Pilot Bid

If you READ what I said, THAT IS what I said.

In practice, in the real world it has not happened on this property. It is not now happening on this property. And the process is very lengthy and does not amount to just "ALPA notifying the company" and then the company "is compelled...to fire them."

Ever hear of due process under law? Can take years...decades even.
Due Process?

You are not being tried in a criminal case.

The procedure to terminate someone for non-payment of dues is spelled out in your CBA.

The process can take around 30 days or so.

Or 30 years Sparky.

This company has set a precedent by not firing a non paying ALPA pilot. Ever.

Ain't gonna happen regardless of what is stated in the pilot contract.

Due Process?

You are not being tried in a criminal case.

The procedure to terminate someone for non-payment of dues is spelled out in your CBA.

The process can take around 30 days or so.

Then explain the fact that there are dozens of pilots on the property who have been in arrears for months or years who have been notified by ALPA that they are seeking termination of their employment. But no one has ever gotten fired over this.

The company doesn't want to fire anybody, so they resist for years. And what's ALPA going to do? File a grievance? Get in line.

There was two mechanics in CLT fired several years ago for non-payment of dues.

There was two mechanics in CLT fired several years ago for non-payment of dues.

Different union, different set of circumstnaces. Read the previous posts again. There has never been a PILOT terminated for non payment of dues on this property in since I've been here.

Later Prater

The procedures in the CBA are the similar, ALPA just has to enforce it.

ALPA doesn't have the balls to enforce it. Nor does the company.

Of course, in rather short order, ALPA isn't going to be representing the pilots at USAirways any longer.

pilot

The company has enforced and is obligated by the RLA to enforce it when notified from the union.

It's like talking to a wall.

ALPA will not require the company to enforce it. Never has. Never will.

What part of that do you not understand?

It's like talking to a wall.

ALPA will not require the company to enforce it. Never has. Never will.

What part of that do you not understand?

So you're saying the union would be a willing party to violating the RLA? They would knowingly cover-up a blatant violation of Federal Law? And how about USAPA? Oops, the integrity thing. I answered my own question.

So you're saying the union would be a willing party to violating the RLA? They would knowingly cover-up a blatant violation of Federal Law? And how about USAPA? Oops, the integrity thing. I answered my own question.

Please wake up and hear/read what was said. NO PILOT HAS EVER BEEN TERMINATED FOR NON PAYMENT OF DUES. Not now, not then, not ever. The precedence has been set. I guess it's another policy that is a guideline.

Later Prater

Here is the general deal in contract law. You have to always enforce a provision, or it becomes moot in front of a judge. Precedence does matter. Let's look at it this way. 700 moves into a neighborhood that has a CCR provision not allowing people to build storage sheds. When he moves in, both his neighbors have them and no one has done anything. 700 then can build a similar shed and no one can do a thing about it legally.

No pilot has been terminated for not paying dues. This is true at west as well. However, when a pilot has been in arrears for an extended period of time ALPA will start rolling the ball. At the end of the day the company tells the pilot he/she needs to pay up or they have no choice but to terminate. So far every time it has come to this the pilot in question has always coughed up the dues.

No pilot has been terminated for not paying dues. This is true at west as well. However, when a pilot has been in arrears for an extended period of time ALPA will start rolling the ball. At the end of the day the company tells the pilot he/she needs to pay up or they have no choice but to terminate. So far every time it has come to this the pilot in question has always coughed up the dues.

Welcome to the new world.

If we should be around long enough to merge under USAPA then it's a whole new ball game. What will happen? I don't know. My guess is the past practices of the past and everything else would be up for discussion. And a vote!!

Later Prater

Oh yea, ALPA has tried in the past with their threatening letters. The pilots are still here.

Latest posts