This Is How We Roll.......

Twicebaked said:
How are you stapled???? With DOH almost 1/2 of HP flight attendants are SENIOR to me!! I will lose about 1,000/1,500 in seniority. Do I like that? No, but it is what is fair. As far as our way or no way, we want YOU to follow the bylaws. It would have been taken out long ago if it wasn't fair. You CANNOT change the rules in the middle of a hand. That is the point of this all. Once we merge, we may someday merge with another.
[post="295816"][/post]​

Well said!!! Even if the bylaws are out dated, I don't see how it would be fair to change them now to favor a particular group of AFA.

HPGUY said:
Well said!!! Even if the bylaws are out dated, I don't see how it would be fair to change them now to favor a particular group of AFA.
[post="296893"][/post]​

That is true - it is not fair to stop playing poker and say hey lets change the rules a bit to accomodate me!! Play by the rules and NO ONE person gets hurt - Start changing the rules and you create way too much tension -

You know I sitting here trying to think of some sassy little reply. But for what. I was hired by usairways in 1999 and guess what Matt. I have a great attitude. I always have and I always will. I think that story you wrote was cute. But it was fictional to say the least. Honey its just America West, not Singapore Airlines. Ohh Im not sure if you know this or not but all airlines will give Elite Status Flyers from other carriers Elite status on their airline to lure the business. That was not some great America West brainstorm. Well Matt I cant wait for the merger to occur because I do plan on coming to PHX just as soon as I can. Ill show you how to be a good Flight Attendant without being arrogant.

ItsNotThatSerious said:
You know I sitting here trying to think of some sassy little reply. But for what. I was hired by usairways in 1999 and guess what Matt. I have a great attitude. I always have and I always will. I think that story you wrote was cute. But it was fictional to say the least. Honey its just America West, not Singapore Airlines. Ohh Im not sure if you know this or not but all airlines will give Elite Status Flyers from other carriers Elite status on their airline to lure the business. That was not some great America West brainstorm. Well Matt I cant wait for the merger to occur because I do plan on coming to PHX just as soon as I can. Ill show you how to be a good Flight Attendant without being arrogant.
[post="297010"][/post]​

Best post yet! :)

SKY HIGH said:
Sky high states: Seniority issues are just the start. Who's "service procedures" are going to be used? F/A "Manual procedures" and "Company policies"?
And lets NOT forgot when the combined carriers crews start flying each other's routes. Will you extend your hand to your new co-workers?......or blame your unhappiness on the new company and treat your "new" co-workers based on their employee number? U employees understand your fears. Mergers require change. Lots of them. And since, U employees have been through several mergers, they too, have some apprehension. They are praying that past "merger mistakes" will not happen this time. Employees have so much pride in their perspective companies, that any changes to that "culture" have many feeling uneasy. America West, just losing that name is upsetting. For the U employees, many feel too many "changes" have already taken place. Bankruptcy, concessions and downsizing. WE ALL want normalcy and this merger may delay that. Our competition is hoping we all fight and affect our operations. My biggest fear is that it will affect our most valued asset, our customers.

Here's a thought: "Date of hire" for the system-wide seniority. Slotting IF you transfer into one another's base.

LET'S TAKE THE BEST OF BOTH AIRLINES! :up: :up:
[post="296486"][/post]​

Well I for one, fail to see or comprehend how DOH is the best for both airlines. DOH is only good for US not for HP. DOH will create the biggest animosity between fa work groups. There will not be but a handfull of AWA fa's who could stomach working with a US fa if DOH goes through. Such a shame because this merger could of been handled differently. DP is a great CEO, but unfortunately he left the pilots and the fa's hung out to dry at AWA.

So how would making something up be fair? That would cause even more animosity because there would be no fair way, and it would affect more F/As.

GalleyHag said:
Well I for one, fail to see or comprehend how DOH is the best for both airlines. DOH is only good for US not for HP. DOH will create the biggest animosity between fa work groups. There will not be but a handfull of AWA fa's who could stomach working with a US fa if DOH goes through. Such a shame because this merger could of been handled differently. DP is a great CEO, but unfortunately he left the pilots and the fa's hung out to dry at AWA.
[post="297025"][/post]​

So do you think there will be no animosity if HP flight attendants are given years of seniority that US flight attendants had to accrue? DP did not leave you out to dry - it is obvious that you have been misinformed or don't understand. He has no control over how we are integrated... Just like BL has no control over our seniority. It is up to the union...

Well, I am not misinformed and I do understand. The misconception appears to stem from the fact that we are using the US name, which does not mean nor was intended to mean US is the powehouse big boy on the block. The one fact remains, US is in bankruptcy and failed to emerge, not once, but twice. HP was not in bankruptcy. Now I can hear all the little fingertips clicking on the keyboards, but HP this and HP that and HP wouldnt of made it, blah blah blah. They are the same ones which I am sure many of you remember from training, spent the entire time with "what ifs?" I am willing to bet also, DP knew exactly what he was doing with both airline workgroups. You are expendable and so are we. As long as the bottomline is profitable, nothing else really matters to the uppermanagement. All most folks want at HP is a fair seniority integration. DOH is not and will not ever be fair in the eyes of HP fa's.

GalleyHag said:
Well, I am not misinformed and I do understand. The misconception appears to stem from the fact that we are using the US name, which does not mean nor was intended to mean US is the powehouse big boy on the block. The one fact remains, US is in bankruptcy and failed to emerge, not once, but twice. HP was not in bankruptcy. Now I can hear all the little fingertips clicking on the keyboards, but HP this and HP that and HP wouldnt of made it, blah blah blah. They are the same ones which I am sure many of you remember from training, spent the entire time with "what ifs?" I am willing to bet also, DP knew exactly what he was doing with both airline workgroups. You are expendable and so are we. As long as the bottomline is profitable, nothing else really matters to the uppermanagement. All most folks want at HP is a fair seniority integration. DOH is not and will not ever be fair in the eyes of HP fa's.
[post="297096"][/post]​

GalleyHag,

your opinion is respected however you need to be a little more educated b/f you type things - you have to emerge from BK before you can file again so therefore we did emerge and will again this month... NO. 2 Continental filed three times and is now one of the most profitable airlines in the industry. It is obvious you have no idea what it is like to retain seniority - you probably only have a year or two under your belt and that is fine, but you wouldn' want someone that just started this year to come in and bump you down by tacking years of seniority on their date b/c its "fair" lets wake up and smell the roses...

GalleyHag said:
Well, I am not misinformed and I do understand.  The misconception appears to stem from the fact that we are using the US name, which does not mean nor was intended to mean US is the powehouse big boy on the block.  The one fact remains, US is in bankruptcy and failed to emerge, not once, but twice.  HP was not in bankruptcy.  Now I can hear all the little fingertips clicking on the keyboards, but HP this and HP that and HP wouldnt of made it, blah blah blah.  They are the same ones which I am sure many of you remember from training, spent the entire time with "what ifs?"  I am willing to bet also, DP knew exactly what he was doing with both airline workgroups.  You are expendable and so are we.  As long as the bottomline is profitable, nothing else really matters to the uppermanagement.  All most folks want at HP is a fair seniority integration.  DOH is not and will not ever be fair in the eyes of HP fa's.
[post="297096"][/post]​
Dear Gallyslag,

It does seem your just a touch misinformed...US did emerge once from chapter 11. I think failed is a strong word. We were on our way out of it this time. Seems 3 years in Chapter 11 has been just the ticket for United. I guess your too junior to remember a couple of years back when HP was real close to Chapter 11. Good thing you all took those big paycuts then to save the company. Well they did Im not sure you were around then. Put the shoe on the other foot and see how you would feel. Every FA no matter how good or bad deserves to have their years of service count. No one should have senority added and no one should have it taken away. I know deep down in that bitter heart of yours you feel this way too. I cant wait to fly with you and Matt both some day in PHX.

Well, well......It is utterly impossible to have an intelligent discussion on this forum. No matter what anyone posts, the replys from US folks are derogatory, rude and downright disrespectful. What you have given up, what you have sacrificed...yada yada yada. With that being said, how about trying to stick to the issue: DOH /Seniority Integration. All seniority levels should be protected.

p.s. No, I am not junior, which is totally irrelevant to the DOH issue being discussed.

Back