US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

Another question, if this agreement is ratified , does that mean the change of control grievance will be dropped. Did not see anything about "change of control" dropped anywhere. If it does mean it is bartered is this the better deal? I don't think so. I also did not see double time in the Iam realease. So in reality it is less than 2 bucks an hour more.

Good for you that's a start....

how about the rest of this group...can we pull it off

I say start the VOTE NO campaign in your city...and let's get the word spread........system wide.....

And we really need the hubs help on this come on PHX-LAS-CLT-PHL...enough of this managements B.S. is enough..

Vote NO!! You got one here in PHX

Another question, if this agreement is ratified , does that mean the change of control grievance will be dropped. Did not see anything about "change of control" dropped anywhere. If it does mean it is bartered is this the better deal? I don't think so. I also did not see double time in the Iam realease. So in reality it is less than 2 bucks an hour more.
Yes it states that if ratified...the change of control will be dropped and yes your are right...no double time or full pay for sick time...total B#*LL S%#T....

The company will again make out like fat cats on our backs yet again....

Good for you that's a start....

how about the rest of this group...can we pull it off

I say start the VOTE NO campaign in your city...and let's get the word spread........system wide.....

And we really need the hubs help on this come on PHX-LAS-CLT-PHL...enough of this managements B.S. is enough..

Have a NO Vote Here in PHX, VOTE NO!!!

I searched the sumary and could not find anything about the actual amount of any salary increases for those of us in my shoes, toped out fleet service employee in a class one station ? Did anyone else find a link that covers this ?

Thanks

LGA777

CLT vote NO!!!! The vacation sucks. A lot of us have that week or will be getting it in a very short time so nothing gained there for most. The 22% increase for SOME would be peanuts for those of us who are topped out in the East. The snap back in 2012 is a carrot dangling that they don't ever plan to pay anyway. I need things now not later. If I buy a lottery ticket I MAY win millions. If I vote yes I MAY get these 2012 items. Still half pay for sick days. B***S***T. The company will be dancing in the streets if this passes. They have the votes in the pocket though as the West is looking for some well deserved raises finally and the class 2 stations are feeling better. The 60 day rule is finally gone as it never should have been allowed in the first place. These bankruptcy laws need to be changed. As I see it they're probably planning another one for around Nov. 2011. They needed to move the vacation accrual where they did but leave another week at the 25th year. Sick day full pay. Snapbacks now and Pension increase now. The delay in pension contributions of a dime is a now. Make it 10 cents now and 10 cents on each Jan.1 for the duration. The time for a NO is now and a 100% YES on the strike vote. Believe me the company does not want to go to court as their own paperwork they filed during the injunction says all that needs to be said about whether or not they owe us the money. Their words to the Judge state if the language isn't removed it would cost them 625 million. They know it. If we vote no they will quickly up the ante so they can avoid the court date. STAND STRONG!!

Does Anyone know the numbers as far as hourly rates ??? I notice that all the updates and postings have no mention of the numbers and that in itself should worry people.If the negotiating team brought back a good figure I'm sure they would have posted it ASAP. 22% increase in some cases probably amounts to the individual making $9.00hr. ,giving him a raise of apx. $2.00hr...so bringing him or her up to $11.00hr...theres' the 22% increase.I'm guessing the topped out employee will receive a .15 cent or .50 raise, and 50% sick pay is ridiculous. I've called out once in the past 2 years due to the new policy (can't afford to)...and I only have 35days in the bank..thier saying if you have 150days in the bank you'll receive 100% pay for a sick call.....Well congrats to the man or woman who has 15 years sen.
or better and hasn't called out once. 15years x 10sick days a year =150 sick days in bank.....Please read the proposal and I urge people to vote it down...lets' go to the Arbitraitor.
Thanks
<_< <_<

If the 60 day clause is removed, it should cover those on furlough who still retain recall rights. Most of us have just under 2 years left to exercise them. Most, if not all of the noise on this subject has come from those effected by it. To the best of my knowledge there haven't been any significant furloughs in Fleet since the outsourcing of the class 2 stations on 2005.
Congrats to the agents that got sacrificed during the 2005 outsourcing. I would hope that the elimination of the 60 day rule applies to us. Personally I'm not ready to fill a transfer form but it sure makes for a hell of a plan B in case present employment tanks

"Your negotiating committee unanimously recommends ratification of this agreement. "

Those are the words of the IAM .... This is what you HAVE , unless you elect new IAM leaders they are most likely NOT going to get you a better contract than this ..... This is what they did ,this is what you got ....

I personally do not like the sick pay which i think is BS.... and i'm dissapointed to see no double overtime ... but i'll wait till i see the payscale

i DO however like that our stations and cargo are now protected , along with getting rid of that crappy 60 day rule ...

For those of you who think you should gamble the next few years away with the arbitration award i say to you , think twice ,it;s easy to belive your going to win , but reality is far different , and much colder when things don't turn out your way ...

I was ready to jump for join when i saw the posting , but now i think i'll just sit and think for awhile , i really did expect better ...

US
For all of you out there that want to vote no you dont truely see the big picture.
This is a good first start. It gives us back many things we lost and deserve.
getting rid of the 60 day rule is something I am so glad is gone. The added week of vacation is also a plus. If you say no and it doesnt pass than we stick with this crap they call a contract.
remember if we go for it all and win in arbitration the company has already stated it will file to stop that award. So we just stay with this crappy pay and contract till who knows when.
Its not the best of the best but it is a start. Its fool hardy to be as greedy as our mangment is.
If this passes when we come back in 2010 than we have a better position to negoate from to get an even better contract.
Do look for short term goals here guys and gals, I for one think this is better than I expected.

US
For all of you out there that want to vote no you dont truely see the big picture.
This is a good first start. It gives us back many things we lost and deserve.
getting rid of the 60 day rule is something I am so glad is gone. The added week of vacation is also a plus. If you say no and it doesnt pass than we stick with this crap they call a contract.
remember if we go for it all and win in arbitration the company has already stated it will file to stop that award. So we just stay with this crappy pay and contract till who knows when.
Its not the best of the best but it is a start. Its fool hardy to be as greedy as our mangment is.
If this passes when we come back in 2010 than we have a better position to negoate from to get an even better contract.
Do look for short term goals here guys and gals, I for one think this is better than I expected.
What you fail to realize is that you already have 4 weeks of vacation in your POS agreement you have now....so you are not getting an extra week.....come people wake up

I agree with Piney on this one. If your IAM leadership was looking out for your best interest, why wouldn't they want to wait until the change of control situation is resolved? I'm under the impression that that would be more in everyone's best interest.