Meal Service or lack of on new PHL-LHR service

LGA777

Senior
Jan 21, 2003
Saw a negative post about this on another board and could not believe this until I looked in shares and sure enough this is what US is advertising. On the new service PHL-LHR (probably US's most premium European market ever) there is no meal service at all showing, no Dinner or Breakfast in coach or even Envoy. I realize its a 2245 departure but are they serious ? Westbound it shows Lunch in Envoy and Buy on Board in Coach. I'm sure one way or another this is a mistake. Either Tempe mistakenly believes this is an acceptable level of service for the long sought after Heathrow market or what is more likely is the service will be the same as other European markets but it was loaded into shares and other CRS's incorrectly in error. Assuming the latter is what happened just another example of trying to steer away buisness from US due to another mistake. Any travel agent, or corporate travel department, that has access to a CRS system will see this and just shake their head. When are things going to start getting done right the first time, and not have to be corrected ? I would think entering the correct meal codes into the system would not be so difficult to get right, I guess I was wrong.

LGA777

Saw a negative post about this on another board and could not believe this until I looked in shares and sure enough this is what US is advertising. On the new service PHL-LHR (probably US's most premium European market ever) there is no meal service at all showing, no Dinner or Breakfast in coach or even Envoy. I realize its a 2245 departure but are they serious ? Westbound it shows Lunch in Envoy and Buy on Board in Coach. I'm sure one way or another this is a mistake. Either Tempe mistakenly believes this is an acceptable level of service for the long sought after Heathrow market or what is more likely is the service will be the same as other European markets but it was loaded into shares and other CRS's incorrectly in error. Assuming the latter is what happened just another example of trying to steer away buisness from US due to another mistake. Any travel agent, or corporate travel department, that has access to a CRS system will see this and just shake their head. When are things going to start getting done right the first time, and not have to be corrected ? I would think entering the correct meal codes into the system would not be so difficult to get right, I guess I was wrong.

LGA777

Lets See...The Flight Leaves At 10:45PM, By the time your in the air ,get everything set up cooked and begin service your looking at around Midnight..People are usally asleep by then any way! Plus Last week i worked to MUC ( an 8:40 PM Departure) and out of 22 pax's in Envy at least 7 or 8 did not want to eat! It's too late to serve dinner anyway! Plus if you ask business travlers, they just want the bigger seats to sleep anyway! Whats the Big Deal ? :rolleyes:

1045pm is kind of late for a full dinner service, but there should be a nice snack service of some kind. Even though its that late, you need to offer something more than a bigger seat for the money they are asking (and not the snack basket either). And BOB in coach is just pathetic on that flight.
If they're going to keep cutting the service, just do it, go Ryanair or Easyjet, quit pretending and move on. Its really embarrassing (for you Tempe). The rest of us are embarrassed, but at least when people comment to us about it, we can say, sorry we didnt design the service levels, that comes direct from Tempe. :down:

LGA777
You must not work here, for us it's no surprise at all, call TEMPE I'm sure they might throw a few granola bars on :lol:

That is a rather late departure. In Envoy, I'd rather get on, go to sleep and then be offered a full breakfast an hour or so before landing. You have to serve something in Envoy given the cost of the ticket.

As an fyi, NW serves a full dinner on its 9-10 p.m. departures from DTW.

They just do not get it. Why would I pay big bucks for a crappy seat in Envoy when I can fly BA at a decent hour, get fed and have a nice experience?

...I'm sure one way or another this is a mistake. Either Tempe mistakenly believes this is an acceptable level of service for the long sought after Heathrow market or what is more likely is the service will be the same as other European markets but it was loaded into shares and other CRS's incorrectly in error.
LGA777

I have to believe this is a mistake. It's totally inconsistant with our other European Markets. Although, rest assured, the "non-eaters" will complain that the lights will be on at least the first two and half hours since the lights remain on all the way from after take off until after Duty Free.

On the new service PHL-LHR (probably US's most premium European market ever) there is no meal service at all showing, no Dinner or Breakfast in coach or even Envoy. I realize its a 2245 departure but are they serious ?LGA777

Not really shocking at all. Our 23:45 to LHR doesn't do a meal service either. I never realized either until I was at the gate and someone asked because the backdrop showed beverages only in all 3 cabins. BTW Merry Christmas to you and the rest of the gang. I have a late start tomorrow, but if things are calm I'll give you guys a call tomorrow night.

Has to be a mistake... they may be the most profoundly stupid, ignorant, inexperienced, out-of-their league, classless, clueless, cheap, white trash, moronic management in the entire industry, but I can't imagine they think not serving a meal or selling meals on what will pretty much be their highest profile international route is acceptable.

:down: :down: Would it surprise anyone that Tempe would do this? COMPLETELY CLUELESS - and who in their right mind would pick US over BA.

Why doesnt someone e-mail about US and see if they get a response.

Or have etops1 e-mail Kirby.

This can't be right. At AA, we have some late night European departures, as well as even later departures to Latin America out of MIA which are only a bit longer than PHL-LHR, and we serve a full meal in all cabins after departure, as well as a breakfast.

Somebody must have made a mistake.