Stop and Frisk

Probably a 1157...Pull the old one is the best bet........Duh

That's why God created auto part stores and phones.

voted_obama_head_up_ass_photosculpture-p153754262144281070z8wb9_400.jpg

Dell, it never really happened.

Can you believe this dude??

Mayor Bloomberg says he will spend millions more to defeat the National Rifle Association and pro-gun pols

The $12 million ad blitz targeting senators wavering on gun control will be just the beginning, Mayor Bloomberg warned Sunday.
“I have a responsibility ... to try to make this country safer,” Bloomberg said on “Meet the Press” when asked if he’d spend big-time in next year’s elections to target the National Rifle Association and members of Congress for opposing gun restrictions.
“If I can do that by spending some money, and taking the NRA from being the only voice to being one of the voices, so the public can really understand the issues, then I think my money will be well spent and I think I have an obligation to do that,” he said.
“If 90% of the public wants something, and their representatives vote against that, common sense says they are going to have a price to pay for that,” Bloomberg said, referring to the proportion of people polls show support universal background checks.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder how much Gun Owners of America and the NRA spends getting their point of view heard by government? He's just excercising right to free speech.

Youre not trying to say that the second amendment trumps the first, are you? It came in second because it is less important.

I wonder how much Gun Owners of America and the NRA spends getting their point of view heard by government? He's just excercising right to free speech.

Youre not trying to say that the second amendment trumps the first, are you? It came in second because it is less important.

Personally I hope Bloomberg keeps spending and promoting his version of instant stupidity

Personally I hope Bloomberg keeps spending and promoting his version of instant stupidity

maybe he should toss some money at the war on drugs considering how successful that has been.....stupid liberals always think they know what is best for everyone else.

maybe he should toss some money at the war on drugs considering how successful that has been.....stupid liberals always think they know what is best for everyone else.

Blue laws anyone? Stupid conservatives always think they know whats best for everyone else.

Reactions: 3 people
The war on drugs is a soley liberal brain child?

So as long as it does not cost to much its ok to tell people what they can and can do? What is your price cutoff for rights?

So do intelligent Liberals. The concept of allowing an individual to live as they choose is so scary to them.

Unless of course they see a lightning rod issue like Gay Marriage that they can use to divide the nation. Then all of a sudden there is moral outrage. I aksed during a conversation on the Gay Marriage topic, "Why is the government even involved in regulating marriage?" The Conservatives kind of thought silently while the Liberals began huffing and puffing and called me homophobic..

Surprised? I'm not. The only thing liberals hate more then Bush is a free & independent thinker in their midst.

If your taillight is out, the cops have the right to pull you over even when driving while swine, otherwise known as DWS.

http://youtu.be/xJrgcmqbuhQ

The war on drugs is a soley liberal brain child?

So as long as it does not cost to much its ok to tell people what they can and can do? What is your price cutoff for rights?

Tree, I think you are missing my point or maybe I am missing yours as well.
My reference to the war on drugs is that millions and I am sure billions have been spent on the war on drugs, tougher laws(not counting pot) have been added.Yet today drugs are just as avalible as ever.
You can make gun laws tougher,ban some weapons whatever you like but 25 years from now guns will still be used in crimes of every sort. All that would happen is law abiding citizens would have a problem buying them.With over 300 million guns out here it's not like they are going away,very few are going to turn their guns in banned or not.I know I sure as hell wouldn't and I have more than one on that liberal 'we want to ban list".
Yes the school shooting was tragic, but the guy was a lunatic! Would anyone have felt better had he pulled an OKC stunt and parked a rental truck in front and flattened the place? I don't think so

AS for as blue laws are concerned I think pretty much all are stupid and I guess every area it seems has some, many that the general public are not even aware exist.
This Bloomberg guy is just over the top imo. First he wants to ban Big Gulps, large sodas what ever you want to call them.This is an area the damn govt. has no business.
A few years ago I had heart surgery, one of the first things you are taught in rehab is what foods are bad for you. Near the top of that list are fast food cheeseburgers, I made the personal choice to stop eating them but i sure as hell don't think Uncle Sam has any right to tell me not too.

Don't wrap me up on the right wing whacko list, I tend to be a fiscal conservative but I am very cynical and untrusting of the government in general esp for making choices for me.

Sparrow,

So same question to you. Who is behind all the blue laws. Why do conservatives think they can tell people what drugs are ok and not ok or who they can and can love? The liberals have not cornered the market on telling people what is good for them.

Cltrat

Im not for the bans. Just like prohibition it does not work. I think background checks along with tutke registration and owner liability would go a long way toward reducing gun violence.

My point was only that liberals have not cornered the market on telling people what is good for them.

As for the war on drugs I also think it is pretty stupid and an utter failure. Weed for the most part is harmless. Coke, meth LSD have addictive issues and have a tenancy to make people become a risk to others so I am a bit on the fence about that. I do tend to believe that the drug issue is more of a conservative point of contention than a liberal one. Us liberals end not to care what you do so long as it does not affect others. Conservatives tend to want to tell me what to do for moral reasons. Just my personal POV.

Sparrow,

So same question to you. Who is behind all the blue laws. Why do conservatives think they can tell people what drugs are ok and not ok or who they can and can love? The liberals have not cornered the market on telling people what is good for them.

Want an argument? Don't have one. I've maintained that we have a ONE PARTY system based upon the confiscation of you money & personal Liberty. The goal of the Repugnicrats is to take all they can from you & I, COTUS be damned.

I guess you now lump Nixon and Reagan into the liberal category.

Maybe a history walk on "The War on Drugs" is in order?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9252490

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324374004578217682305605070.html