Teamsters card drive

Who would sign a Teamsters card, if a card drive started tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters
Funny how the IGM's from Texas don't like my post, typical.

I was impressed with the solidarity we had though.

Ok we didn't take AAs food during AMT appreciation day, I'm sure the executives are freaking out like last year, and maybe this year we will get a contract. We look like moronic children as a whole. We had union leaders in dfw afw and DWH making deals to protect themselves causing senior mechs to leave their homes just to save weekend Off or keeping higher seniority out.

ee get to vote on nothing and now the ass is blaming AA for all of this.

Let's pull out the flow chart. AA gave generous contracts out to 3 different unions. Agents, pilots and FAs. Our union won't tell us what we are asking for. But at least we we refused to acknowledge AMT day.

Last time I checked, our union leaders were "relatively speaking" low seniority - including Gary Peterson - so what kind of deals are you talking about? I don't know any senior AMTs leaving their houses. The turning down of food from the company on AMT day was a symbolic gesture to show our frustration with the company's hypocrisy in dealing with AMTs. The contractual deals that were cut - to screw the AMTs, were done at the international level.

Reactions: dfw gen
Last time I checked, our union leaders were "relatively speaking" low seniority - including Gary Peterson - so what kind of deals are you talking about? I don't know any senior AMTs leaving their houses. The turning down of food from the company on AMT day was a symbolic gesture to show our frustration with the company's hypocrisy in dealing with AMTs. The contractual deals that were cut - to screw the AMTs, were done at the international level.
Well as some seen it as a symbolic gesture of a screwing the ones who took the screwdriver verified the gesture as reality. They wanted to show the guys who refused the symbolic gesture that it was not symbolic but a reality. I thank the guys who took the symbolic screwdriver to verify its authenticity in sacrificing for the non believers such as myself.

Last time I checked there was about 300 + mechs on transfer list to dfw with a lot of them with over 20 years as a mech.

But now there is a one station agreement between DWH and DFW, where an OSM at DWH can upgrade to mech at dfw before the most senior mech on transfer list 32 years seniority from MIA can transfer to dfw.

The only thing we really have anymore in our contract is seniority and the IGM Texas addition is protecting themselves, at the expense of everyone else. Looking forward to a time where there are no special deals and it is a level playing field for all. You go where your seniority will take you.

Reactions: BeechDriver
Well as some seen it as a symbolic gesture of a screwing the ones who took the screwdriver verified the gesture as reality. They wanted to show the guys who refused the symbolic gesture that it was not symbolic but a reality. I thank the guys who took the symbolic screwdriver to verify its authenticity in sacrificing for the non believers such as myself.

But Dude that Screwdriver would have cost them $60 whole dollars if they had to buy it in the store.

Look they didn't eat the food ok. What more did you want from them?

1AA you and I have our differences but I'm just as disappointed as you at the idiots that don't get it. (Same crap as that $100,000 Grand candy bar all those years ago)

Who would sign a Teamsters card if a drive started tomorrow?

I personally don't think AMFA is too interested in organizing us.

Who supports a AMFA are AMP card drive

Thinking outside the box here, but, since the momentum has been picking up on a card drive, even with Bob getting back into it, maybe another poll needs to be ran so it will tell where exactly the majority of the membership is. So far with these two polls it is very well known that AMFA 100% beat out the AMP. It is also very overwhelmingly known that a very strong NO vote for the teamsters. So why not do one more and maybe give 4 options:
1- Keep Association Currently Representing you guys.
2- AMFA
3- teamsters
4- no union
5- no card drive what-so-ever

Sorry added the 5th at last moment. But at least this way you guys will know what to do if the time comes to make a move. And also maybe ask for a write in for any suggestions. The only reason I did not include the TWU as a stand alone option is because I have no clue if that could even be done as they are now part of a combined asso. but if they could then add them or write them in. I think you guys need more direction from the membership on what you guys really want to do and direction to go. Hell, maybe get with your Pilots and join up with them, I do know that will be our next move if need be. Good luck fellers...

Thinking outside the box here, but, since the momentum has been picking up on a card drive, even with Bob getting back into it, maybe another poll needs to be ran so it will tell where exactly the majority of the membership is. So far with these two polls it is very well known that AMFA 100% beat out the AMP. It is also very overwhelmingly known that a very strong NO vote for the teamsters. So why not do one more and maybe give 4 options:
1- Keep Association Currently Representing you guys.
2- AMFA
3- teamsters
4- no union
5- no card drive what-so-ever

Sorry added the 5th at last moment. But at least this way you guys will know what to do if the time comes to make a move. And also maybe ask for a write in for any suggestions. The only reason I did not include the TWU as a stand alone option is because I have no clue if that could even be done as they are now part of a combined asso. but if they could then add them or write them in. I think you guys need more direction from the membership on what you guys really want to do and direction to go. Hell, maybe get with your Pilots and join up with them, I do know that will be our next move if need be. Good luck fellers...
I put a new poll up like this one

Last time I checked there was about 300 + mechs on transfer list to dfw with a lot of them with over 20 years as a mech.

But now there is a one station agreement between DWH and DFW, where an OSM at DWH can upgrade to mech at dfw before the most senior mech on transfer list 32 years seniority from MIA can transfer to dfw.

The only thing we really have anymore in our contract is seniority and the IGM Texas addition is protecting themselves, at the expense of everyone else. Looking forward to a time where there are no special deals and it is a level playing field for all. You go where your seniority will take you.

Give me some info about this one station agreement. Where can I find it? Or is it just a figment of your imagination. As far as I know there is no 1 station agreement. I am willing to admit that something might have happened that I might not be aware of. So before I tell you to stop spreading rumors or making things up. I will give you a chance to explain yourself. Now knock yourself out.

Do you have a link or a copy of this DFW-DWH one station letter? I have not seen or heard of anything like that recently.

The only thing I see in our cba is LOM 6. It was ,in part, a one time agreement in case of a RIF or closure of either DWH or DFW.
20170530_200156.jpg

Where do you get this stupid ideas from. Go away come back when your not full of shut. There is no one station agreement. In fact years ago at afw I remember Matt Lorenzo campaigning against a one station agreement. His rally call was "You don't want that high seniority taking your jobs over here" and the membership screaming "No agreement!" Go away dumbass I was at the neeting

If there was no one station agreement and the show was on the other foot and dfw was closing and afw knew it would they agree to a one station agreement? No they would not, the closing sucks but it is what it is. The juniority system has been on place for over 50 years at aa. What does suck is when the international cuts deals and screws the membership.

I would be more apt to ask how did Matt Lorenzo and Rick Grant sneak over to dfw.that seems kind of fishy. ..even though they are on the street.

Reactions: trentrb211