Save Tulsa Screw The Line Stations

My World said:
Elections are coming up. If they are not doing the job you think they should be doing, then vote the bastids out. :angry:
[post="245248"][/post]​

It would be great if all we needed to turn our unions around was to vote the incumbants out, but I do not see that as a viable option. Can we vote them out, of course, but that would serve no purpose until their union/company mentality was absolved and eliminated, three generations minimum the way it looks now.

I have no problems with our current officers. Prior to their acceptance of their respective jobs they were all 100% union. Now, be it that they act as they do to serve the membership, or to show the company they are willing to work together, they have changed the "feeling" of unionism. Now we, the union, get to assist management in running our company, how nice. Perhaps Arpey or Campbell would like to assist me in the aft accessory compartment on a H/E change, after all, we are a team, right?

To me, the company is responsible for the direction of the company, not the union. The union should be responsible for the contract being upheld and react to any contract violations, not to assist management in deciding where the work is to be assigned and how to "fully use" our existing contract. I believe Burchette (sp?) means well for TULE, but what about the rest of the AA TWU members? This company has done well in splitting our ranks, why is it that tough a job to decide where to work the a/c, why make the different local presidents fight to get work? Divide and conquer is why.

BTW, I do not consider them bastids, that was your verbage.

seed said:
It would be great if all we needed to turn our unions around was to vote the incumbants out, but I do not see that as a viable option. Can we vote them out, of course, but that would serve no purpose until their union/company mentality was absolved and eliminated, three generations minimum the way it looks now.

I have no problems with our current officers. Prior to their acceptance of their respective jobs they were all 100% union. Now, be it that they act as they do to serve the membership, or to show the company they are willing to work together, they have changed the "feeling" of unionism. Now we, the union, get to assist management in running our company, how nice. Perhaps Arpey or Campbell would like to assist me in the aft accessory compartment on a H/E change, after all, we are a team, right?

To me, the company is responsible for the direction of the company, not the union. The union should be responsible for the contract being upheld and react to any contract violations, not to assist management in deciding where the work is to be assigned and how to "fully use" our existing contract. I believe Burchette (sp?) means well for TULE, but what about the rest of the AA TWU members? This company has done well in splitting our ranks, why is it that tough a job to decide where to work the a/c, why make the different local presidents fight to get work? Divide and conquer is why.

BTW, I do not consider them bastids, that was your verbage.
[post="245269"][/post]​

Burchette (sp?) and his base are not in survival mode. They know they will be there as long as AA is alive. What Burchette (sp?) and his base should be doing is helping their brothers and sisters at MCI survive. This is the sorriest union I've ever seen. At least your local is looking out for you and trying to save as many jobs at MCI as they can. Quit slamming them and support them.

Our local is doing the best they can, I believe this. I am "slamming" the tactics they are using, TWU tactics of combining camps with the company.

It isn't Burchettes place to worry about MCIE, the TWU,and AA, have the locals competing for work, Burchette is doing his elected job, according to the TWU/AA joint effort.

They did sign the lease today, 25 years for the west end only. Only set the minimum employee number to 700, we currently have roughly 1320 members.

I do agree and may I quote you?

This is the sorriest union I've ever seen.

I found a very interesting document...

In the recent Burchette/Romano Love Fest Video. They are talking about the "Break Through Goal" of $500 Million from the Tulsa Base Within 18 Months.

The $500 Million Breakthrough Pajama Party Video

That $500 Million sounded familiar to me so I had to search through my wonderful TWU archives. And guess what I found?

In this Jim Little Letter dated August 26th, 2003:

Click Here to read the - JIM "WITHOUT FURTHER RATIFICATION" LITTLE LETTER

Little states the following...

500million.jpg

SO in August of 2003, if we had not gave away the farm, AA would have requested $500 Million more in concessions in Bankruptcy.

And according to Jim, the TWU is going to "take back" what we have given up...

500million_2.jpg

During the coming months, all of our union officers will be in the field providing accurate information about how we are planning to take back what we have lost.

And today, well, we have a three night TWU/AA pajama party, and a break through vision and goal, and Tulsa needs to come up with the $500 Million.

So one TWU Official is claiming in writing that we relieved ourselves of $500 Million if further concessions by doing things his way, and we are going to take back what we have lost.

The other TWU Official is having three night pajama parties with AA Management and making videos about creating break through goals to get the company the $500 Million they missed out on at the hands of Jim Little.

And to date, none of us has been given any accurate information on how they plan to take back what we have lost....

ANY QUESTIONS?

AMFAMAN said:
Oh no, not that $500 million...
[post="247546"][/post]​

Just to give you an idea how large a number 500 000 000.00 really is:

-I believe that both the numbers I am using as average are on the high side.-

IF you use $ 80000.00 as the average annual compensation, (including benefits) for a twu member in Tulsa, and multiply times 6000 mechanics you get: $ 480000000.00
That is correct people ……..480 million.
You can spin it all you want but there is no way to cut that amount of money from labor alone in Tulsa.
Even if they lay off all of them you still are 20 million short of the AA/TWU target of 500 million.

It is very difficult to imagine a scenario that will be capable of cutting 500 million from Tulsa.
The union and the company need to provide more details

500 million divided by $80,000=6,250 layoffs. Well that means they would have to layoff only another 250 people over the 6,000 that are going to get laidoff. Using the Carty theory of retroactivity E=mc(2) where E=EXTORTION,m=NUMBER OF MECHANICS LAIDOFF,c=CONCESSIONS IN MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

6,250 times 500 million squared= 1,551,250,000,000 LORENZO EXTORTION UNITS

This means no matter how much you vote yes to concessions. It won't be enough!

seed said:
Our local is doing the best they can, I believe this. I am "slamming" the tactics they are using, TWU tactics of combining camps with the company.

It isn't Burchettes place to worry about MCIE, the TWU,and AA, have the locals competing for work, Burchette is doing his elected job, according to the TWU/AA joint effort.

They did sign the lease today, 25 years for the west end only. Only set the minimum employee number to 700, we currently have roughly 1320 members.

I do agree and may I quote you?
[post="245304"][/post]​
<_< Look again seed! They didn't sign anything! And frankly, I'de be surprised if they did! ;)

twuer said:
If you only had a clue as to what you were talking about..........now that would be scary!!!!!
[post="248366"][/post]​

Well don't just type the type. That's easy.

By all means twuer, clue us in what is going on?

So twuer, how much lower is the EVIL TWU gonna lower the AMT standards bar this time? I can see a new ultra low wage job classification coming! Let's see. How about the name "Part-time Junior Shop Overhaul Repair Person".

............and yet , once again, you have proved my point. You don't want to take the time to find out the information for yourself, you want someone on a bulletin board to fill you in. My goodness Dave, how many steps would you have to walk to find out some credible information on your own??

You whiners don't give a rats butt as to what is really happeneing. All you would rather do is make up your own story and spread that crap all over to make what we are doing appear worthless. You have done it before and it is no idfferent this time.

Wait and see boys, wait and see.............

twuer said:
Wait and see boys, wait and see.............
[post="248804"][/post]​

I've been hearing that from the TWU for twenty years. So far it just keeps getting worse.

The only times it ever got better is when the TWU was competing with AMFA.

Its time to get rid of the TWU before Aircraft maintenance becomes another one of Bush's "Jobs that Americans wont do".

So TWUer where is the Communication, communication, communication Little was talking about?

Where is the plan to get it all back that Little promised two years ago?

Is it filed right behind the Force majeure grievance?