UPS Mechanics Contract Update Requested

I was told that you guys have an agreement or maybe what we had an AIP, is this true?
Any details out as of yet?? Would appreciate any info if possible...

the Agreement include:

• An immediate pay increase of 16.04% and 3% annual wage increases over the life of the contract
  • Full Retro for all wage increases going back to the amendable date of 11/1/13
  • Increase pension contributions to 13.5% applied to all retroactive amounts
  • Existing 401k match will be applied to retroactive amounts
  • Health benefits remain unchanged with no premiums, but a $200 for single and $400 for family coverage annual deductible will apply
  • Increase to staffing ratio and scope improvements to protect jobs
  • Substantial improvements to TDY

the Agreement include:

• An immediate pay increase of 16.04% and 3% annual wage increases over the life of the contract
  • Full Retro for all wage increases going back to the amendable date of 11/1/13
  • Increase pension contributions to 13.5% applied to all retroactive amounts
  • Existing 401k match will be applied to retroactive amounts
  • Health benefits remain unchanged with no premiums, but a $200 for single and $400 for family coverage annual deductible will apply
  • Increase to staffing ratio and scope improvements to protect jobs
  • Substantial improvements to TDY

Ok, Thx for the info.

That's a pretty nice tentative for UPS... I figure it will put you guys around mid $60's in 2023.. Are these unofficial details?...

I too have heard the same D.
Kinda hard to believe that the teamsters (or maybe the co.) backed away from the teamcare.
To me sounds like a pretty good contract offer with no scope and added other benny's along with more work coming in. Good luck in getting a T/A guys. Look forward to the vote announcement for you guys. You've been waiting as long as us.

Any change on pay scale for the new hires to step 4?

16% across the board ....
Starting will hiccup to about $25/chg and top will go to $65-66/hr. I’m on my 3rd anniversary, I’ll got about $31/chg....that’s right, THIRD year, and it’ll be $31/hr and STILL below what FX starts! their amts at. Another 2 yrs and I’ll finally hit paydirt. If I’m not divorced, filed BK, or dead.

The peasants continue to live as a homeless person for 4 yrs.
Fret not....this trucking Co depends! on OT from its amts, so it’ll be there for you. In fact, you’ll probably get forced at times.

Enjoy....

16% across the board ....
Starting will hiccup to about $25/chg and top will go to $65-66/hr. I’m on my 3rd anniversary, I’ll got about $31/chg....that’s right, THIRD year, and it’ll be $31/hr and STILL below what FX starts! their amts at. Another 2 yrs and I’ll finally hit paydirt. If I’m not divorced, filed BK, or dead.

The peasants continue to live as a homeless person for 4 yrs.
Fret not....this trucking Co depends! on OT from its amts, so it’ll be there for you. In fact, you’ll probably get forced at times.

Enjoy....
Hey 757. I believe we are at 25 and change for new AMT's too. Our top out current offer from co. is at 56. It should probably be more like 60's to get this to pass. We are hearing a lot more no votes after the RS's are completed, but that means nothing as we all heard no votes on the overseas outsourcing to El Salvador and it passed.
Can you let us know when you guys get the AIP turned into a T/A?
Our voting should be done mid to late Sep. so we will know then if we go back to the table or not. You may already know but I will vote it down. Most are saying for economics, but I have more reasons than just economics to vote no.
Good luck with your new contract vote...

Reactions: 787nightmare
Sure, I'll let y'all know....
You get my text about the culture & my experience wking here at this trucking Co??

I did. And your text confirmed others that have told me how things are ran at UPS.
It seems our maint leaders are trying to do the same here, but they are having a tough time doing it.

I read the contract update article this morning and the NC is saying it will pass rather quickly, so good for you guys.
Glad to hear you guys getting a new contract. Your looks pretty darn good in my eyes. Ours is lacking in some areas, but most are focused on economics at this point since scope was to remain as is. Our voting will start at end of this month so looking for results mid to late Sep. for us. When will you guys vote? Any dates yet?? Good luck guys.

Oct 1 set to vote.
A lot of guys have seen some language that the Co got away with that's NOT GOOD.
As usual, on surface money looks great, just like they want it to appear.

There's also, from what I'm reading on the FB Local 2727 amt & related board, some accusations of our local president doing a closed door handshake deal with the Co in order to get a AIP done asap. That these clowns have been fiddle darting around with our livelyhood out here IS INFURIATING.

Furs flying in L2727.....
IBT doing a private handshake deal!?
CANT BE!!!.....NO WAY. ‍♂️Smh