Transport Workers and Machinist Union to Jointly Represent Ground Workers at the "New" American Airl

Dues are set by each local in the IAM, for example in CLT its two times the hourly weighted wage per classification.
If you are under the same CBA, your wages are the same, so dues would basically be the same.

No, not the same. Maybe the same as the rest of your local, but not the same system wide. That's one problem with the IAM structure... Too many levels sticking their hands in the pockets of the locals. Dues should be the same amount (2x's your hourly pay) for EVERY member.

Dues are set by each local in the IAM, for example in CLT its two times the hourly weighted wage per classification.

And for those making under a certain amount per hour can be granted special dispensation, when I was RS of 1725, it was for anyone making $12 an hour or less.

If you are under the same CBA, your wages are the same, so dues would basically be the same.

Educate yourself freedom, instead of shooting off at the hip looking foolish.

This is so confusing I think I will either pay what I feel my representation is worth or stop paying all together. Which ever is the lowest. Only problem is what is lower than ZERO?

And for those making under a certain amount per hour can be granted special dispensation, when I was RS of 1725, it was for anyone making $12 an hour or less.

Educate yourself freedom, instead of shooting off at the hip looking foolish.

learn to take your own advice ricky and EDUCATE YOURSELF.. there is NO special dispensation anymore and EVERYONE PAYS the same about in FS. which is adjusted annually with the CPI it was passed and changed over 4 years ago so either EDUCATE yourself on TODAYS world who shut the F*&k up cause your passing along WRONG information

Go ask Will Cashion about it.

Special dispensation was granted for anyone under $12 when I was RS at 1725, why are you lying Tim?

Each local has to vote on it in their bylaws and then send it off to the Grand Lodge for approval.

Ask Bill Wise, also, anyone who has been in leadership at 1725 will tell you we use to have it, it was in LL 1725's bylaws.
I am a former officer and again I will say this slowly for you THERE IS NO SPECIAL DISPENSATION anymore.. what was in place 10 years ago when you were around is no longer so quit misleading people with your outdated misinformation.

• Banned
If you read what I wrote I said there was, was meaning past tense.

Did anyone else see the other signed agreement between the iam and twu today which says the twu will push for the iampf for all of its members??? Warning will Robinson!!! Any twu member that wants to be strapped in a dying pension that sucks bigtime needs his head examined.

The bottom line is the IAM pension will provide USA and AA employees to retire with security. What do you propose? Let me guess a 401k. At USA the MX has an $85 per year multiplier, pretty damn good. Fleet currently is about $80. Pretty damn good too. No past benefits were
cut under the plan. And, as for Fleet, the contribution is $1.05 per hour. Negotiate up, which will happen, and the multiplier will be at least in the $60 range to start. You act as if 401ks are immune to market volatility. Check any comparison between the IAM plan and a 401k. No comparison. Ask how many SWA get the 9.3% match, not even 25% do because they don't contribute the max. Also, how much money do you think you need to save to buy an annuity at age 62 that would provide you with $2500-$3000 a month for the rest of your life? Take a swipe at that one and I'll get back to you.

Also, get your facts straight; the IAM plan is over 103% funded, far from dying. Check out the adjustable benefits and the contribution rate tables. Even with going to one schedule it is better than any plan out there, including your beloved 401k.

I thought that the IAM dues (which are definitely going up after this cluster) are the same for all members, part and full. No matter how much you are making, a new hire pays the same as a topped out member.
And who are getting the dues: IAM or TWU? Or is this a dues sharing type of thing?

Who's going to be the negotiators for the combined contract? If it is Delaney and crew, GOD help you all............

I can't see how this one would work. And I'm quite sure that AMFA will have a say in getting the MX group.

You have got to admit it was a pretty smart chess move by the Association. I look forward to seeing it play out and finally getting a New CBA !!

You have got to admit it was a pretty smart chess move by the Association. I look forward to seeing it play out and finally getting a New CBA !!

I beg to differ as far as a smart chess move for the Association. Unless you mean for the AMFA Association? Then I would agree. Here are my thoughts; teamsters pulled out of AA, as far as the card drive goes, to move all focus on the US air guys. The teamsters are also well aware that their little forgery scam would not allow them to get to the required amount of cards needed AND it would open an investigation by the NMB and others and could have been even more detrimental to the teamsters organization. Now you have Only AMFA left to finish up card drive, with the teamsters gone, you now have pissed off TWU members that did support the teamsters, signing AMFA cards as they still want the TWU out rather it would of been AMFA or teamsters, they just wanted the TWU fired. I am sure the forgery issue will be addressed over at US as well. IF there will ever be an election at US, and let's say teamsters are successful at removing the IAM, (as it seems US mechanics are ready for change) then by the time this all happens and gets settled, AMFA will be up and running at AA. Once the AA'ers see AMFA in action and how they work for the membership, while the teamsters will be dictating what the members will do and not do at US, then their will be no way the teamsters would win an election against AMFA after the integration. By the mere fact that the TWU and IAM did all this "behind closed doors" is just yet another stab in the back to the entire membership of both airlines. If this is how you guys want to continue with representation, then by all means, go with the new TWU/IAM Employee "Association". But, if you guys want to run your own union from the memberships control (just like the pilots do with their craft union) then bring AMFA in and be well informed, involved, and in control of your futures. Any changes within AMFA "HAS" to be voted on by the membership.
BTW; Do any of you know why they are going to name this group "Employee Association"? I will tell you why, because they will still be the usual industrial union they are today and suck in any and every able body they can to collect dues off of. Still no craft union to focus on mechanics only, they will still draw in all kinds of other industry groups who will always out number the mechanics ranks, therefore, the mechanics will never have the majority say at anything including big union events and votes. You guys need to ask the teamsters organizers what all happened at AA and why they pulled out of there...

Go ask Will Cashion about it.

Special dispensation was granted for anyone under $12 when I was RS at 1725, why are you lying Tim?

Each local has to vote on it in their bylaws and then send it off to the Grand Lodge for approval.

Ask Bill Wise, also, anyone who has been in leadership at 1725 will tell you we use to have it, it was in LL 1725's bylaws.
You are a lying sack of crap. You post things about the IAM that are current. Stop talking about special dispensation when you know damn well it doesn't exist anymore. STOP IT! You try to intended deceit on all of your post. Yes, you had it when you were there but that wasn't your point. You brought up this special dispensation in the context of this current merger which was intentional deceit. STOP IT. regards,

Dues are set by the IAM constitution, there are several methods that can be used, each local local per their bylaws which are voted on by the membership set it.

The most widely used method is two times the weighted hourly wage per classification per collective bargaining agreement.

141 will still handle US fleet and 142 will still handle US M&R.
How do you know 141 will still handle fleet? Also, there you go lying again about dues. There isn't one damn local that uses two times hourly wage. Which part timer making $11 buck an hour is only paying $22. LMFAO! Cripes, most locals are up to 3 TIMES HOURLY RATE OF TOP OUT and PHL is approaching 4 TIMES HOURLY RATE for top out but some are paying 6 times hourly rate. Sheeesshhhh!

• Banned
Learn to read TWO TIMES THE WEIGHTED HOURLY WAGE.

Weighted means the average is taken once a year of all the workers in the classification and that is how its figured out.

Wake up timmy, cause your lying and you have no idea of what your talking about.

Go ask any ST and they can explain it to you.

Keep lying Tim and I will keep calling you out.

Learn to read and comprehend:

SEC. 5. The I.P. shall have the authority to grant
13 special dispensation to waive or reduce dues, G.L.
14 per capita tax, initiation and/or reinstatement fees in
15 existing L.Ls. for special cases where organizing
16 activities are in progress or are contemplated, for
17 such periods of time as he/she may determine.
18 The I.P. shall also have the authority to grant
19 special dispensation to waive or reduce dues, G.L.
20 per capita tax, initiation and/or reinstatement fees in
21 newly organized bargaining units for a period of
22 time, but not to exceed the duration of the 1st negoti
23 ated collective bargaining agreement.

SEC. 8. The monthly dues shall be established by
12 the local lodge bylaws, or the district lodge bylaws, as
13 approved by the I.P.
14 Except as otherwise required by this Sec., in all
15 other cases, any changes in the established rates of
16 dues proposed by a L.L. shall be adopted only after
17 approval by a majority vote of the members of the
18 L.L. in good standing in attendance and voting by
19 secret ballot at a general or special membership
20 meeting and after reasonable notice upon the ques21
tion.
22 Upon payment of dues, members shall receive a
23 dues stamp from the S.T. as a receipt for
24 each month’s dues so paid, which stamp shall be
25 affixed in the dues books or dues cards of the
26 members and cancelled by the S.T. as
27 provided in Sec. 6, Art. C.
28 At no time shall L.L. dues be rebated to a mem29
ber who attends a meeting where, to do so, would
30 result in the dues of a member actually paid or
31 checked-off to fall below the established minimum
32 dues rate of the L.L.

The bottom line is the IAM pension will provide USA and AA employees to retire with security. What do you propose? Let me guess a 401k. At USA the MX has an $85 per year multiplier, pretty damn good. Fleet currently is about $80. Pretty damn good too. No past benefits were
cut under the plan. And, as for Fleet, the contribution is $1.05 per hour. Negotiate up, which will happen, and the multiplier will be at least in the $60 range to start. You act as if 401ks are immune to market volatility. Check any comparison between the IAM plan and a 401k. No comparison. Ask how many SWA get the 9.3% match, not even 25% do because they don't contribute the max. Also, how much money do you think you need to save to buy an annuity at age 62 that would provide you with $2500-$3000 a month for the rest of your life? Take a swipe at that one and I'll get back to you.

Also, get your facts straight; the IAM plan is over 103% funded, far from dying. Check out the adjustable benefits and the contribution rate tables. Even with going to one schedule it is better than any plan out there, including your beloved 401k.
The fleet rate of $81 was true but stick with the facts as we move forward. The IAM penstion trustees agreed to slash the schedule so on January 1 fleet goes to about $45 bucks. More importantly, once bitten twice shy! Gosh I hope our NC is negotiating company contributions into the 401k and leaving the IAM pension rate the same. It honestly doesn't make any sense to allow the company to give our hard earned money to the IAM pension only for the IAM pension to determine future benefit amounts that can be slashed again and again. There is NO SECURE future with the IAM pension as we have already seen it can be whacked. regards,

Back