Suggested remedial reading

After reading this forum for months, I''ve got a few books some of you might find useful. One is: :The Addictive Organization: Why We Overwork, Cover Up, Pick Up the Pieces, Please the Boss and Perpetuate Sick Organizations;
by Anne Wilson Schaef, Diane Fassel
In this book you will find the reasons there is such envy, class warfare, and downright mental illness in groups, including entire employee groups.
The other book to be highly recommended is The Vision of the Anointed by Thomas Sowell. This book also will show you why as a group of posters and as a group of employees, and indeed as a group of American citizens, it may be time for you to change your way of thinking. Mr. Sowell''s book is a discussion of self-congratulation as a basis for social policy.
You people have to stop chewing on each other and move on in your minds to a place where you can stop dissing each other and start to realize that there ARE different strata in society and specifically, people who spend the time to educate thenselves and develop skills deserve to be paid accordingly. That, dears, includes airline pilots. Sorry, but those of you who seem to wish ill will to pilots and their families are way out of line.
Take some time away from this backbiting forum and read! You may be surprised at what you learn........about yourselves and your addiction to being told what to think by who makes what kind of $$.
Friendly pup......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 10:28:03 PM Light Years wrote:

HARD LANDING by Thomas Petzinger Jr- hindsight is 20/20

and

Nickel and Dimed: On NOT Getting by in America by Babara Ehrenreich- a depressing alternative
----------------
[/blockquote]

Now, those are THE books to read!

And Dell,

you make me howl, LOL!
9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 9:56:37 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

you just wait,pal..you're going to hear from my psychiatrist for sure!
----------------
[/blockquote]

First of all, I am not your "pal"; I am your librarian. Or maybe your libertarian. I don't know because I am dyslexic. If you want to play dueling shrinks, I suggest that would be too expensive for both of us under the circumstances. Why don't you just punch up Amazon.com and read two very worthwhile books instead? It's cheaper than a shrink and it 'splains why these types of boards can get very nasty.
(by the way, your "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell" is my line.[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/4.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/28/2003 10:28:03 PM Light Years wrote:

HARD LANDING by Thomas Petzinger Jr- hindsight is 20/20

and

Nickel and Dimed: On NOT Getting by in America by Babara Ehrenreich- a depressing alternative
----------------
[/blockquote]
12.gif']