Stop and Frisk

I guess you now lump Nixon and Reagan into the liberal category.

Maybe a history walk on "The War on Drugs" is in order?

http://www.npr.org/t...storyId=9252490

http://online.wsj.co...2305605070.html

I actually recall Nixon announcing the "War on Drugs".

Nixon, according to some historians was the most Liberal President ever elected. An opinion I happen to share. Reagan in many ways was not a conservative either, certainly not in the Libertarian definition of the word.

In my mind Reagan and Clinton politically were right and left leaning pragmatists. Reagan knew where he wanted to take the country and was more conservative, the reverse with Clinton. But at the end of the day both would act in what they felt was the best interests of the US. I don't think anyone since can say that

Funny, no mention of Bill Clinton and Danny Lassiter running toot into Ak ala CIA....

What?

All President's since Nixon (except Carter who tried to decriminalize marijuana) are guilty of the stupidity of the war on drugs.

Answer this question: when the war on drugs is won, how do we now and who surrendered?

The same could be said for the "War on Terror".

War is an act against known enemy combatant(s) or a nation or group of nations, not some shape shifting non-person/group.

Sparrow,

So same question to you. Who is behind all the blue laws. Why do conservatives think they can tell people what drugs are ok and not ok or who they can and can love? The liberals have not cornered the market on telling people what is good for them.

Not sure about your world but, in mine, there's a big difference in the government telling me what drugs are legal vs. how much Mt. Dew, I can drink!

What is the difference?

Lets skip the food issue. Government has told you that you can consume nicotine (harder to kick than heroin) but you cannot smoke weed (non-addictive).

Bottom line is government is telling us what we can and cannot do in the privacy of our own life. Why is that OK for reps and not dems?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah and you overlooked 54 years.
I did not. Nixon coined the term and started it. Carter tried to roll it back. Reagan kicked it into overdrive after Nancy began her "just say no" deal.

And as I said in an earlier post, all the President's since then have not had the political capital to take on the issue and stop the nonsense.

I did not. Nixon coined the term and started it. Carter tried to roll it back. Reagan kicked it into overdrive after Nancy began her "just say no" deal.

And as I said in an earlier post, all the President's since then have not had the political capital to take on the issue and stop the nonsense.

But it was Eisenhower's establishment of the U.S. Interdepartmental Committee on Narcotics, in 1954, in which a sitting president first literally called for a war on drugs.

But it was Eisenhower's establishment of the U.S. Interdepartmental Committee on Narcotics, in 1954, in which a sitting president first literally called for a war on drugs.
Another damn liberal. And I forgot...who was his vice president again?