Return of our customers?

T

tay

I love how Sherry Hendry said that we are reducing staffing levels so that we can remain competitive for the return of our customers. Every single flight I worked was full on my last full day trip. Every single Flight!!! Bookings on all the flights to Europe have 0 seats avialable. So, my question is haven''t the customers already returned? On another topic any thoughts on how they are going to work the A330 and 767 on International flights.

----------------
On 4/18/2003 3:21:37 PM tay wrote:

I love how Sherry Hendry said that we are reducing staffing levels so that we can remain competitive for the return of our customers. Every single flight I worked was full on my last full day trip. Every single Flight!!! Bookings on all the flights to Europe have 0 seats avialable. So, my question is haven''t the customers already returned? On another topic any thoughts on how they are going to work the A330 and 767 on International flights.

----------------​
Sherry will be getting quite a bonus for reducing staffing levels. TYPICAL airline mgmt thinking. As far as the service on Transatlantic....its quite simple...reduce level of service..OURSELVES!! Push- pull..no duty free..no time on 767 especially with 5 f/as on Dublin, Shannon, London...Beverage before landing..THATS IT.! When letters come in..and YES they will..let Sherry and people in PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT IN THE CRYSTAL PALACE take the hit for it..We can only work so hard for so little pay...14 % less now... We still, most importantly MUST be nice, kind and THE BEST f/as that we are...remember service is only as good as the co provides.Staffing levels dictate level of service.. JUST eliminate!! its that simple...Thanks to Sherry, and im sure Steve K. for creating more and more levels of USELESS middle mgmt. and not giving a DAMN about real customer service...So much for being no 1 last year.....

If you only have 5 f/a''s on the 767, then going to Dublin and Shannon, how are we even going to be able to serve? 1 in Envoy? Try plating and serving 23 people all by yourself, or put only 3 in the back. How can you do a push pull all by yourself? You''d be stuck between 2 carts, now that is safe, and can''t help anyone.I hope our management has seriously thought this out and cut back the service drastically to make it at least workable!!! Who do we pi** off, the Chairman''s Pref. up in Envoy, or the vacationers in coach? Some one is going to get terrible service, if not both.

US DAILY had the nerve to state that U was just mirroring the staffings of the majors. I would like to hear from AMR, UAL, CAL, NWA, and DAL on their widebody staffings, a/c type, and number of paxs. I would also like to know how many international flights to Europe and Asia the other carriers have. We currently have 13 flight a day to Europe. 13!! This isn''t even close to the other carriers. We are talking about 28 f/a''s extra a day to adequately staff international. Are we that bad off to not properly staff 13 flights? We aren''t talking hundreds...13! This action is silly at the least and shameful at best. I''m with the rest. Cut the service. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!