Meal Service or lack of on new PHL-LHR service

1 pound of food per person!
This just in from Central Load Planning; meals that weigh a pound will require a fuel stop with all the extra coach seats that Tempe will install.

Instead, there will be Quarter Pounders.

o29euyw6.jpg

In todays (1-17) About US Q & A someone asked about the PHL-LHR meal service and the response was it would have normal trans-atlantic meal service and the info was loaded into Shares and the website incorrectly, and it would be corrected. I decided just for fun to check Shares tonite and low and behold, PHL-LHR shows D in all cabins and LHR-PHL shows L in all. Glad they fixed it and even more glad they are doing a service. I wonder when they will start getting this stuff right the first time?

Cheers

LGA777

From PHL, as a tourist, I'd much prefer a late departure with no dinner service and a great english breakfast in the morning. If I'm flying Envoy, let me have great heavy hors d'oerves and wine in the envoy lounge and let me sleep it off in my seat.

In todays (1-17) About US Q & A someone asked about the PHL-LHR meal service and the response was it would have normal trans-atlantic meal service and the info was loaded into Shares and the website incorrectly, and it would be corrected. I decided just for fun to check Shares tonite and low and behold, PHL-LHR shows D in all cabins and LHR-PHL shows L in all. Glad they fixed it and even more glad they are doing a service. I wonder when they will start getting this stuff right the first time?

Cheers

LGA777

I Guess No One Believed Me When I Posted The News On DEC 28th...HA!! :up:

Guess they will need the meals for when they have to make pre-arranged fuel stops in Shannon or Gatwick due to the shortage of fuel availability in LHR.

Seems the company forgot to communicate with all departments when setting up to expand to LHR...maybe marketing can advertise that we are the only airline who can take you to two cities for the price of one!?

I Guess No One Believed Me When I Posted The News On DEC 28th...HA!! :up:
Why should anyone have believed you? Think about all of the really stupid things our company has done (like loading the incorrect meal types into SHARES and taking over a month to correct it even after it was brought to their attention and had caused us to be (more of) a laughingstock on countless other message boards dedicated to to commercial aviation). Besides, I worked a flight to FRA last summer and had some of the Sandcastle people on board who told us that they were INDEED looking at doing BOB on TA flights.

That's what I call bull***t from Tempe...I'd even fly Gatwick in Envoy to just get a meal.

That is pretty sad!!!!

You would fly to a different airport just to get a stupid meal....

And by the way.... there is a meal on LHR!!! It was coded wrong in Shares.

You people are dumber than I thought if you would actually think out of ALLLLLL the International trips that we do that this one wouldn't have a meal.