horrible looking. I was hoping it was going to be fitted. Im returning it for a size smaller and chaning the length to Regular from Long. We shall see.
i do have to admit. it does fit kinda long. goes all the way down to my crotch.

Need to see it on some old chicks with really bad attitudes before I can judge! You know the type, the old bitty who has been flying since I was in Junior High (1979) and thinks that all rampers are one step up from welfare recipients!

When these so called "elites" start dressing like THEY belong up there, I WILL start dressing like that.

Nothing says class more than a old guy in short shorts putting his nasty ass bare feet up on the wall and having his nasty sack hang out.

Dress and act like first class and I will dress and act like I am attending to someone with class.
I'll have to agree with you here. Nothing like a 80 year old pair of manberries popping out at you at 7am. Yick. There is a distinct difference in who is riding up front these days.

Yah, I am all over the idea of bringing along the uniform I want to wear (that I plan on tossing in the washing machine) and then the jacket and of course the extra uniform pieces that I "dry clean only" so that the color will match up with the jacket that is dry clean only in my suitcase - just incase I am "A". The only way I could love this idea more is if I were a commuter.

LOL.

/sarcasm off

These days I see a lot of our "Elites" in the back of the plane because they are not able to upgrade.

Now now Vista.....your no fashionista so you shouldn't be making comments about the vest here. Oh LCC#1 I guess I shouldn't make any comments about other topics regarding Usscareways since I'm not a mechanic, ceo, coo and the like. Lighten up LCC#1. We know you have had an epiphany since your little disappearance and have seen the light. It's nice to see your born again. Just remember this.....born again for a reason. All of the sudden? Hmmmm. Anyway the vest is as ugly as all get out and you'd be HARD PRESSED to find anyone from the streets of NEW YORK wearing that piece of crap. My god....anything else you'd like to defend. Like the Mock too? AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: All in good fun my dear.....AAAALL in good fun.

Are you a part of a union?? For someone so pro union, shoudn't you adhere TO that contract?? Want a change?? See a union rep. Anything more than than that is bullsh*t out of your mouth!! The flying public could give a rats ass whether you have on a tie or jacket!! Just treat them like a human being!! Geez. you people live in the "50's!!

Of course I am part of a union and have been my entire career. I have probably volunteered more of my time in different aspects of union committees than you ever have.

As for the professional appearance....yes, I am old school. It was the way I was taught when I started flying decades ago and I still hold onto those values today. Just call me "Ward Cleaver" when I pass you on the concourse next time!

As for the flying publics opinion of our appearance....well, I can't speak for you, but I certainly don't care to be regarded as a slob. Just because our airline has reached all-time lows in appearance and product does not mean that I should have to stoop to that level. I also don't need you to tell me how to treat the passengers onboard. Trust me, I could probably give YOU lessons on how to provide a level of customer service that will keep them coming back even with the lousy onboard product we have.

I should have expected such a response for someone who got a woody for skirted meal carts and Texas Toast in Envoy Class! :rolleyes:

What's this about Texas Toast in Envoy??? Oh god, I've never been so nervous. :shock: Anyway all of this going on about the uniform, I just wish I would get mine already. I know everybody is bickering but honestly different people look good in different things, I'm in my early 30's and am VERY picky about how I look and the kind of clothes that I wear along with shoes, etc. Although we didn't have too long to try on the uniform I actually thought I looked pretty good in most of the pieces including the vest and the turtleneck (which will be very nice for commuting). Although I may have a change of heart about the vest it'll be nice just to get rid of that piece of crap uniform we have now. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but if your gut hangs down to your knees then you probably won't look good in the vest or the turtleneck. I hope the sups are in the terminal busting peoples chops because I'm sick of being embarrassed by some of these slobs around here.

And I agree with you about wearing the tie and blazer 903.

Bob,

The reason they don't say anything is FAs do the samething!

When I was Utility and I was working a flight I seen many FAs sitting in F/C while we were cleaning with their feet propped up agains the bulkhead.

I use to ask them "Do you put your feet on your walls at home?", only to get a dirty look.

My usual reply is a roll of the eyes and a "I don't care what I wear, just pay me". However. Not looking forward to walking beside Molly skort and zip cardigan with flats through a European airport. Can't they at least put parameters on it? Like wear the suit, scarf and proper shoes if you do Europe and leave the skort and company for domestic and Caribbean? Yes, I am a SNOB! The thing is, right next to me on the escalator is Alitalia, Air France, BA and um, they don't wear skorts! It's bad enough I get to represent the worst airline in the world, do I have to look like it?
Hey Gallery Princess
My most all time most embarrassing moment of my flying career was in 2000 at Rome and we were in the waiting area and a BA crew and a Atalia crew walked by and the BA CSD came over asked what time the bus is coming to take then to the plane. Because the bus drivers had a similar uniforms to ours. I just replied we are waiting for our bus too. You should have seen the look on her face

Latest posts