Pilot Bid

Thank you for admitting seniority at one's company is everything. It should be preserved. Mine wasn't preserved with Nicolau because I lost 5% with the decision. The senior pilots at AWA lost a lot more. Such is life. So, my friend, what is good for is good for me. . You deserve to be where you are because of your own decisions in life. Please do not blame me or expect me to pick up the pieces to your failed airline career. I say this with sorrow, too. The road you PSA and Piedmont pilots have had to endure is certainly a Shakespear tragedy in the story of professional flying. But it still does not avail you to my captain seat or the seniority I brought to the merger. Best of luck in your sobering reconciliation with reality.

"Thank you for admitting seniority at one's company is everything. It should be preserved" Well..newsflash time = this isn't "your company" anymore..it's a new entity.
autofixer: "it is obvious the West wants and is demanding our seats." Hmm..and the east shouldn't "go to war" over such contemptable BS?

"Mine wasn't preserved with Nicolau because I lost 5% with the decision." And...how many would you gladly, and immediately step over that lost far, far more?

"You and your junior FO's have no right to my seniority' Unless you're amongst the very most senior at USAirways...I've no interest in your "seniority", nor did I personally lose anything with Nic.

"You deserve to be where you are because of your own decisions in life." You've the unmitigated arrogance of a youth who's life has thus far's run on straight rails...certainly without significant misshap, much less any enemy shooting at you;) An example best suited to your innocent level of experience = Remember that if you're ever in a car crash...you could have done something other than driving to the store/wherever...and never, ever forget to assign yourself blame for ANYTHING that ill effects you/yours in life...after all? = The choices were yours...and you clearly yet imagine that YOU run the/your universe. :lol: I'll never forget a short stint at Eastern. I recall being horrified at the fact that the Captain didn't get a 727 for NINETEEN years!!!. Being also a hapless, and arrogant young punk like yourself at that time...I "knew" that such was idiocy that'd NEVER happen to me...wasn't I "special"? :lol: I..the mighty "ME" would never make such "clearly" poor "choices" :lol: and I left almost immediately....Who knew what life would/could offer? :lol: A small clue here= You certainly don't ;)

" Best of luck in your sobering reconciliation with reality."
Bring it on postchilli :up:..and? Do let us ALL know the first moment that any AWA gets an east seat ;) Sheesh..talk about reality impaired ;)...Three months and counting..and all you've got is "mouth" ;)

Gosh..how rude of me. I forgot = "Peace" ;)

Yeah if he flys with me, I hope he can remember how to do a walk-around and he can fly and get his own gear and talk on the radio at the same time. Oh and in the sim it will be such sweet revenge. Professionalism is out the window! Life will be hell I promise!

Yeah if he flys with me, I hope he can remember how to do a walk-around and he can fly and get his own gear and talk on the radio at the same time. Oh and in the sim it will be such sweet revenge. Professionalism is out the window! Life will be hell I promise!

No need to be a "punk" sir..recall that these idiots, immediately after Nicolau, directly stated that they've got some "tough guys" (recall the brain dead prick ranting about pay scales/seniortiy in the news..turns out that he/it was an AWA "Check Airman" lol)...... that, by way of follow up "threat" from an AWA little weenie on these boards, said awesome warrior will "welcome you to his simulator"..as if some punk with far less knowledge/hours/experience holding a sim was a "threat", or that ANY simulator was a "threat"........poor, precious little children ;)......and yet? they like to hold, single engine, for 45 minutes,....just to get down below "normal" landing weight...perhaps in tribute to their masters that "taught them so well";) We're working off of different pages here. Anyone can screw up, note that "we" just had a runway incursion at PHL recently...but, I'll admit...the AWA crowd has been blessed with little consequences for their utter ignorance................thus far.

Take a chill pill comrade..this will all work it's way out over time :lol:

PS: I'm eagerly awaiting the stupid bastard at AWA that ran his mouth off...and is supposedly a big threat via "He'll welcome you to his simulator". I'm not currently paid to instruct..but that pathetic punk? = I'd like to meet. ;) Open invitation for any AWA Great Studs"/"Fierce Warriors", same as usual = 5 grand minimum bet/simulator, with disenfranchised/objective "grading", or Fighter Fantasy. You guys are simply becoming utterly BORING...take a shot...puh-leaaaze ;) Hey You..big time "Check Airman" at AWA...that who's little./pathetic AWA following holds in awe.....that most certainly, includes YOU ;)

PM if have a pair. Details easilly set up.

Whatta' pathetic buncha' wimps.

Next thing that I'll sadly , but most likely hear is some continued sheep bleating like "Callsign Cactus" offering death level actual insults only..but no evident "pair" present..and I'd had hopes for him = an apparent FA18 guy...but yet, very sadly...merely now an "AWA"" eunuch it seems;) I'm fully bored with you bozos...ANYONE up for a "test"? PUh-Leeeaze..call upon your mighteiest AWA "Check Airmen"..whatever..you guys simply BORE ME, and any actual "fight" of any kind would be far preferable to reading your continuous, "Nic's Righteous/My Mommy loves me best" utter BS.

You want/claim "Righteous Position"...aren't ANY of you punks up to upholding such sorry notions by way of actually FLYING an Honorable challenge? What's five or better grand to you? You've trumpeted "righteously" about getting more pay, that we're all idiots our east/etc. GREAT...I'm totally BORED with you guys...Let's do some FLYING ;) You want "respect" for your "Righteous Position"?..It ain't gonna' come from me via all your keyboard BS ;)

This isn't rocket science...and nobody actually gets killed, so there's no issue of "real world" stakes here..merely five grand or better...WTF's your collective "problem" at AWA?..Need some note from your Mommies? ;) Any/All of the AWA posters feel fully fine with venting, offering insults, and generally being rather socially indifferent "punks"....how about showing the world what you're made of? ;)

Like I said= I'm bored with you clowns...and I'd like to see some fun from all of this mess ;)

No need to be a "punk" sir..recall that these idiots, immediately after Nicolau, directly stated that they've got some "tough guys" (recall the brain dead prick ranting about pay scales/seniortiy in the news..turns out that he/it was an AWA "Check Airman" lol)...... that, by way of follow up "threat" from an AWA little weenie on these boards, said awesome warrior will "welcome you to his simulator"..as if some punk with far less knowledge/hours/experience holding a sim was a "threat", or that ANY simulator was a "threat"........poor, precious little children ;)......and yet? they like to hold, single engine, for 45 minutes,....just to get down below "normal" landing weight...perhaps in tribute to their masters that "taught them so well";) We're working off of different pages here. Anyone can screw up, note that "we" just had a runway incursion at PHL recently...but, I'll admit...the AWA crowd has been blessed with little consequences for their utter ignorance................thus far.

Take a chill pill comrade..this will all work it's way out over time :lol:

PS: I'm eagerly awaiting the stupid bastard at AWA that ran his mouth off...and is supposedly a big threat via "He'll welcome you to his simulator". I'm not currently paid to instruct..but that pathetic punk? = I'd like to meet. ;) Open invitation for any AWA Great Studs"/"Fierce Warriors", same as usual = 5 grand minimum bet/simulator, with disenfranchised/objective "grading", or Fighter Fantasy. You guys are simply becoming utterly BORING...take a shot...puh-leaaaze ;) Hey You..big time "Check Airman" at AWA...that who's little./pathetic AWA following holds in awe.....that most certainly, includes YOU ;)

PM if have a pair. Details easilly set up.

Whatta' pathetic buncha' wimps.

Next thing that I'll sadly , but most likely hear is some continued sheep bleating like "Callsign Cactus" offering death level actual insults only..but no evident "pair" present..and I'd had hopes for him = an apparent FA18 guy...but yet, very sadly...merely now an "AWA"" eunuch it seems;) I'm fully bored with you bozos...ANYONE up for a "test"? PUh-Leeeaze..call upon your mighteiest AWA "Check Airmen"..whatever..you guys simply BORE ME, and any actual "fight" of any kind would be far preferable to reading your continuous, "Nic's Righteous/My Mommy loves me best" utter BS.

You want/claim "Righteous Position"...aren't ANY of you punks up to upholding such sorry notions by way of actually FLYING an Honorable challenge? What's five or better grand to you? You've trumpeted "righteously" about getting more pay, that we're all idiots our east/etc. GREAT...I'm totally BORED with you guys...Let's do some FLYING ;) You want "respect" for your "Righteous Position"?..It ain't gonna' come from me via all your keyboard BS ;)

This isn't rocket science...and nobody actually gets killed, so there's no issue of "real world" stakes here..merely five grand or better...WTF's your collective "problem" at AWA?..Need some note from your Mommies? ;) Any/All of the AWA posters feel fully fine with venting, offering insults, and generally being rather socially indifferent "punks"....how about showing the world what you're made of? ;)

Like I said= I'm bored with you clowns...and I'd like to see some fun from all of this mess ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, what you can take away from the above post is I have effectively penetrated the epidermal layer of eastus and am residing adjacent to the basement membrane. I can report not much mitotic activity due to cellular senescence, however.

Ladies and gentlemen, what you can take away from the above post is I have effectively penetrated the epidermal layer of eastus and am residing adjacent to the basement membrane. I can report not much mitotic activity due to cellular senescence, however.

I would try, if I were you finding another area of investigation. With pursed lips, investigate the posterior of the subject and report back to us.

Very one sided message board Richard, It was fun, despite the Barney Fife citizen arrest function you played so true to life.

That's just it, nobody wanted your seat. That is what fences are for. Like I said in another post, it is obvious the West wants and is demanding our seats. If I have to hear about life choices once more I may go postal. Through mergers etc., I never even applied at USAir (Allegheny back in the day), but I work there, as you now do. This industry is horrible and you have no idea what the future holds. What goes around, comes around.

Keep the story straight. The West MC never demanded East seats. Base protection and a wide-body fence were all things on the table, and I doubt one West pilot would have shouted foul if those things were written into a negotiated list.

However, the reason that those negotiations never went anywhere was because the East MC never backed off of date-of-hire. Mind you, that date-of-hire proposal would have meant pilots being recalled from furlough being senior to half of the AWA captains? Who is trying to steal who's seniority?

The Award is the result of the two parties failing to agree on ANYTHING, and it is not the result of one side trying to steal something from the other side.

So let's talk about the "East attrition" that you're trying to compartmentalize. The award does recognize that the majority of the attrition comes from the East, and that the West pilots will be in a position to benefit from some of it. The award also recognizes that more East attrition comes from the FO and furloughed ranks than does the captain rankis. The award further recognizes that the overwhelming majority of financial gains from a joint CBA will go to the East pilots.

Remember something - this award was not the sole idea of one 82-year-old man. Two other airline pilots participated in the crafting of this award, and signed their names to it.

Anyhow, I don't think us Westies have any emotional attachment to the award other than the fact that we spent $1.5 million on it and agreed that binding arbitration would be the way to settle the seniority integration issue. And so far, your MEC hasn't provided us any better alternatives than to stick with the plan that we all agreed to in the transition agreement 2 years ago.

BTW - I don't know how many of you actually READ the award, but here are two relevant quotes:

“Yet, it cannot be disputed that there were differences in the financial condition of both carriers and that US Airways was the weaker. This necessarily means that career expectations differed and that US Airways pilots had more to gain from the merger than their new colleagues.â€￾

“Though America West pilots can therefore expect some gain from factors US Airways brought to the merger, this by no means justifies the proposal on which US Airways insists. As previously stated, giving sole consideration to date of hire and length of service would put the senior America West pilot some 900 to 1100 numbers down the combined list. US Airways proposed restrictions, both as to aircraft and length, would unduly deprive too many senior America West pilots of upgrade opportunities for too long a time, and would also put a number of active America West pilots below long-furloughed US Airways pilots who, until the merger, had little prospect of an early return.â€￾

It is theoretically possible for a pilot to get fired for non-payment of ALPA dues. Actually, even that is not true. It is perfectly legal for a pilot to quit ALPA and remain employed by paying "contract administration" fees to ALPA. This amounts to about 70% of the regular dues. ALPA has no recourse to have a pilot fired if these fees are paid.

If the pilot refuses to even pay those administrative fees, it is theoretically possible that the pilot can be fired at ALPA's request. We have dozens of pilots who have not paid a dime to ALPA in years, yet are still collecting paychecks here. There is not one case to point to where a pilot has been fired over non-payment of ALPA dues. It's all theory, and possible, but not happening in the real world. There are so many tactics available to fend off the actual termination that most pilots could probably spend their entire career in the process of getting fired, but not ever actually GET fired for dues non-payment.

If ALPA ever managed to get one pilot fired, the "poster child" would be known by all. And there are NONE.

I'm not advocating stopping dues payments. The east needs everybody in good standing so that they can vote on contracts and LOAs, and so their reps can have "roll call power" (of course, it would be great to have more CLT pilots in bad standing to take some power out of the "weak sister" reps.)

At any rate, every pilot (dues payer or not, bad standing or not) gets to vote in the forthcoming representational elections by federal law.

You're not quite accurate in your information. You must pay either Dues as a member or an Agency Fee as a non-member. Failure to do either puts you in violation of the "No Free Riders" provision of the Railway Labor Act. ALPA doesn't have to do anything more than notify the company that someone is delinquent in either payment. The company is compelled under the RLA to fire them.

And in my 30+ years here they never have.

And by setting that precedent they never will.

pilot

And in my 30+ years here they never have.

And by setting that precedent they never will.

pilot

The vocal westies are pretty naive. and inexperienced. They can argue theory and "what should be" all day long but when it comes to reality they are like babies.

The vocal westies are pretty naive. and inexperienced. They can argue theory and "what should be" all day long but when it comes to reality they are like babies.
kind of like the westie management team that we (employees and customers) catastrophically inherited?!?!? babies? yeah, that sounds familiar, anyway...

You're not quite accurate in your information. You must pay either Dues as a member or an Agency Fee as a non-member. Failure to do either puts you in violation of the "No Free Riders" provision of the Railway Labor Act. ALPA doesn't have to do anything more than notify the company that someone is delinquent in either payment. The company is compelled under the RLA to fire them.

If you READ what I said, THAT IS what I said.

In practice, in the real world it has not happened on this property. It is not now happening on this property. And the process is very lengthy and does not amount to just "ALPA notifying the company" and then the company "is compelled...to fire them."

Ever hear of due process under law? Can take years...decades even.

Latest posts