Message From Mr. Lakefield

xoxo said:
I would give consessions again...only because it will not be forever. what I mean is..eventually contracts will be negotiated and everyone will be earning the same they were before 911 and things will be great again.
Thats hilarious...where is the incentive for management to negotiate a return to pre 9/11 wages (Which isnt going to happen EVER) when folks like yourself are willing to allow the company into your wallet a third time?

I think that maybe some degree of seniority based snap-backs might make sense in this case. Of course, you'll be snapping back to what your making now, with senior folks snapping back sooner. Or maybe a mix of snap-backs and profit-sharing. But, it's just a suggestion.

LGA Fleet Service,

Well, you can look at it like this, take no concessions..we go under, you have no job, AT ALL, maybe in a year or so you do get another job at the same wages that he was asking for at U ...but you hate your new job..so you leave...now your unemployed again..all because you would not take another consession. I know taking a 3rd concession is hard and alot of people will vote it down, but, this is just my opinion. I have been with 2 airlines and I am 30, I want U to be around so I can retire here. It is not the end of the world. I am furloughed at mainline and now with MAA...my life has been drastically flipped upside down. I am at a lower pay than I have been since 98... I have to commute (which is a nightmare) I have to be in a crash pad..then when I do have off, I have to work my second job on my off days. Almost everyone at MAA(Flight Attendants)have a second job, but we see the big picture. why do you think we are there? yes it sucks...but, I love my job...and I am willing to sacrifice a lower pay for a few years...things will get better, eventually. Contracts will be re-negotiated.

Latest posts