UPS Mechanics Contract Update Requested

What are the results of the contract vote?

Won’t know until Feb 8th... Holiday delays in mail screwed up everyone getting their ballots, (some never saw ballots or they’re were damaged)and voting by prev deadline of Jan28th(think), so deadline extended.

Ok. Delayed to 2-8-19.
I was under the impression that 1-24 was the final vote tally originally, but I could be off.
I was hoping the tally would be done on the 24th to maybe help us more at the table if you guys were to vote it in at mid to upper 60's for a top out.

Won’t know until Feb 8th... Holiday delays in mail screwed up everyone getting their ballots, (some never saw ballots or they’re were damaged)and voting by prev deadline of Jan28th(think), so deadline extended.

I’m sorry Sir but I’m wondering why I’ve been unable to find any news anywhere on this new vote you guys are in the middle of right now?

Not even a news item anywhere on a second TA?

I’m sorry Sir but I’m wondering why I’ve been unable to find any news anywhere on this new vote you guys are in the middle of right now?

Not even a news item anywhere on a second TA?

TYS. And Yes, I do trust the man that was giving me the info.
Congrats to the UPS'ers on another industry setting contract. over 17% DOS and over 32% over the life of the contract.
Glad to see it done for you guys, hopefully we will have something this year too. You guys and us were running the same time period of no contracts, enjoy it gentlemen...

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...ith.html/RK=2/RS=KcBsItuP18eK1XSb2NC4sF19r68-

TYS. And Yes, I do trust the man that was giving me the info.
Congrats to the UPS'ers on another industry setting contract. over 17% DOS and over 32% over the life of the contract.
Glad to see it done for you guys, hopefully we will have something this year too. You guys and us were running the same time period of no contracts, enjoy it gentlemen...

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrEzduJ_l5cGu4AmwtXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEydmkwOGRlBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDQjQwMzdfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1549758217/RO=10/RU=https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2019/02/08/airplane-mechanics-decide-on-new-labor-pact-with.html/RK=2/RS=KcBsItuP18eK1XSb2NC4sF19r68-

You conveniently ignored what the man wrote here though didn’t you.

“Ha!... thx, but every airline executive in the industry would be dancing in the streets if they had the outsourcing, work “rules”(or lack of), and utilization of their mechanics that ups does.
Trust me....”

642EEC1E-B465-40DF-A334-ED36BAC1384C.png

824596A6-1FBE-4B83-93B4-5D0B7DF01CB6.jpeg

I did not ignore that post. I fully read it and it's true. All mechanics in our industry know full well how much UPS outsources. Rather freight or passenger, we all know each others %'s of outsourcing, this is not new news it is well known. If you were a mechanic you would already know this.

787nightmare, Any chance someone could post the new changes? Would like to see where you all landed at top out.
Congrats on your new contract, hope we get one soon...

Looks like we have an AIP. Meeting next week to get it to a T/A. Some highlights provided below:

Joint Memo: AMFA and SWA Agreement in Principle
March 16, 2019 -- After a week of mediation, including many long nights and early mornings, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) and Southwest Airlines have reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on Saturday, March 16, 2019, toward a new collective bargaining agreement. We are very pleased with the efforts of both Teams to find common ground on a new contract that is good for our Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and for Southwest Airlines.

Download: 20190316_AMFA_SWA_Joint_Memo_re_AIP.pdf
Read More

Looks like we have an AIP. Meeting next week to get it to a T/A. Some highlights provided below:

Joint Memo: AMFA and SWA Agreement in Principle
March 16, 2019 -- After a week of mediation, including many long nights and early mornings, the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) and Southwest Airlines have reached an Agreement in Principle (AIP) on Saturday, March 16, 2019, toward a new collective bargaining agreement. We are very pleased with the efforts of both Teams to find common ground on a new contract that is good for our Aircraft Maintenance Technicians and for Southwest Airlines.

Download: 20190316_AMFA_SWA_Joint_Memo_re_AIP.pdf
Read More

I still think that with you guys getting your deal done first really helped us out with our numbers being offered by the co. No way we would have gotten 20% DOS with 160,000,000 in retro, and another 15% for the outgoing years. That's 35% difference just in wages alone.
But, they are asking for International Outsourcing, so we will see.
So thanks again for the industry average going up for us all. Cheers!!!