Seat Malfunctions in Envoy?

Management knows FULL well how bad these seats are. They also know that they are bigger and cramp both the aisles and the customer sitting in the seat. When all of these problems started to come up you'd think they would halt the installation and revisit the seat. NOPE. They don't give a $H!T how bad they are. Your suckered into upgrading or buying that seat and they don't CARE about your repeat business. It's a pain in the @$$ as a flight attendant to work in that cabin and maintenance has told them about the lighting. Do they care? NOPE. They will let us work hundreds of flights in that environment before they attempt to fix it. It IS what it IS around here. Pathetic work from the Yahoo Crackers out west. :rolleyes:

American is putting similar seats in their fleet. The 767-300's are all done and the 777's are under way. Opinions on the AA boards about them have varied, although I haven't read a lot of complaints about malfunctions. Mostly comments about the comfort/discomfort factor. I don't know if they are the same width or less, but they are in a 2x2x2 config in the 767. I wonder if they're getting ding'd up by wheelies running down the aisle.

I think these seats had potential if a.) they worked and b.) they were in a 2x1x2 config (4 rows instead of 3). Given those two key benefits, they would be among the best US domestic biz seats (UA being the only US airline with fully lie flat seats in econ of their 767-300 fleet)

It is to my understanding that our "new" Envoy seats are the exact same ones that American ordered. American sent them back and is installing different ones. That seems to be what many are saying.

It is to my understanding that our "new" Envoy seats are the exact same ones that American ordered. American sent them back and is installing different ones. That seems to be what many are saying.

US probably picked up AA's rejects on the cheap :lol:

Did someone say cheap? Doug and gang would show up with visors on in the hot sun like at a yard sale. There is NO WAY that US didn't get those seats at a discounted rate. Either that or they are one of the cheapest seats an airline can purchase. It's just embarrassing all around.

I believe that is correct. When AA upgrades cabin equipment, they usually do one or two a/c at the most, then fly them around awhile to check for defects, bugs in the software, etc. I heard (but can't swear for sure) that the first upgraded Business and Business/First seats were rejected because the f/as were spending all their time trying to get the things to work.

Let's go back in time here............................to the "Business Select" days under Seth Schofield. The seats were convertable from three seats to two. Talk about junk! They gave the Stews such fits that I really think they were the ones that actually tore them up! And I don't blame them a bit. The only readon they were replaced was that they became almost completely unserviceable.

Management NEVER seems to learn. Sometimes less is more. These seats sound like a real monstrosity! But, they will likely remain. Perhaps all the heat in Tempe has effected the thought process? It appears that these seats not only have bugs, but rodents too!!

Hi Everyone,

Word from our aircraft appearance folks is that our new 767 Envoy seats are from a different manufacturer/supplier than AA's. We'll address this in FAQs this week as well on theHub and our new intranet site Wings.

Thanks,
Morgan

I don't understand why we continue to "reGOfigure" ALL 767's before getting the bugs worked out and fixed as stated that AA and quite possibly other carriers do. Also why does the company insist on cramping everyone instead of spreading it and reclaiming the first row of coach. I understand cost, cost, cost and revenue but these people can't get out of their seats without some seriously crafty skill. It's to the point of ridiculous. :rolleyes:
Oh and if they know the "troubles" of the current "reGOfigured" 767's why not fix the bugs before sending the next 767 in? It makes NO sense.

Hi Everyone,

Word from our aircraft appearance folks is that our new 767 Envoy seats are from a different manufacturer/supplier than AA's. We'll address this in FAQs this week as well on theHub and our new intranet site Wings.

Thanks,
Morgan
Don't know about AA but I know they are the same as LAN. There was even a full mockup when I was in Buenos Aires once and I can recognize the seat back anywhere. The screens are huge because LAN has better IFE but they are the same model. The also use them on their 767 300s so they might be having the same issues.

All this is ONE more reason why any pax would "just say no to US Airways"....

There are 2 reasons to chose US...1.) There is no other way to get from point A to point B and 2.) because it's insanely cheap.....the company is cheap, I'll only fly when it's cheap.

I find it a little humorous, all this hubbabaloo about this "new Envoy." Did anyone REALLY expect anything different?

CP to Silver this year....wow, what a ride it was, 1990 to now...and then gone! Sad.

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH US AIRWAYS REPLY. Any suggestions??

Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting US Airways and I am sorry that your enjoyment
of our Envoy service was marred by the difficulties with your seats.
While our equipment undergoes stringent checks to be sure that it is
functioning, it is clear that there was a lapse in service.

I have reported this matter to our Customer Relations area for reporting
purposes and to insure that this has been corrected for future flights.
In addition, I have added one of your First Class/Envoy Class Chairman's
Preferred upgrades back into your bank for yourself and a companion to
be used before the end of the benefit year. We hope that your next
experience with Envoy Class will be pleasant in every regard.

Again, our apologies and we appreciate your continued patronage of US
Airways.

Dividend Miles

Latest posts