Parker Turns Down Bonus

You quit, you don't have a dog in this fight anymore. I don't need you or anybody else from Pennsylvania telling me anything. It's the old USAir rusthead mentality that got us into this position. I took a 52% paycut and went from Captain to F/O. I lost my retirement too. etc,etc... I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm ready to take inventory, assess what we have left to work with, and move forward. The whiners and name callers can kiss my rosy red ass.
Doug Parker and crew are going my way- forward, you can stay behind.

Flame on!
So in a nutshell you took it in the shorts with a hot poker and are still there hoping and praying sunny days are around the corner with Uncle Doughy being your corner stone of faith, that happy days will absolutely return as long as people on here stop posting negativity, or shall I say, reality. You need some serious counseling my friend before you are a danger to your immediate family and the flying public. This is a very serious symptom not to be ignored.

You quit, you don't have a dog in this fight anymore. I don't need you or anybody else from Pennsylvania telling me anything. It's the old USAir rusthead mentality that got us into this position. I took a 52% paycut and went from Captain to F/O. I lost my retirement too. etc,etc... I'm tired of hearing about it. I'm ready to take inventory, assess what we have left to work with, and move forward. The whiners and name callers can kiss my rosy red ass.
Doug Parker and crew are going my way- forward, you can stay behind.

Flame on!

You need your medication adjusted, pal.

And obviously you don't know me personally. I did not quit.

I'll be back...when they recall Voluntarys.

Hang on to your right seat hat...incoming! :lol:

Oh, many of us comprehend even though we are not as you call "corporate cheerleaders." Not to be mean or cruel hearted, but it seems there is another choice...seek employment where you would be appropriately compensated for your skills and talents. Take inventory and see what you bring to the table. I’ll bet you bring a lot of marketable skills and talents.

Folks in the west worked for years (and still do) at the pay rates you are complaining about so it is tough to gain sympathy from out this way. You don't hear much whining from that quarter for some reason. At least you had the good pay for a while. Nothing is forever. No matter the cause, it is a whine and the noise is getting old.

Life is good so if the new US Airways is not to your liking, seek a life where you can be happy and make others happy. Whatever the choice, please stop whining.

Thanks for letting me vent. Now take all the shots you want. I’ll try not to whine unless the shot involves whining :)
VOR,
Typical response from someone enjoying the positive gains of this company,
Which was made possible off the backs of some employees, while others were not required to sacrifice anything.

I'm not here to gain your Sympathy, Just to let people know how unjust the pathetic bankrupcy laws are.

Thanks for your suggestion about seeking employment elsewhere, It's still being considered.

But I got some bad news for you, The "whining" will not stop, Even if you say please.

Don't you feel the least bit guilty ? Living off the sacrifices of others ?

Now this is funny...

IF King Parker cared for his employees, the bonus he deferred could have been applied to the labor workers instead.

Exactly, talk about a morale booster.....the employees hard work and low pay got these executives to that point...give it back!

We KNOW your sacrifices, truly we do and at FFOCUS we've tried to say thanks.

But honestly the game is over, labor lost, period. No need to cry over spilt milk or for anyone to gloat either.

Your best chance at recovering some of those losses is with an airline that is consistently profitable and growing. Unions thrive when the company thrives. In order to thrive you have to dust yourself off, lose the bitterness and get to the task at hand. I know it's not an easy thing to do. The alternative of being bitter, hostile and uncooperative only hurts you in the end.

This is not Corporate Cheerleading it's the reality of the situation. It's time to lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
Bob, This game is far from over.
Do you actually think a company can get away with screwing over their work force and have no repercussions ?

Bob, This game is far from over.
Do you actually think a company can get away with screwing over their work force and have no repercussions ?
We know a lot of employees have been screwed by "the company", and that sucks. But there's a point where "the company" needs to be separated from "the management". Doug is now the representative of USAirways, but he did nothing in the past to screw any East employees. Don't trust him completely . .but you have reason to say without a doubt that HE will screw you too.

IF King Parker cared for his employees, the bonus he deferred could have been applied to the labor workers instead.

Exactly, talk about a morale booster.....the employees hard work and low pay got these executives to that point...give it back!

great idea!

$770,000/38,000 employees = $20.26/employee....whoopee!!

VOR,
Typical response from someone enjoying the positive gains of this company,
Which was made possible off the backs of some employees, while others were not required to sacrifice anything.

I'm not here to gain your Sympathy, Just to let people know how unjust the pathetic bankrupcy laws are.

Thanks for your suggestion about seeking employment elsewhere, It's still being considered.

But I got some bad news for you, The "whining" will not stop, Even if you say please.

Don't you feel the least bit guilty ? Living off the sacrifices of others ?

There is no doubt that “laborâ€￾ is the backbone of the Company but no one is out to screw you. Without the front line operations folks there wouldn't be much money made in this business but there are others who produce tangible benefits to the company. We may not get our hands dirty, face off with an irate customer, fix or fly aircraft but we produce. I totally appreciate the good work done by those work groups! We do all those “nonerâ€￾ jobs that most folks don’t even think about. As far as the bonuses go, you seem to fail to appreciate the efforts of these other low key work groups. I, along with most other non-represented management employees, worked my butt off for that bonus and I take it with pride---no apologies.

Bottom line, we all have choices, if we don't like the system we change it, leave it, or whine about it. Life is all about the choices we make. I got lucky and made a good one in this case. I've gotten performance-based bonuses almost every year I've been in this business and I am proud of that fact. I am only sorry most represented work groups don’t have that option in their contracts. For me, life great! I’m only sorry it is not as great for everyone!

Pass the kool aid :)

There is no doubt that “laborâ€￾ is the backbone of the Company but no one is out to screw you. Without the front line operations folks there wouldn't be much money made in this business but there are others who produce tangible benefits to the company. We may not get our hands dirty, face off with an irate customer, fix or fly aircraft but we produce. I totally appreciate the good work done by those work groups! We do all those “nonerâ€￾ jobs that most folks don’t even think about. As far as the bonuses go, you seem to fail to appreciate the efforts of these other low key work groups. I, along with most other non-represented management employees, worked my butt off for that bonus and I take it with pride---no apologies.

Bottom line, we all have choices, if we don't like the system we change it, leave it, or whine about it. Life is all about the choices we make. I got lucky and made a good one in this case. I've gotten performance-based bonuses almost every year I've been in this business and I am proud of that fact. I am only sorry most represented work groups don’t have that option in their contracts. For me, life great! I’m only sorry it is not as great for everyone!

Pass the kool aid :)

Very well said VOR! Those in represented work groups tend to forget the others ..those in payroll who ensure they get a paycheck every week; those in benefits who have to listen to employees #### when the insurance company screws up; those in SOC who have to decide which flight to cancel knowing it will piss someone off; those in crew scheudling who get bitched at by crew members just because the scheduler is trying to ensure all flights are staffed.

Managment makes a big contribution to the company as well--sure, they don't always make the right decision (nobody does) ..but at least at this company, I feel they have made the right decision more often than not (I'm talking about current US management). Both front line employees and managers deserve repsect from the other group. Those that assume managers are out to screw them (without any evidence to support that belief) aren't showing the respect that is deserved--and don't deserve the respect in return.

VOR, rjh,
It is not my intent to de-mean yours and other peoples jobs.

But it is not right when a company is able to file for bankrupcy,
Tell a judge [which knows NOTHING about running an airline],
what the company wants in concessions, and turns around and RUBBER STAMPS the companies request without question.

It is ALSO not right that management employees were not required to participate in the concessions along with other employees, Not to mention some management employees receiving BONUSES off the backs of others..

By all means, continue to enjoy your untouched salaries and Bonuses, knowing full well what others have sacrificed to keep this airline flying.

VOR, rjh,

what the company wants in concessions, and turns around and RUBBER STAMPS the companies request without question.

It is ALSO not right that management employees were not required to participate in the concessions along with other employees, Not to mention some management employees receiving BONUSES off the backs of others..

By all means, continue to enjoy your untouched salaries and Bonuses, knowing full well what others have sacrificed to keep this airline flying.
Just my opinion, but I think the point that is being missed is the fact that this was based on America West Airlines BEFORE the merger.....a totally separate airline at the time. Granted, there were a few months of overlap but still, the basis was America West and not the new US Airways.

VOR, rjh,

As an employee for the former HP and someone who has worked with payrolls, I have seen what all workgroups get paid through the union contracts. I find it fascinating that none of the represented groups get upset that many of the non-represented employees don't get overtime, doubletime, banked holidays, shift trade flexibility, and the list goes on...

Where is the outcry for those people? And so you know... they do not all make big management money. Many of those employees are clerks and other such administrative staff.

We deserved those bonuses, thank you very much!!!

It is on the web in the SEC Filings prior to the annual shareholder meetings for all to read.

Twicebaked - you will not see it if you are a bargining unit member. But hey as Parker has said repeatedly - " There is no money, there will be no pay increases "

why then have you and your friend andy marshall made repeated claims that parker is willing to open the contract? even your marybeth buchanann has made claims on your 1-800 number that there is money available...

have you yourself unwittingly exposed another blatant lie by IBT? :lol:

don't trust IAM...they always lie...lol

upset that many of the non-represented employees don't get overtime, doubletime, banked holidays, shift trade flexibility, and the list goes on...

Where is the outcry for those people?
Spoken like a true labor union organizer. LETS GET SOME CARDS SIGN!

Spoken like a true labor union organizer. LETS GET SOME CARDS SIGN!
I dont' get any of those things but have no desire to join a union. I would never anticpate them getting me much more salary, and certainly don't want another monthly bill to pay.

Latest posts