United Airlines acquiring US airways ?

I'm FAIRLY confident UA would keep PHL or expand INTL out of CLT and move almost all INTL ops to CLT.

DCA would probably get it's capacity reduced but keep routes to key cities and of course the shuttle is profitable ;)

By the way 700UW...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG WITH TRANSCONS!!!!!

US flies PHX/LAS

F6(Frontier) & UA flies DEN

AS(Alaska) flies LAX/SEA

Those are absolute transcon flights ;)

Transcon can operate if you leave people, bags, cargo off.......put a full flight in the air and your non-stop just got a fuel stop.

Depending on conditions PHX and LAS are problems everyday with weight. I believe this has more to do with the poorly thought out reconfigurations thrust on us by Tempe. they were told by Airbus not to change things as it would have a detrimental effect on weight and range. Guess what , Tempe was wrong again. they didn't know better again. Extra seats= extra weight on ac that are at the edges of their range. What did Tempe not understand? Let's not forget one of the greatest side benefits of a merger with UAL. The ability to use a real reservation system and the elimination of the garbage system qik/shares and the useless US IT department. They are so blind to the truth , that they still think qik/shares was the best choice and that they really have the ability to make it work "just as well as sabre".

How about this scenario: Paker sells the east ops to UA(minus some slots and gates), then turns around and buys Airtran!

YV,

Those are slot exemptions, UA has a large presence of IAD to Cali, those are the flights I am talking about, not PHX or LAS.

They have 12 flights a day from IAD-LAX on A319/20, 757 and 777.

They have 10 flights from IAD to SFO on A319, A320, 757 and 767.

Four flights from IAD to SAN.

DCA has a perimeter rule.

By the way 700UW...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG WITH TRANSCONS!!!!!

US flies PHX/LAS

Those are absolute transcon flights ;)
Didn’t HP get those slots because Doug P is friends with that guy running for the president of the USA?

Back