Pilot Bid

So is my home state North Carolina; thus, how can I be forced to do anything with respect to ALPA?
Because pilots work under the RLA which is Federal, not state.

"Right to Work" means squat to a pilot so you can chuck that out the window.

Here is the general deal in contract law. You have to always enforce a provision, or it becomes moot in front of a judge. Precedence does matter. Let's look at it this way. 700 moves into a neighborhood that has a CCR provision not allowing people to build storage sheds. When he moves in, both his neighbors have them and no one has done anything. 700 then can build a similar shed and no one can do a thing about it legally.

First, why does a provision of the RLA have anything to do with contract law?

Secondly, most CCR's explicitly state that the failure to enforce a provision does not constitute the elimination of that provision. This is often done to cover themselves in the case of an omission by the property manager. When the violation is brought to the board's attention, all sheds would have to be torn down.

Suppose everyone in the association (ALPA) lived up to their agreements and the rule of law. This would never be an issue.

Because pilots work under the RLA which is Federal, not state.

"Right to Work" means squat to a pilot so you can chuck that out the window.

Humm...I just went through my Constitution and I don't see where there is any Federal authority over my ability to work. I understand the whole "commerce clause" fabrication by the Marshall Court, but the "Supreme Court" has been wrong before...remember Dred Scott? I'll just continue to practice civil disent and not pay my ALPA dues.

Humm...I just went through my Constitution and I don't see where there is any Federal authority over my ability to work. I understand the whole "commerce clause" fabrication by the Marshall Court, but the "Supreme Court" has been wrong before...remember Dred Scott? I'll just continue to practice civil disent and not pay my ALPA dues.
Once again, we work under the RLA. That's federal and they do have authority over your ability to work. Make a little effort and look it up.

Latest posts