US Airways And IAM Reach Tentative Agreement For 7,700 Fleet Service Employees

With regards to the "up to" 22% pay increase, how does that work. I presume only the people at the low-end of the payscale would see such an increase, what about somebody who is already topped out?

I agree with Piney on this one. If your IAM leadership was looking out for your best interest, why wouldn't they want to wait until the change of control situation is resolved? I'm under the impression that that would be more in everyone's best interest.

How can you figure that would be in everyones intrest. That award would only be for east employees.
So I guess we just screw them. They have been underpaid a lot longer than us.

The people at the low end could see upwards of a 50 percent increase because their wages v. doh are much lower. I see it as under 2 bucks an hour for topped out employees a little more for leads. Not much of a difference, about 16.00 a day, minus taxes, trump change.

The people at the low end could see upwards of a 50 percent increase because their wages v. doh are much lower. I see it as under 2 bucks an hour for topped out employees a little more for leads. Not much of a difference, about 16.00 a day, minus taxes, trump change.

Certainly not as much as the good old days. Much better than the 4% Delta gave their non-pilot employees after we exited Chapter 11, although Delta does give back 15% of yearly profit as profit-sharing versus LCC's 10%.

The IAM summary needs to address seniority and show pay scales.

Are they ashamed of what was agreed to on these issues?

http://www.iam141.org/usairway.htm#usa.08.10.07
It looks pretty lame to me after all we have given up........No full sick pay.....no more holidays.....no double time......come on!

A mere drop in a bucket compared to what the company would have to pay should we win the change in control grievance...

I say it's time we as a group grow a set of balls and .....VOTE NO.....and get real leverage against this greedy management team....

Come on guys and gals this is where we separate the men and women from the boys and girls......we have waited this long......let's show this management we will not continue to let them reward themselves on the backs of our hard work and past and present sacrifices.......

I SAY VOTE NO-------- :down:

HELLO FROM THE LOW END!!!! :up: yeah!!!

Here she comes now sayin' Money Money
Shoot 'em down turn around come on Money
Hey she give me love and I feel all right now
Come on you gotta toss and turn
And feel all right, yeah I feel all right
I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel
So good, so good, so good
So fine, so fine
It's all mine, well I feel all right
I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Well you could shake it Money Money
Shot gun dead and I'll come on home yeah
Don't stop cookin' 'cause I feel all right now
Don't stop now come on Money
Come on yeah, I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel
So good, so good
Well I feel all right
You're so fine, you're so fine
You're, and I feel all right
I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I love you Mony mo-mo-moneey
I love you Mony mo-mo-money sure I do
I love you Mony mo-mo-mony sure I do
I love you Mony mo-mo-moneey sure I do
I love you Mony mo-mo-money
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, come on
Come on, come on
Feel all right, I said yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah

Wake it, shake it Money Money
Up, down, turn around, come on money
Hey she give me love and I feel all right now
Don't stop now come on Money
Come on, I said yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel
So good, so good, so good
Feel all right, all right
Well I feel all right
I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Ride your pony, ride your pony
Ride your pony come on, come on
Money Money
Feel all right, I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yes, there is no reference to trades, drops, holidays and wages. Hopefully, the informational meetings make this clear. Again as the union has suggested long ago, there are "Trigger Dates" into the entire picture. I, for one, would not give credit to either company/union and more so into the initial plan of the merger partners. I will be very cautious into lowering our expectations of this radification of both parties. The Pax service got a very lucrative set of conditions very soon into the merger. I would assume this is what we will probably accept. What can we accept assuming the fate the the U.S. A. is headed. It will only lead to a diluting of the Americans vs global challenges. But! We'll get by.

The whisper top out wage is $19.00 per hour.Supposedly the IAM says that it will not accept anything else.The crap about the paid holidays and sick time is enough reason for every senior East employee to vote against this.This is an insult to our whole work force.

The whisper top out wage is $19.00 per hour.Supposedly the IAM says that it will not accept anything else.The crap about the paid holidays and sick time is enough reason for every senior East employee to vote against this.This is an insult to our whole work force.

i'm going to take this moment to point out something , you still have a job .. did you forget about our brothers and sisters on Furlough ... Remember them ? If i'm correct didn't the east vote to give them the boot , and then to add insult to injury stick that 60 day clause in the contract ? remember that ??

This proposal while not the greatest for the east memebers is still not THAT bad , why ? because it protects JOBS ... i've said it before , you can go back and read my old posts , i've always said it , i CARE about our filed stations EAST and WEST , and under this they will be protected along with our cargo operations ... That's not a small thing, so don't be so dissmisve of it ..

<_< Ok, so I viewed the tentative contract, and while it is nice to see that there is room for a raise, it doesn't spell out how much or what it will be based on. I am also pleased to see that there is a provision for my job security as I am employed at one of the "affected" field stations. Aside from that, this whole thing is WAY too vague. I can't believe it has taken all this time to come up with a page and a half of vagueness. Nothing is clear...or perhaps it is as clear as a foggy day in 'Frisco....hmmmm.

Latest posts