US AFA Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one phrase proves to me that the West f/a's deserve another LEC President.

She is being coy and manipulative.

And for those that doubt Mr. Flores......he is no ones fool.

That hotline made me sick... several westies are seeing right through council 66s bs. I can't wait to see the details of this scandal. Wish we could all just vote for ONE MEC then this woudn't even be an issue.

There is no proof that the document was taken from Mike Flores case. Just the word of the West mec vp who likes to make mountains out of mole hills. I hate to say this here but a lot of people will be eating crow when it is discovered that there is more to this. I believe Mike Flores is reacting to information fed to him by the West mec vp. Why then did this issue not go way when the West s.t. spoke with Mike and told Mike face to face that he did copy documents that Mike left on the negotiating table for over 4 days. That really did happen and I want to know why Mike Flores filed charges at the beginning of april when he was told by the West mec vp soon after the issue happened in late january. The more I think about this I think Mike Flores is being used and has been put in a situation where he's believing what he's been told with no proof.

It is not right to say someone stole something with no eye witness or other proof. If something was really stolen then the police should have been called and a report filed. Stealing is a crime. If the item was on the negotiating table and was copied with other items then why did it take so long for Mike Flores to file charges. If it was really stolen and a crime happened why did the East mec not support Mike in filing the charges?

There is a ton of holes in this story on all sides. We are only getting tidbits of info. I still believe Mike Flores is being used by the West mes vp and the West mec president and s.t. are being falsly accused for stealing when it is really possible the s.t. copied what was left on the table. All roads lead to the West mec vp. The West mec vp and her best friend have been involved in all of the ousting of all of our mec presidents except for one guy. Strange they are involved with this mess. The theme at afa66 is the West mec vp and her friend the council rep have been tied to all of the attempted recalls which resulted in 2 mec presidents resigning and a very nasty election which ousted the former mec president. That is proof enough until the hearing board happens.

When is the hearing? I spoke with the West mec office yesterday and they have not be notified of a date yet. What is the process for telling the accused people of the hearing date?

C.R.

Karen, Robin, Erin or whoever you are, it is clear you have ties to the office. Souldn't you guys focus on EAP issues, grievances or doing Jeff's job rather than post your half truths on here? It's like you know just enough of the facts to be dangerous, but not accurate or truthful. I guess we should expect that from people who think it is okay to lie and steal.

I took the time to email the MEC VP last week telling her I had some serious questions. What everyone needs to know is that she is going to resign. Yep, that's right, resign. Once the hearing board is done she said no matter what shakes down, she will be resigning. So it seems those saying she is doing this for power are wrong. So with that out of the picture, I'm left to wonder what then would be her motive for tattling on people? I told her I thought all 3 of them should go, and she agreed. That was surprising. I expected an argument.

Also, it was told to me (not by her, but an east person) that she did not go to Mike, he came to her. So it seems he already knew. I guess I'm just at a loss that so many people think it's okay to mess with, move, copy or look at stuff that isn't theirs.

Bravo to Lisa Lecarre and her great hotline. :rolleyes: She has set such an unprofessional, nasty, negative tone for this pile of crap that it is almost comical. That hotline isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I just hope our east co-workers know that we aren't all like that.

Karen, Robin, Erin or whoever you are, it is clear you have ties to the office. Souldn't you guys focus on EAP issues, grievances or doing Jeff's job rather than post your half truths on here? It's like you know just enough of the facts to be dangerous, but not accurate or truthful. I guess we should expect that from people who think it is okay to lie and steal.

I took the time to email the MEC VP last week telling her I had some serious questions. What everyone needs to know is that she is going to resign. Yep, that's right, resign. Once the hearing board is done she said no matter what shakes down, she will be resigning. So it seems those saying she is doing this for power are wrong. So with that out of the picture, I'm left to wonder what then would be her motive for tattling on people? I told her I thought all 3 of them should go, and she agreed. That was surprising. I expected an argument.

Also, it was told to me (not by her, but an east person) that she did not go to Mike, he came to her. So it seems he already knew. I guess I'm just at a loss that so many people think it's okay to mess with, move, copy or look at stuff that isn't theirs.

Bravo to Lisa Lecarre and her great hotline. :rolleyes: She has set such an unprofessional, nasty, negative tone for this pile of crap that it is almost comical. That hotline isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I just hope our east co-workers know that we aren't all like that.
Well, she needs to step down, and so does Jeff. Only question is how can Dorene run the show all by herself? Elections take awhile. There's the nomination process, then the election itself. We would be lucky to have new people by August.

As an outsider who has some very good friends who work for US Airways--f/as and ground--I want to put in my (unasked for) two cents. There is no point in East vs. West squabbling among the f/as. You are not going to have a new contract until the pilots have a new contract.

The sticking point is the "me too" provisions of your current contract. That may only be a feature of the current East contract, but no matter. The company can use it to drag its feet on negotiations. The East vs. West squabble only gives the company a smokescreen.

Here at AA negotiations (for us f/as) are proceeding on contract articles that don't mean a lot in the long run, but the important stuff--like pay, for instance--is not being decided. In the current economic climate, it is to the advantage of EVERY unionized airline to stay with the current contracts as long as possible because the RLA says they stay in effect until new contracts are ratified. None of them want to give any of us a raise, and they know that in the court of public opinion they can not deny us a raise in any new contract given the exorbitant bonusses they have all given themselves while the rest of us were working under concessionary contracts as a result of 9/11.

I don't know if there is a way to get the companies to get serious about bargaining, but giving them an excuse (East vs. West infighting) doesn't help. And, in your case the "me too" is biting you in the fanny right now.

Try to put pressure on the board

I'm obviously missing something here, but how is waiting putting pressure on the Board? Also, isn't the first duty of officers to consider those they represent? I guess that is where I am somewhat confused.

I'm obviously missing something here, but how is waiting putting pressure on the Board? Also, isn't the first duty of officers to consider those they represent? I guess that is where I am somewhat confused.
Quit or bust, trying to align allies to see who is in her corner. She needs votes the threat to quit is all she has. Cleaning house could be in order

What Doreen needs to do is GET OUT!!!

The sooner the better so the west union can move on.
======================================================
Quoting:

"I took the time to email the MEC VP last week telling her I had some serious questions. What everyone needs to know is that she is going to resign. Yep, that's right, resign. Once the hearing board is done she said no matter what shakes down, she will be resigning. So it seems those saying she is doing this for power are wrong. So with that out of the picture, I'm left to wonder what then would be her motive for tattling on people? I told her I thought all 3 of them should go, and she agreed. That was surprising. I expected an argument."

=======================================================

The very fact that she is not immediatly stepping down is THE ARGUMENT! It is passive agressive 101. It is the manipulators way of trying to remain relevant and alot worse. You just got played.

AND

If you find something like this surprising then you are probably also surprised at the end of a mystery when the sleuth reveals "the butler did it!" come on now. She couldn't get her way and now she wants to take everyone down with her. "Once the hearing is done" Ha! what a load of turd. She should step down now and be done with it. Mikey wants her let her suck up to that bastian of West sympathy. I remember so well how hard he fought for the West FA's to have anything to do with profit sharing. Nice. Thanks Doreen and Tim. Your memories will be written in mud.

BTW, selling a slimey lie is much easier to do over the phone. You've never met her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back