TWU Headcount Changes

Rogallo

Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
January 30, 2015

To the Membership,

This morning Local 591 released the pending changes, as given to us by AA yesterday afternoon. There is not official date yet for these changes; however, I do believe the changes are scheduled to take begin in the next couple of weeks. I also believe since these numbers have been announced, any positions currently in process will be completed and those being announced will be frozen until the reductions are completed. These numbers are all estimated, meaning that the there may be some variance. DFW also has members on recall, who must first elect to accept or decline.

Title I (AMT) Headcount Reductions

PHX: -4 Heads   DEN: -3 or 4 Heads    SJU: -14 Heads

Title I (AMT) Headcount Additions

LAX: +14 Heads   LAS: +5 Heads   DFW: +24 Heads

ATL: +2 Heads   BOS: +3 Heads   EWR: +3 Heads

JFK: +15 Heads   MIA: +70 Heads   ORD: +39 Heads

RDU: +1 Head   SAT: +3 Heads

Title V (MLS) Headcount Additions

LAX: +7 Heads   SFO: +2 Heads   SAN: +1 Head

JFK: +5 Heads   BOS: +5 Heads   ORD: +15 Heads

DFW: +10 Heads   MIA: +4 Heads

There were no headcount changes announced in Quality Control,

or Tech Op’s Facilities Maintenance, Automotive

Fraternally,

Gary Peterson

President

So much for the DFW layoff rumor.
Ironically MIA needs 70 heads which is exactly whats on the MIA transfer list of AMT's. 28 of which will come from JFK which in turn will make JFKs needed heads 43. MIA benefits as it usually gets experienced mechanics transferring in.

Reactions: 1 person
Parker said in the STOC that AMT headcount would increase 300 this year. Didn't say where.

I wonder if DFW was slated to get more mechs but was put on hold as not to drain TAESL of mechs?

Does anyone know the status of TAESL?

No surprise on SJU, but PHX falling off is interesting, given the size of that operation.

MetalMover said:
So much for the DFW layoff rumor.
Ironically MIA needs 70 heads which is exactly whats on the MIA transfer list of AMT's. 28 of which will come from JFK which in turn will make JFKs needed heads 43. MIA benefits as it usually gets experienced mechanics transferring in.
200 mechs getting laid off are like the goofs running around saying "they're just looking to fire you"

I agree Miami might be the happiest most experienced station as those guys want to go there, want to be there as opposed to DFW where the majority are from AFW just trying to stay in Texas.

E,
This is the LAA side of the house. LUS is adding from what I heard in PHX. GP left out the IAM changes.

Duke787 said:
I wonder if DFW was slated to get more mechs but was put on hold as not to drain TAESL of mechs?

Does anyone know the status of TAESL?
Heard rumor today 42 AMT and 15 stores reductions from TAESL.