Reserve Rountable deemed success - more planned

Optimist

Aug 19, 2005
Reserve Roundtable Deemed Success-More Planned

On June 13, 2006, MEC Reserve Chairperson Marsha Calhoun, MEC Vice President Bill McGlashen, and members of the AFA Reserve Committee, hosted a Reserve Roundtable Lunch with Anthony Mule- US Airways Sr. Vice President of Customer Service, and Ron Cole-Vice President of Inflight. Other members of Inflight management and Crew Resources were also in attendance.

Reserve Lineholders were afforded the opportunity to discuss and share their concerns with Senior Management over a variety of issues. The Committee has received many positive comments regarding this meeting and would like to express their thanks to those members who attended. The Committee is working to schedule more Roundtables in the upcoming months.

The Reserve Committee is monitoring calls from members and reporting that they have seen positive changes as a direct result of the Roundtable.

“We are pleased to report that our efforts have begun to pay off! Little changes, while perhaps not very noticeable right now, are occurring. Over the last few days we have received calls from Reserves that they are FINALLY being assigned their preference, Yeah!! Scheduling is working very hard to group turns together so we won't be called out for less time than it takes us to get to the Airport. There is also an indication that every effort will be made to utilize the HOT Reserves only during their window of assignment,â€￾ said Chairperson Marsha Calhoun.

Reserve Roundtable Deemed Success-More Planned

On June 13, 2006, MEC Reserve Chairperson Marsha Calhoun, MEC Vice President Bill McGlashen, and members of the AFA Reserve Committee, hosted a Reserve Roundtable Lunch with Anthony Mule- US Airways Sr. Vice President of Customer Service, and Ron Cole-Vice President of Inflight. Other members of Inflight management and Crew Resources were also in attendance.

Reserve Lineholders were afforded the opportunity to discuss and share their concerns with Senior Management over a variety of issues. The Committee has received many positive comments regarding this meeting and would like to express their thanks to those members who attended. The Committee is working to schedule more Roundtables in the upcoming months.

The Reserve Committee is monitoring calls from members and reporting that they have seen positive changes as a direct result of the Roundtable.

“We are pleased to report that our efforts have begun to pay off! Little changes, while perhaps not very noticeable right now, are occurring. Over the last few days we have received calls from Reserves that they are FINALLY being assigned their preference, Yeah!! Scheduling is working very hard to group turns together so we won't be called out for less time than it takes us to get to the Airport. There is also an indication that every effort will be made to utilize the HOT Reserves only during their window of assignment,â€￾ said Chairperson Marsha Calhoun.

You must be talking about the west side of the operation. I haven't heard of anything like that happening on this side of the operation.

You must be talking about the west side of the operation. I haven't heard of anything like that happening on this side of the operation.

Yup, West. West's reserves have local issues that needed addressing.

Yup, West. West's reserves have local issues that needed addressing.
Our reserve issues are too many to list here. Hopefully your people will listen to your concerns. But, I tell ya, if you are a block/line holder over here, you have it pretty good. It pretty slanted toward the blockholders, even though some of our reserves have been here over 17 years. By the way, I rode jumpseat from PHX/OMA/PHX, great crews and really enjoyed trading war stories and concerns. Thanks and look forward to sharing some adult beverages with yall soon.

I have to admit, I've been here at US West just a couple of months (came over from an express carrier on the east) and I'm quite happy with the way the crews have been. Most find it funny when they see my C# and they think im just another new hire who needs guidance and I end up pushing out drinks faster then them on X service, I love the look on their face.

Though since the roundtable (which I didnt attend) I've gotten assigned NOTHING but my preference. I'm shocked. I didn't think that'd ever be honored.

When I jumpseated on you guys, the aft. F/A had about 19 years, while the fron 2 guys had 1 week adn 1 month time. They did a great job, lots of enthusiasm