Predepartue drinks in First Class

Actually, more often than previously. The FAA used to just issue fines to the company and when they decided that action was having no effect whatsoever in getting f/as to follow the FARs, they started fining individual f/as. Now last I heard it was for the very most egregious violations--allowing passengers to put carryon bags on the floor on bulkhead rows, knitting/reading/etc. on the jumpseat and not doing the required walkthroughs during flight. Not being in uniform--no wings or any sort of id to identify you as a crewmember kind of thing.

The most often fined incident--f/as doing non-safety related activities after the safety demo when we are supposed to be strapped into our jumpseats. However, from what I heard, it is not doing beverage service,etc., it is standing in the galley and talking during taxi.

OK one paragraph you say , They are being fined for not doing the required walk throughs, The next paragraph you say They are being fined for not being in their jumpseat for taxi. So where should they be in the jumpseat strapped in when its turbulent or out bouncing around risking injury to themselves and others when the seatbelt sign comes on.

OK one paragraph you say , They are being fined for not doing the required walk throughs, The next paragraph you say They are being fined for not being in their jumpseat for taxi. So where should they be in the jumpseat strapped in when its turbulent or out bouncing around risking injury to themselves and others when the seatbelt sign comes on.

I think we have another new smarta** on the BB!

Here is the deal. Yeah I do my job, yeah I could care less if you do a second beverage service or not in the main cabin. But when I am working #4 and hanging coats, and then going up to offer to help with predepartures, when there clearly is plenty of time, I get the....."oh. I'll do predepartures.....when I get my pay and vacation back....or something similar that reflects their lack of effort.

Look I do them, I do them all the time.

You may not, that is fine too.

My argument is not with whether you do them or not.

It is with your excuses and explanations fo rnot doing them.

So don't do them if you don't want to. But don't tell me there isn't time. That is not true.

The bottom line is we all took massive pay and benefit cuts in order to subsidize the cheap ticket prices and the cost of fuel. After all why should the flying public pay more for a ticket when the employees can pay for it with pay and benefit cuts. After the cuts not many care weather or not you leave on time, you get a drink before you depart, or if your bag makes it to your destination. We are sorry for the inconvience but until we get back some of what we lost it will be business as usual at AA.
"They pay me just enough not to quit so I do just enough not to get fired"
Nothing personal but its just human nature unfortunately the flying public must suffer.
That is the truth not an excuse.
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='585309' date='Mar 24 2008, 08:05 PM']Maybe if AA gives us back our pay and everything else they took with HUGE INTEREST, you may get that pre-departure drink. :up:[/quote]

I don't really belive that a pre-departure drink, makes it a better flight when the passenger arrives for a week-end trip minus their baggage.

As far as I'm concerned the passengers should be serviced in the gate areas prior to boarding via mobile catering units offering complimentary ( F/C ) bagged lunches, prepared drinks, and daily newspapers, leaving the F/A's to reading their Cosmopolitan Magazines in their jump-seats for most of the flight.

I don't really belive that a pre-departure drink, makes it a better flight when the passenger arrives for a week-end trip minus their baggage.

As far as I'm concerned the passengers should be serviced in the gate areas prior to boarding via mobile catering units offering complimentary ( F/C ) bagged lunches, prepared drinks, and daily newspapers, leaving the F/A's to reading their Cosmopolitan Magazines in their jump-seats for most of the flight.

Well you would certainly be able to tell whether the f/as were hired of acquired........my friends would be reading AARP..lol

That is a shortsighted and imbecilic attitude. You work in a service industry. Ever heard of the proverb about poisoning the well from which you drink?

Making customers suffer, drives them to the competition. Without high yield pax, there is diminished revenue. With diminished revenue, pay, benefits and jobs are cut

Veritas

I would never think of bothering you for a pre-departure drink. I don't even touch the stuff, I assure you.

I would also have you know that I almost always make my own reservations online. The only reason I made the reservations telephonically with B6 was because of the complicated nature of the particular itineraries. You see, there were other family members, other flights, and other origins and destinations involved beside the one with which I had the problem.

We look forward to our next flying experience next month on AA. I am cashing in miles for the trip. (My wife has earned sufficient miles with NW for a free ticket, and I am also very close to the required level with US, so we do fly from time to time). But we are AA fans, and they have always taken wonderful care of us even when the wheels came off, unlike B6. I feel for the good folks at AA during these times and I support AA completely.

Cheers.

Veritas

I would never think of bothering you for a pre-departure drink. I don't even touch the stuff, I assure you.

I would also have you know that I almost always make my own reservations online. The only reason I made the reservations telephonically with B6 was because of the complicated nature of the particular itineraries. You see, there were other family members, other flights, and other origins and destinations involved beside the one with which I had the problem.

We look forward to our next flying experience next month on AA. I am cashing in miles for the trip. (My wife has earned sufficient miles with NW for a free ticket, and I am also very close to the required level with US, so we do fly from time to time). But we are AA fans, and they have always taken wonderful care of us even when the wheels came off, unlike B6. I feel for the good folks at AA during these times and I support AA completely.

Cheers.

Thank you so much for your support, dave. Your business, and support, is truly appreciated by so many of us.