RECALL of Council 70 President! Merged Topics

:up: The time is getting very Close to say GOOD BYE to Laura. All the hard work is starting to pay off!

BTW Laura was a no show to a F/A dependability meeting...I am sure she was flying her ETB trip. The F/A called and left 3 messages for Laura and not one was returned.
Inflight wasn't seen or heard from her in over a week. I guess she has already resigned but didn't tell anyone...

My hats off to PHL if they can accomplish this task. It is difficult, if not impossible, to "recall" an officer from a huge base like PHL. There are a few union reps, past and present that I believe were/are worthy of recall, and Laura is definitely on that list! IMO, an individual who runs for a union elected position and applies for a managment position at the same time is someone you don't want representing your interest. PHL must have forgotten when they threw away their opportunity to vote last year by not voting at all.

I knew too, that when Pittsburgh f/as started to get displaced and/or transfer into PHL they would DEMAND a president that would work hard and long for them, be extremely vocal and communicate his/her position on every issue, protect them, and go to bat without judgement. An election win of 286 votes out of a possible 2,100.. she surely didn't deserve that seat. She was betting that the members who were disinterested in the election would be just as disinterested in what goes on in the local office and by who and how they are represented.

She lost that bet.

If anyone took note, none of the posters, past or current came in to offer her any support. This forum shows only a sample of the ground swell of discontent in PHL.

Her days were numbered since June PIT transfer, and I think I told her that in person last year that Pittsburgh f/as will demand a communicator, truthful, hard working rep; no secretes and no hidden agendas. They won't settle for anything less, and they are coming into her base by the hundreds; since the pull-down of International in PIT in Nov. 2004, and the downsizing of the PIT base 2005 and 2006. B)

It appears that PHL f/as have awaken from their deep sleep. They now stand attentive and rise to take their union back. The person who takes president of PHL has a huge responsiblity not only with local issues, but the influence and intelligence they bring to the entire body of the MEC. Company knows how influencial a position of President from a huge base like PHL is. If the Company observes a knucklehead, or someone they know has a different agenda other than representation... they know they can do just about anything they want to the members.

Well Pitbull I couldn't agree with you more.
Pittsburgh had the best LECP who communicated/defended the f/a's not only in her base but she helped those from other bases (like Philly) when they called.
Those were really big shoes that TX left behind and in keeping with her ethics and veracity whoever comes in to get Philly back in shape should be of the same moral fortitude.
;)

I don't know how you all feel in PHL, but I have someone that comes to my mind immediately. A person who assisted the exPIT pres. for years, specifically reserve issues on the local level and MEC level.

This person stands out in my mind, and I will wait to see if the person has any interest when, and if the time presents itself.

Til such time...I'll just wait and see... :up:

Hey I know and Love Celine De Luca she is truly an asset to the membership. I am glad to work wirh whomever wins the scramble for the Reign of LEC of Philadelphia. I want to remind all of you I will be in the mix and for better or worse my heart and passion can only be compared to TX as Molly would state to me even when we were at opposite sides of the fence. So please do not count your chichens and raid the barn yard .Its not becoming......

Hey I know and Love Celine De Luca she is truly an asset to the membership. I am glad to work wirh whomever wins the scramble for the Reign of LEC of Philadelphia. I want to remind all of you I will be in the mix and for better or worse my heart and passion can only be compared to TX as Molly would state to me even when we were at opposite sides of the fence. So please do not count your chichens and raid the barn yard .Its not becoming......

Baja,

Don't focus on the "what ifs"...focus on the here and now...and stay the course. B)

:up: :up: :up: Whatever you feel I need to know I am on the side of the people and could not have done it without all the direction they gave me.

Hey gang just got word AFA International has accepted the charges against LA .Time is 1703 in the East Coast. I will not celebrate the work ahead of me is massive. POWER to the People.......... :up: :up: :up:
GREAT NEWS!!! please try to take time out for YOU...like McDonald's YOU dereseve a break today...try to get some down time for yourself...you have earned it...your hard work and passion (sp)are a gift to all of us thanks for all you do...hummm a bud light ad just came to mind... :lol:

Ok cool. All of this is great news! Congrats to you for all your work, Baja. Enjoy your vacation!

Pitbull,

By your previous post, you would think that this "uprising" within PHL has happened solely because of the PIT F/A's that have come to PHL. I have to disagree. I know people involved that have no ties to PIT, and I flew an INTL trip last week with *7* senior PIT F/A's, and not one of them had any clue as to what was happening. :lol:

It just made me laugh that you make it sound like they rode in here on their wild stallions, guns shootin' in the air, and saved the day. Many of us in PHL voted, remain very involved, and are concerned about the outcome of this recall. Just my .02, which ain't worth much! :p

Thank you.

aredee,

Then, it begs the question..how did LA win last July 2005???? If PHL is so involved, how could someone with that caliber win an election from a huge base? Do you have a guess?

I do. Apathy.

Whether you want to believe this or not...this past May, I was getting e-mails from PIT f/as who transferred to PHL asking me what is the flight pay loss for an officer of a base like PHL...and what do I think of officers who are allegedly claiming to be in the office, but rather flying ETB and getting paid on top of the union fpl. They were already watching ETB, and doing their own investigating of what is going on in their new Local office...specifically, when they had a ton of questions on being in a new base.

I infact, wrote to the MEC and Laura...she responded back to me and I thought she was going to hire a "hit man". She was so angered by the fact that any f/a; let alone me, would challenge her flying. She said emphatically, it was none of anyone's business. And that I was a nobody, and no one even mentions my name..."poof your gone", her e-mail words.

Well, many f/as were copied in that e-mail exchange. Within a few months, their was a ground swell of concerned f/as in PHL investigating the local office.

Call it what you want...but PIT has NO apathy, and demands intelligent representation. If they even think someone union rep is acting unethically, even rumored...they demand answers. If they don't get answers...you're history. Period.

Where were you in July 2001? In PIT, there was a wipe out of the ENTIRE local PIT office..yes... 5 reps. No incumbents won after (what seems like centuries of reelection). Then in 2 months after that huge election (PIT base of 3,000 at the time) there was a wipeout of the MEC officers.

Yes. I believe PIT transfers have a big influence on what is going down in PHL. TG is guiding that response, and that is what it takes. TG has also presented to AFA a few unethical behaviors and alleged fraud of a union president.

Whether it sticks has nothing to do with whether LA gets recalled or not. In the Constitution, you need no reason to "recall" an officer.

Ok cool. All of this is great news! Congrats to you for all your work, Baja. Enjoy your vacation!

Pitbull,

By your previous post, you would think that this "uprising" within PHL has happened solely because of the PIT F/A's that have come to PHL. I have to disagree. I know people involved that have no ties to PIT, and I flew an INTL trip last week with *7* senior PIT F/A's, and not one of them had any clue as to what was happening. :lol:

It just made me laugh that you make it sound like they rode in here on their wild stallions, guns shootin' in the air, and saved the day. Many of us in PHL voted, remain very involved, and are concerned about the outcome of this recall. Just my .02, which ain't worth much! :p

Thank you.
well said... most don't have a clue...duhhh can I get a ride on LUV...whatta ya mean the crew room is not a crash pad...some chick was on my couch...say hi to Mr. rat...or roach...they just want a snack...have you logged on to crewroom.com...love the girls in the shower link...just bustin stones...BTW it is NASTY to stay there ...and really not safe...but rats gotta eat...and ramper love to watch...

aredee,

Then, it begs the question..how did LA win last July 2005???? If PHL is so involved, how could someone with that caliber win an election from a huge base? Do you have a guess?

I do. Apathy.

Whether you want to believe this or not...this past May, I was getting e-mails from PIT f/as who transferred to PHL asking me wha,t is the flight pay loss for an officer of a base like PHL...and what do I think of officers who are allegedly claiming to be in the office, but rather flying ETB and getting paid on top of the union fpl.

I infact, wrote to the MEC and Laura...she responded back to me and I thought she was going to hire a "hit man". She was so angered by the fact that any f/a; let alone, would challenge her flying. She said emphatically, it was none of anyone's business. And that I was a nobody, and no one even mentions my name..."poof your gone", her e-mail words.

Well, many f/as were copied in that e-mail exchange. Within a few months, the was a ground swell of concerned f/as in PHL investigating the local office.

Call it what you want...but PIT has NO apathy, and demands intelligent representation. If they even think someone union rep is acting unethically, even rumored...they demand answers. If they don't get answers...you're history. Period.

Where were you in July 2001? In PIT, there was a wipe out of the ENIRE local PIT office..yes... 5 reps. No incumbents won after (what seems like centuries of reelection). Then in 2 months after that huge election (PIT base of 3,000 at the time) there was a wipeout of the MEC officers.

Yes. I believe PIT transfers have a big influence on what is going down in PHL. TG is guiding that response, and that is what it takes.
Pitbull,

I stand 100% corrected. Thank goodness they downsized PIT, to get us slugs here in PHL back on the right track! I think they should downsize PIT more, this revolution is only getting started! (kidding......)

I agree with you on your points, but I have to say there are alot of PHL "originals" that have the passion and the interest in seeing this recall move forward!

In addition to the "apathy" theory you present, I would also say that PHL, back then, had a lot of new (or newer) FA's than PIT did. Many of these FA's probably had no interest in being involved, and had no idea of the severity of their lack of interest, or lost vote. Will you agree to that? Hopefully, this has changed, not only because of the recall, but because of ongoing negotiations in general!

Just curious, in the great uprising in PIT in 2001, how many of those 3,000 FA's voted? I would assume greater than 90%? Guess I just flew with the 7 ex-PIT FA's that are out to lunch.... :unsure:

Thank you.

In addition to the "apathy" theory you present, I would also say that PHL, back then, had a lot of new (or newer) FA's than PIT did. Many of these FA's probably had no interest in being involved, and had no idea of the severity of their lack of interest, or lost vote. Will you agree to that? Hopefully, this has changed, not only because of the recall, but because of ongoing negotiations in general!

Just curious, in the great uprising in PIT in 2001, how many of those 3,000 FA's voted? I would assume greater than 90%? Guess I just flew with the 7 ex-PIT FA's that are out to lunch.... :unsure:

Thank you.

In 2001, PHL had about 1500 f/as. Luther was the Pres. and Laura was Vice. In 2002, When he ran again, he received 2 vote (his vote included). Laura didn't win Pres. and Mollie Mc. did. This was during concession #1, so, I don't know about your theory of PHL having junior f/as and having apathy back then, but we were in major negotiations.
In 2005 PHL elections, I don't know what the hell happened to PHL and why by majority decided not to vote.

In 2001, the PIT newly elected (5) who ran together on the same ticket, won by a landslide with the biggest vote turn out in PIT's history. From what I can remember it was close to 60%. I think (active eligible voters was approx. 2,700).

Five years later, there is about 380 f/as left in PIT. Where do you think many of them are?

There's your AFA USAirways election history lesson.

In 2001, PHL had about 1500 f/as. Luther was the Pres. and Laura was Vice. In 2002, When he ran again, he received 2 vote (his vote included). Laura didn't win Pres. and Mollie Mc. did. This was during concession #1, so, I don't know about your theory of PHL having junior f/as and having apathy back then, but we were in major negotiations.
In 2005 PHL elections, I don't know what the hell happened to PHL and why by majority decided not to vote.

In 2001, the PIT newly elected (5) who ran together on the same ticket, won by a landslide with the biggest vote turn out in PIT's history. From what I can remember it was close to 60%. I think (active eligible voters was approx. 2,700).

Five years later, there is about 380 f/as left in PIT. Where do you think many of them are?

There's your AFA USAirways recent history lesson.
Great! Let's hope we can have the same landslide in PHL now that PIT has "slid" in! :up:

Latest posts

Back