The End Is Near

Much like everything else, scope will be GIVEN away......

Either I eat crow in a couple months, or log back on for an "I told ya so". When I'm the one cooking, crow isn't usually on the menu.

Sure that would violate scope. Then again, until 98 any Rj's would. Then until 2000, anymore than 32 would violate scope. Then until 2002 anything larger than 50 seats or 60,000 lbs would violate scope. You can see where I am going with this?

Remember the no furlough clause? How about 279 aircraft? How did they pull off a sale of 40 737's to FedEx?

How about MAA having lower pay and lesser work rules than Mesa/Chataque/Industry....More big wins for those protecting scope.

The AAA MEC has done a great deal for airlines however. They have created two in the past two years. First, Freedom Airlines. The MEC ralleyed around LOA #79, prevented the Mesa pilots from being able to fly larger aircraft for their AMW contract and thus Freedom was born. For the Mesa pilots to win a single carrier filing which by the way was unapposed, the MEC had to relent and drop the grievance and immediately Freedom went away. Next, Republic Airlines. A Chataque "no" vote for J4J was enough to prompt Wexford Mgmnt to start a new carrier with a guaranteed yes for J4J. The MEC enthusiastically supported that alter ego. Now there are half a dozen Republic pilots in MAA ground school as we speak learning to fly the ERJ-170 which they are immediately getting 15 of.... In United Express Colors. Another home run.

I rest..... Flame away if you would like, but lets wait a few months to cook that crow up.

I believe I saw advertisement on the tube where Branson is going to have his own reality show. Something like Trump. We will wait and see. :ph34r:

SoldWholeSale,

Your post above implies that indeed U sold 40 737 to Fed EX? That was not officially announced so I assumed it was just a rumor.

Did they or did they not sell 737 to Fed EX? Rumor or Fact????

Inquiring minds want to know.

SoldWholeSale,

Then that would take the a/c count below 279?

That would break the contracts. This would also create a major mass furlough...

Is this what ALPA is negotiating at present? Do you know, or are you just speculating or rumoring?

What source is your infomation?

Common, I'm not stupid...... Of coarse nothing is actually done until the ink is dry. The deal for 40-60 former SwissAir A320's you have probably been hearing about will/would be the replacement for those aircraft.

I believe we are already operating fewed than 279. Yes, minimum fleet count, scope, and fragmentation are all on the table if you can believe everything you read from the various LEC officers.

The ERJ-170 is a 70+ seat, 82,000 lb aircraft with a 2300 nm+ range. MAA Captains who are flying full lines will make less than $57,000 a year. If the MEC let that get by, whats next? The ERJ-170/EMB190 will have more than 100 seats. With a pay rate and type already in place at MAA what keeps those aircraft from being "negotiated" away and also being allowed into the mainline fleet count?

The former being conjecture, there are many scenarios which could play out over the next year.

Light Years said:
ELP_WN_Psgr said:
You've hit upon the biggest problem that USAirways, as well as countless other so-called major carriers, face.

Having everybody and his brother with an airline operate flights under code shares, wholly-owned subsidiaries, connection carrier agreements, you-name-it.

But having Mesa, Chataqua, PSA, Agony, Piedmont, ShuttleAmerica, and God knows what other airlines operate airplanes painted to look like USAirways without adequate managerial control of what goes on at the other carrier is foolish, to say the least.
I've been saying this forever. There will be no morale, no standard product, no progress, and probably no airline if US Airways tries to continue this Aeroflot game.
forever and a day, actually.

SoldWholeSale said:
Common, I'm not stupid...... Of coarse nothing is actually done until the ink is dry. The deal for 40-60 former SwissAir A320's you have probably been hearing about will/would be the replacement for those aircraft.
I didn't think that Swiss had 40-60 parked. My understanding was that Ansett, Sabena, and Swiss combined got you closer to 40 - 50.

The current fleet count is as follows as of today:

737-300: 70
737-400: 45
757-200: 31
767-200: 10
A319 :68
A320 :24
A321 :28
A330-300:9
--------------
For a grand total of 285 planes.

Are they being flown or do we just have them? I know for a time less than 279 were operational and nothing came of it.

I would be happy to be incorrect on the matter.

SoldWholeSale said:
No, not announced. Yes, from a very good source though.
SoldWholeSale

Just because these aircrafts might still have had U paint on them does not reflect that they are or had been owned by U. There are a lot of companies out there that own aircrafts and lease them to airlines. These all could have been ex U aircrafts that have been given back to the leasing companies and had been parked because of a low demand. :huh:

So making such assumptions is not helpful. Give me the tail #'s and I will be able to give you the details who owned them. If your friend is such a good source he or she will be able to give you the tail #’s and then will find out for a fact what is going on. :up:

The planes aren't gone yet..... The transaction takes place closer to year end or first of next.

You don't have to believe anything I say. If everything I had said so far were untrue, that would put me on par for this message board for conjecture and guessing. Lets watch for the next month or two and see how really full of crap I am.

:rolleyes:

SoldWholeSale said:
The planes aren't gone yet..... The transaction takes place closer to year end or first of next.

You don't have to believe anything I say. If everything I had said so far were untrue, that would put me on par for this message board for conjecture and guessing. Lets watch for the next month or two and see how really full of crap I am.

:rolleyes:
If this is indeed the case, then that would make RATBOY right on target. :huh: