Should The Unions Open Up The Contracts ?

Shoud the unions open up the contracts ?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jaded said:
PITGuy:

Don't forget after voting "NO" to do the following:

1. Get in line at the unemployment office
2. Sell all of your assets to keep out of bankruptcy
3. Hope you have the skills that some other company can use
4. Pay for your next flight to visit family, friends, and to go on vacation
5. Pay for your own health benefits
6. Wait 6 months to 2 years to receive your pension (if you have one) while it is tied up in BK court
7. Change your phone number so that your fellow co-workers who don't want to be on the street won't hound you about your poor judgement

Should I continue, or do you get it yet?
:blink: PitGuy are you kidding me??? All those things are going to happen regardless!! Part-time hours are already being cut in many cities. He has been handed the resources over and over and over again. When is he going to start running an airline!!!!!! VOTE NO!!!!! [/quote]
Jaded,

Spin Doc said that not me. Look further up in the thread. Trust me I do not feel that way.

-By the way. Welcome to the boards Jaded.

pitguy said:
Jaded,

Spin Doc said that not me. Look further up in the thread. Trust me I do not feel that way.

-By the way. Welcome to the boards Jaded.
:unsure: Please accept my apologies! Me bad :unsure: Best of luck to you in all this.

Jon153 said:
I have a question... Does everyone on this board that is negative really not give a crap about this airline? Sure management sucks but does everyone not see the need to actually post a profit?! This airline is dying and we're on a timeline now and all of you who say that the concession stand is closed, quit. Some of us would like to keep our jobs, some of us would love to see the benefits of kicking Southwest, jetBlue, and Airtran in the butt, some of us would love to see this airline actually post a profit and then move on from the past and GROW. Grow to cities we've never been before. Grow and compete against the LCC's so they are actually the one's struggling. The LCC's employees make us look like we are spoiled, ungrateful people. This world has changed and for those who haven't seen it, open your eyes. US Airways can't make a profit without a sacrafice from everyone. It's impossible. For all of you that have shares in this company that are only worth $5, just think... if US Airways went from a "$0.10" company to a "$0.06" company just think of the profit we would make and how all of the sudden the price of the stock goes from 5 to 40 dollars. Just think of all of the jobs we'll actually be able to bring back. I'm sure there are pleanty of furloughs that would love to take the job of some of the ungrateful people that post here. Face it, the economy sucks and there aren't many jobs out there so PLEASE be thankful that you actually have a job and food on the table when you get home.
I think people care. The problem is a lack of choices. People don't get upset AND stay upset when things don't go there way. They get upset and stay mad when things don't go their way and they have no choices.

If workers could go make exactly what they are making today somewhere else there would be thousands leave tomorrow. But that ain't true.

So what do you do? Downsize your lifestyle? Possibly lose your job because of a layoff? That is a tough decision for people.

I have read a lot of these posts over the last day and it is very very sad. The anger and hatred just screams throughout many of the posts. At the same time, there are posts like yours that seem to reflect the reality of the situation and make the choice very clear. And there is a hint of positive optimizm and fight. That's fresh.

But let everyone speak their mind. It's America and perhaps this is a place for everyone to vent their frustrations through freedom of speech. The only bad thing is that sometimes threads turn into a feeding frenzy and resemble the online version of a riot.

People say things that sound mean or cruel on here that they would never say in person. And many are not mean but just misinterpreted as mean. Imagine if all these posters were together at a picnic. Would they really speak verbally to each other the way they do on this forum? I doubt it. The airline industry is full of wonderful people. In person you would see many more smiles than frowns.

Latest posts