Turning Point

US1YFARE said:
... You also get more guarantees with updgrading on higher fares.
[post="235029"][/post]​

Oh. Even customers can get big promises if they give more! Does BB personally stand behind the promises?:lol:

Excellent post, first. One would hope the Palace would take heed, but they already know everything, don't they? <_<

Art, FYI, there is NOTHING in the IAM contract prohibiting those agents from parking your flight. There is no staffing models or minimum in the contract. The contract explicitly says management may, at their discretion, reassign agents or change their duty assignment.

The initiative on these issues resides, contractually, with management.

aerosmith said:
First Amendment for CEO!! You got my vote. :up:
[post="234946"][/post]​

I promise you this. IF I were CEO, I would match ONLY the top paid common employee. (i.e. top paid pilot) My increase, as well as the rest of my team would only be when a profit is made...period. And if Dr. Bronner is serious about a sucessful airline, he must have faith in the company and provide the funds for all the suggestions I made. All but one group ( I feel AFA T/A will pass) has a new contract, so it's time for the "capitulate or liquidate" king to put his money where is FAT mouth is.

back to the original post, I believe the F/A's have been, suprisingly, better than ever during this horrible week. In fact, I was on a flight this week where the #1 F/A refused to leave the gate without a manifest of every PAX on the flight. At first I wondered why, but found my answer when I noticed that the Y F/A's were discreetly handing out snack basket items to CP's who were sitting in Y and comping them for liquor. Only on US can you find these things. You can say that is wrong, but nobody pays for F anymore anyway. Why should someone who didn't get an upgrade not get the same treatment as the folks sitting in F? The F/A's took care of that!

Chip,
We miss you on the UA board :up: Now that we have lost the big Fish, we need someone to give us the great insight of the airline industry. Please write home.

Signed,

the UA readers. :up:

Glad you noticed that ISP.....There is a reason why we do the things we do...even wait for a manifest. A manifest is also helpful when verifying a pax count , keeping track of minors who are traveling alone, and special assistance passengers. (wheelchairs)

FIRST AMENDMENT for CEO!!

FINALLY SOMEONE SPOKE/WRITTEN WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SAID DURING THE FIRST BANKRUPTCY.

HEY MANAGEMENT?!? DID YOU READ THIS? THIS CUSTOMER DID. AND I WILL PASS IT ALONG TO EVERY OTHER US1 THAT I KNOW.

WAKE UP BRONNER AND LAKEFIELD AND ALL THOSE OTHER WORTHLESS VICE PRESIDENTS.

trvlr64 said:
HEY MANAGEMENT?!? DID YOU READ THIS? THIS CUSTOMER DID. AND I WILL PASS IT ALONG TO EVERY OTHER US1 THAT I KNOW.
WAKE UP BRONNER AND LAKEFIELD AND ALL THOSE OTHER WORTHLESS VICE PRESIDENTS.
[post="235320"][/post]​

You have my permission to send this to whomever you desire. ;)

Screw the stockholders? Um, sweetie, we are the people who have gained/lost/lost/lost on keeping this airline afloat. Bronner invested 240M to keep it going...it will be the long term investor/passenger who will be signing the paycheck if there is one to be signed. De-list it, take it private and then say, "Screw the Stockholders"

'I feel Jetblue is a great model. All coach, seat assignments, simple fares, easy website, and AWESOME entertainment system. Dump the Clubs, dump F/C except transatlantic and take out one row of seats to give EVERYONE more wiggle room. Turn US into a hip airline, getting rid of the staunch business image. Offer coffee in the morning to ALL customers. Change those plain jane uniforms to a dressy casual such as Bananna Republic look and play on the US AIRWAYS name. Alittle red, white and blue and perhaps the naming of aircraft with cities, states, and presidents. A hip paintjob, keeping the flag, but providing painted tails of American symbols (i.e. Statue of Liberty, Golden Gate Bridge, Grand Canyon). How cool THAT would be.'

It would be cool, but also dead within six months, tops.

There are two major problems with your vision of US Airways:

1. You have eliminated virtually every amenity/product offering that offers US the chance to generate additional revenue, ESPECIALLY from the premium traffic that, contrary to popular belief, still exists, albeit in diminished quantity. Increased legroom in Coach has been proven time and again to be a failed concept - passengers love the extra few inches, but are rarely willing to pay the necessary premium to sustain it.

2. Revenue issues aside, US couldn't afford the transition costs. The reconfiguration of hundreds of jets to an all-Y configuration, along with the installation of a state-of-the-art PTV system, would easily run into the hundreds of millions of dollars - money the airline simply cannot hope to obtain.

I commend your willingness to think outside of the box, but unfortunately for US, the carrier MUST find a way to be successful within a legacy carrier framework - the airline has neither the time nor the money to toy around with an LCC or any other business model.

Daybefor... I think when the term "screw the stockholders" was used you are taking it slightly out of context. I think it was meant in the short term sence. Many companies including ours have done little things to manipulate the stock price in the short term so that some fat cats pockets can be greased, and to heck with any long term profits. What I took from that post was if you make this company viable for the long term, the investors would make out as well, not just the few with the inside information IE tons of stock options and goldern parachutes.
Disclamer: and inference about stock options and golden parachutes to former ceo's is purely intentional!

avek00 said:
I commend your willingness to think outside of the box, but unfortunately for US, the carrier MUST find a way to be successful within a legacy carrier framework - the airline has neither the time nor the money to toy around with an LCC or any other business model.
[post="235456"][/post]​

But U is COMPETING mostly with LCCs. You can't have a full service business model competing with a cherry-picking LCC unless you have employees who will happily and gleefully work for much lower compensation than a LCC would pay.

In U's case, Lakefield and Bronner don't have a clue on what kind of airline they want to run and Siegel further crippled an already floundering airline with his 2 years of feebleness. There's still no business model except to cut the losses through draconican compensation cuts . . . . . and that won't be nearly enough in money or time . . . . . . and even if there were, this management team doesn't have the skill, leadership, or legitimacy in the eyes of the public or employees to do it. They have failed at every juncture.

I'm tellin ya.....Firstammendment's ideas need to be printed and hanging in every crew and break room............Everyone needs to read it!!!! :up: :up:

Back