The End Is Near

I agree.....There is NO quality control enforced by USAirways or any major with its contract carriers. Just take a look around the next time you walk through the terminal. Hard to imagine anyone with so little pride as some I see in disheveled, incomplete, and mismatched uniforms.

No, Mesa 737's is not a "Chip fact". I know the gentleman who was responsible for proof reading the manuals which once there are serial # specifics supplied for the aircraft will be sent to the Dallas FSDO for approval.

I think they wrote a fairy tale about Chip? Something about "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"? Even if it were true, would anyone believe it? If you listen to his latest, you would believe that MAA will only have 10 airplanes. That in fact is an unsubstantiated rumor started by an MEC member visiting a recent INDOC class. The fact is, there are four aircraft now, two more in the next two weeks, and six in May. MAA has already hired and is training the pilots who will staff those aircraft right now and continues to call furloughed pilots for class. Right seat is at 9/99.

The "Roll Call Four" who Chip has been hounding did something completely unpresidented for the AAA MEC...... They actually followed through on the wish's of their constituants. Can you believe the nerve of those guys?? :shock:

The disputed aircraft are the PSA CRJ-700's. It was OK for PSA to get enough -200's to relace their 328's and keep their pilots off the street. Now however the MEC is willing to let those -200 options be turned into -700's but not willing to allow the PSA pilots staff them until there are an equal # to either the -328's or the origional # of -200's..... How can the MEC justify allowing the PSA guys to fly 100% of the -200's until all of their pilots are transitioned, but not willing to let them fly the -700's which were origionally -200 options? What are the chances that with 5 or 6 CRJ-700's sitting at Mirabel Airport waiting for delivery, that GECAP will pull ERJ financing? Would make more sense to take those aircraft to someone who can IMMEDIATELY put them into revenue service? Mesa already operates the -700 in IAD for UAL and all of their CRJ pilots are qualified in all three models of the CRJ. That would also limit their exposure as well as fit well within any scope issues.

However those auspices would be applying common sense to aviation.....

Mesa is based in PHX, why not the FSDO there. Seems it is just smoke and mirrors to me. Mesa has not trained any pilots, or been certified for 737 operation. Why lease a plane when you can't even fly it yet? It takes a bit of time for crew training, mtc training, proving runs and etc. Just does not seem real to me, just someone posting stuff, no facts.

Wanna bet? All of Mesa Airlines operating certificates are held by the Dallas FSDO which is where Mesa origionally started Jet service from Ft. Worth. You check, both Mesa Airlines and Freedom Airlines certificates are held there.

Proving runs start in June, revenue in July. Not everyone works at the USAirways pace of business. You would also be amazed at how many Mesa/Freedom pilots already posess 737 types in an effort to get on with SWA, its not exactly a difficult type to get. It takes less than six weeks to add a new equipment type to an existing certificate, two weeks to type a pilot, and two weeks to finish "initial cadre" IOE. Mesa already contracts out a good bit of maintenance, why would a 737 be any different? No "bit of time" would be longer than 60 days.

Like you, I would rather they didn't, but its hard to bet against the lead horse!

You want facts, you drive by PHX Goodyear airport and you will see 3 ex-UAL Shuttle 737-300's getting ready for paint. Guess who they belong to?

All I did was ask a question, I did not say you were wrong, go back and read my post, what about the rest?

According to Mesa, they were not certified till 1990:

Government/FAA Regulation

As an interstate air carrier, Mesa is subject to the economic jurisdiction of and regulation by the Department of Transportation (DOT). Although regulation of the airline industry has been considerably diminished by the Airline Deregulation Act in 1978, the DOT continues to exercise certain economic regulatory jurisdiction over airlines.

In October 1990, Mesa became a certificated air carrier under Section 401 of the Federal Aviation Act of 1958. Previously, Mesa operated under an exemption from the certificate requirement. The DOT is authorized to establish consumer protection regulations to prevent unfair methods of competition and deceptive practices, to prohibit certain pricing practices, to inspect a carrier's books, properties and records, and to mandate conditions of carriage. The DOT also has the power to bring proceedings for the enforcement of the air carrier economic regulations, including the assessment of civil penalties, and to seek criminal sanctions.

Mesa is subject to the jurisdiction of the FAA with respect to its aircraft maintenance and operations, including equipment, ground facilities, dispatch, communication, training, weather observation, flight personnel and other matters affecting air safety. To ensure compliance with its regulation, the FAA requires airlines to obtain an operating certificate which is subject to suspension or revocation for cause, and provides for regular inspections.

Mesa is subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Communications Commission regarding the utilization of its radio facilities and to the jurisdiction of the United States Postal Service with respect to carriage of United States mail. Local governments in certain markets have adopted regulations governing various aspects of aircraft operations including noise abatement and curfews.

Mesa was "air taxi" until 1990, they flew piston twins, Caravans, BE-1300's and BE-99's before the 1900. MASA-036A was issued in that year for FAR-135 scheduled service. 1/97 Mesa transitioned the entire airline to FAR-121.

I was employed there for a # of years prior to working for USAirways. Some good, some bad, but the one sure thing with Mesa was that no matter what else, your job was going to be there tomorrow.....

See my above edited post.

This is a sham....you can see this was photo_shopped...note the lack of a required registration number.

Some of you will fall for anything.....amazing that USA320Pilot isn't doing his chicken dance and screaming I told you so at the top of his lungs. :p :D

PropPiedmont said:
Oh no, another one spotted. This one was seen landing in CLT.
Dude, your photoshop skills suck, not even an american registration on the plane, bad job of photo editing and morphing.

700UW,

I appreciate you insulting my photoshop skills, but unfortunately I don't even have that software available to me. I just find the funny pics and post them.

http://forums.mesalounge.com

It'll be a sad day if these aircraft ever really do exist and fly, but until then these pics I've posted only serve the purpose of making people think. Sorry if I scared you. Next time I'll post a parental warning.

:D

It is not funny when you are talking about 27,000 employees maybe losing their jobs. Not scared, I spotted the fake right away, not insulting you, just telling you like it is.

The photos are obviously faked. The threat is not.

The first plane is a 737-400 not a -300. It has no registration (total no no).

The second one has what appears to be a tail from Microsoft Flight Simulator, and as stated a non US reg.

I do fear the fat lady approaching the stage however...

My sincere best to you all....

Dude,

Sit back, relax, and return your flight attendant to her upright and locked position. I'm not firing anybody here. I'm one of the 27,000 employees. The bottom line is that Mesa is a cancer on this industry and as long as JO and The Seagull are buddies the inevitable will happen. This airline needs a huge change and it needs to change as of yesterday. Unfortunately management is succeeding in pitting each employee group against each other, thus pressing the self-distruct button. You know it and I know it, just look at what problems the scope issues caused alone. I don't want to cause any more bad blood between fellow coworkers, but like you I wish to express my opinions on this website also. You express your point of view one way and I have my way.

Pass the pipe my friend. :blink:

700UW said:
Can't you see the picture is phony, it is not real, Mesa does not have any 737s and and they are not certified to fly them.

You have fallen victim to a phony pic.
The pic is fake, but MESA can fly 737's. USAirways gave Mesa the green light to buy Midway's operating certificate. What aircraft did Midway fly before 9/11? CRJs, F-100s, and 737's! Sad, but true.

ML went out of business after the bankruptcy, when they went back in business, the only thing they flew was CRJs, they did not have the 737s on their certificate anymore. Then they shut down totally, Mesa only bought the CRJ leases.

Latest posts