Seat Malfunctions in Envoy?

jerseyfinn

Senior
Mar 19, 2006
NJ USA
Visit site
This thread at Flyer Talk speaks about a recent MAD to PHL flight in which the new Envoy seats malfunction. I assume the individual is a CP. For the one pax, they could not recline their seat, while the other pax could not get their seat out of the lay flat position. Can any of the TA FCs elaborate as to if there are already issues with these new seats? Doesn't make for an especially happy flight when your new Envoy seat won't work.

This is not going to affect DP's bonus incentives discussed in another thread here is it? :unsure:

Barry

Just add those seats to the debacle list. They are horrible. Cheap, underpowered, hard as a rock. It's like a coffin but I think they have more cushion.

Just add those seats to the debacle list. They are horrible. Cheap, underpowered, hard as a rock. It's like a coffin but I think they have more cushion.

The list of fixes on these seats is hysterical. They are junk and should be returned not fixed, adapted, or rigged. When you spend money on a quality product and you receive junk, you return it. Simple as that.

Just add those seats to the debacle list. They are horrible.

And though the cabin only has 3 rows, there is less legroom and the cabin feels claustrophobic. I like window seats, but there is no way to get out of the seat without seriously inconveniencing the person in the next seat and / or tripping on the way.

I know some will say that passengers complain about everything, even improvements. I'm sorry to be complaining, but it is still the case that I preferred the old 767 seats (in the interest of full disclosure, however, I should note that I don't use the video, which I'm sure is vastly improved).

Regards,

David

They aren't broken in, just broken.

Oh--and the poster on FT who started the thread IS a CP, and happens to be a policy board member of FFOCUS (not that it matters).

This is a perfect example of the high cost of cheap, and another good reason why no one in their right mind would spend money on alleged premium service on US.

The seats weigh over 300#, have 13 electric motors, and a windows 95, based computer, to operate them. Is it any wonder there broken all the time? Another incredible waste of resources. Of course the way upper management who picked them will be glorified as usual, oh, and a 200% bonus will be awarded....I used to be disgusted, but now I'm just amused.....

Oh, how quickly memory fades.

You know I'm quick to bash the fine folks out West, but some of you may recall the early days of the A330 and the new Envoy and First Class seats and the new fancy-dancy IFE (Rockwell?? The brand name escapes me) system. It was a complete flop. The damn things didn't work, period. Or, since this thread exists, perhaps you DON'T recall, eh?

We had huge spreadsheets tracking what didn't work, when, by seat, ship, flight, city-pair, etc. and kept feeding this stuff to the boobs in CCY who, in turn, fed it to the boobs in maintenance, etc. FAs collected info. Consumer Affairs collected info. Everyone got together on giant cluster-F conference calls and pointed fingers around the table like kids putting their thumbs on their foreheads shouting "Toby!" so that the person who did so last would be the one who "ate" the newly-laid fart (Maybe that's a Florida thing? We did that when I was, like, 7 or 8) and was left holding the IFE bag.

It took forever to get the ghosts out of those machines. I suspect they don't work correctly to this day.

So, the fact that the new Envoy seats don't work correctly shouldn't come as a surprise.

As for coffin-like? Did anyone ever ride in row 1 of the A330? I felt like Uncle Fester in that thing.

NCFL

Wonder if DL is having any problems with their new business class seats?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta-Air-L...-232-LR/1334937
I just laughed my a$$ off....not at that picture, but at the last time I was in Envoy on the A330 handing out a free TATL upgrade cuz the IFE didn't work. Now I have something to compare it to.

Seriously, if THAT is what we are competing with....well.......the *Alliance is gonna send the grim reaper pretty soon and that's it for us...

I'm too lazy to do it, but I'm sure someone can post links to pictures of business cabins of other TATL carriers. (I hesitate to say "competitors" because some joker would probalby find a picture of FlyGlobeSpan's cabin or some such thing.. :rolleyes: ...hmm` a.net did have a pic of Cubana's biz cabin a while back \. :lol:

This thread at Flyer Talk speaks about a recent MAD to PHL flight in which the new Envoy seats malfunction. I assume the individual is a CP. For the one pax, they could not recline their seat, while the other pax could not get their seat out of the lay flat position. Can any of the TA FCs elaborate as to if there are already issues with these new seats? Doesn't make for an especially happy flight when your new Envoy seat won't work.

This is not going to affect DP's bonus incentives discussed in another thread here is it? :unsure:

Barry

Well then, the passenger that wants to recline should trade seats with the passenger who wants to sit up.

I mean really, what do the pax expect. They are being fed a tuna burrito and they have all the crappy wine they can drink...who wouldn't need to fully recline after that. :blink:

That was me who was complaining and yes I am a US1. The FA's were absolutely wonderful trying to make me as comfortable as they could. But they could only do so much. $17,000 per seat pair is a lot of money to pay for a seat that just does not work at all.

And on the sides of the seat you can see all the scratch marks from the roller-boards/carry-ons that people have brought on board. In no time these seats are going to look horrible with all the scratches.

I am sure if and when US writes me back they will probably throw a voucher my way and say we are providing a transportation service from point A to point B.

I do like the new IFE for the seats however, the seats themselves need to go back to the manufacture.

T

Well US is not the only carrier putting similar seats on the 767.
LAN is also using the same seat.

I wonder if they are having the same issues?

Latest posts