Piney Bob on flyertalk

stewbear

Jan 28, 2003
Hey Piney...over on the Flyertalk board you mention looking for a scam for yourself and fellow cockroaches....just wondering, what''s that all about? Is that to lead us to believe you were never the pal you said you were?

----------------
On 7/1/2003 12:41:54 AM stewbear wrote:

Hey Piney...over on the Flyertalk board you mention looking for a scam for yourself and fellow cockroaches....just wondering, what''s that all about? Is that to lead us to believe you were never the pal you said you were?

----------------​
Beware of man who is all knowledgeable and when someone disagrees he must write an essay. Beware of man who gets follow employees fired by pretending to be a friend only to slaughter them then boasts about it.

The "scam" to which you refer here out of context relates to the use of undated receipts in the new In-Flight Cafe bags. Many employers require receipts for reimbursement of per diem meal expenses. If an employee forgets or loses a receipt, they are out of luck and money. So, many employees for these companies keep a reservoir of undated receipts.

Is this totally ethical? Probably not. But it is a response to employers that do not trust their employees or who make onerous demands on them. I own two businesses and my employees get to keep what they don''t spend when traveling. They can eat Cheesesteaks for dinner or go to Le Bec Fin. The only exception is when they entertain clients at meals. I pick-up the whole tab and the employee keeps the per diem as a "thanks" for their extra time and effort.

What about customers "scamming" US Airways? It happens. But your loyal passengers basically work within the rules made by the airline. Rather than asking about PineyBob and "scams", please direct folks to the threads that have evolved into discussions of physicians providing emergency medical care on flights (I have seen two episodes already this year). There are also cases where passengers have informed the company of internal safeguards that have failed, costing significant amounts of money.

On the whole, I think the original post was misleading, at best.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 8:00:44 AM PineyBob wrote:
If you want to see real scammery look at how our carrier write promotions with all of the fine print designed to obfuscate the true terms of the promotion. These guys are unbelievable. Their skills of trickery are far more advanced then mine will ever be.
----------------​

The "fine print" is a part of the game which airlines love to play and somehow keep telling themselves they are good at it.
It will work in the airline''s favor once (maybe twice - depending on how good the fine print is and how much of a sucker the customer is).
In the long run though, the customer wins and the airline looses.

----------------
On 7/1/2003 7:44:41 AM AtlanticBeach wrote:

The "scam" to which you refer here out of context relates to the use of undated receipts in the new In-Flight Cafe bags. Many employers require receipts for reimbursement of per diem meal expenses. If an employee forgets or loses a receipt, they are out of luck and money. So, many employees for these companies keep a reservoir of undated receipts.

Is this totally ethical? Probably not. But it is a response to employers that do not trust their employees or who make onerous demands on them. I own two businesses and my employees get to keep what they don''t spend when traveling. They can eat Cheesesteaks for dinner or go to Le Bec Fin. The only exception is when they entertain clients at meals. I pick-up the whole tab and the employee keeps the per diem as a "thanks" for their extra time and effort.

What about customers "scamming" US Airways? It happens. But your loyal passengers basically work within the rules made by the airline. Rather than asking about PineyBob and "scams", please direct folks to the threads that have evolved into discussions of physicians providing emergency medical care on flights (I have seen two episodes already this year). There are also cases where passengers have informed the company of internal safeguards that have failed, costing significant amounts of money.

On the whole, I think the original post was misleading, at best.

----------------​
I think you twisted the comment to make yourself feel less guilty. He said it, I just asked a question.