Us Airways, Attendants Reportedly Near Pact

You guys are not understanding. There was already a vacant seat on the committee (Mollie would allow it to be filled) When Perry was ousted and Teddy became MEC President Elect she came in on negotiations. In fact, the MEC had to have a procedure or motion to put Perry on the negotiating committee so he would not loose his seat. Both Teddy and Perry CURRENTLY are on the negotiation team. I know what the heck I am talking about. There was even an E-line that came out about this.
So we have Mollie, Teddy, Perry and Carol then Clair Burt from AFA International.

700UW said:
Your information is not correct.

Perry is still leading negotiations, his term is not over until the end of the year. Then Teddy will assume the MEC Presidency.

Better go check your information
[post="227412"][/post]​
700, sorry you are incorrect. Nov 10, 2004

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_271224.html

The MEC yesterday selected Teddy Xidas, president of AFA Local 40 in Pittsburgh, as its new president. Xidas was selected on a second ballot by a vote of 4-0, with two abstentions, McCarthy said.

Xidas will replace Perry Hayes, who had been serving as president since 2002. Challenged by Xidas and two other candidates, Hayes dropped out after the first ballot.

Although Xidas won't officially begin her three-year term until January, she will be invited to participate in some if not all negotiations with the company, said Mike Flores, president of AFA Local 89 in Charlotte, N.C., and an MEC member.

Xidas has frequently criticized US Airways and its concession demands in public, but said yesterday that she would not attempt to derail negotiations.

"We will continue to work diligently to come to a tentative agreement with the company," Xidas said.

I am telling you for a fact Teddy is not on the Negotiating Committee, she is an observer.

Are you at CCY? Have you talked to the AFA Negotiating Committee?

Perry, after he is no longer MEC President will fill the open negotiating committee slot, then Teddy will assume the MEC President Slot on the committee.

Straight from the horses mouth.

Who ever said Teddy had a VOTE? She is ON the negotiating committee period. She can hang around the table like mistletow for all I care... she is still "in" on the negotiations. I know from a very good company source that they do include Teddy in on certain things as she will be taking over. If you think her opinion and contributions don't hold weight because she is "observing" your mistaken.
I was just responding to you stating that Teddy was not on the negotiating team, when she really is.

Well I know she is making comments on certain things, but technically she is not on it, and that is from her mouth.

Teddy, has frequently challenged anyone with a 'mind' of their own. Teddy frequently challenges anyone who has a modus operendi other than hers. Determine 'Teddy's' M.O. and you can anticipate what the TA will look like...strong pressure for funds for a buy-out...less pressure for real changes at airways.

But, I'll give 'Teddy' a break. All on the negotiating committee should have their issues examined. Keep in mind, beyond Molly, who has a lifeline connected to the property, this will be their last negotiation. The buy-out funds will be limited. Do not count on them trickling down past the mid 80's. The rest will be left with the bulk of the 'negotiations'.

That the FAs (through their reps) would even talk with US management shows what utter fools they be. Management at US has demonstrated convincingly that any "agreement" reached will be nothing more than a sham that management will honor only at their whim. And after management has succeeded in squandering every dollar gained at the expense of the FAs, (which they will) they will go to court to have the agreement/contract invalidated, unless of course you are foolish enough to voluntarily allow it to be "thrown out the window."

It's long past time to face the truth -- you are dealing with people who have lost all credibility and cannot be trusted. Moreover, based on past precedent, your belief that you are saving your jobs is very likely a pipedream and even if you do succeed in saving some jobs, do you really want to endure the h*** that your jobs will be inasmuch as management will be further emboldened by your acquiescence to exploit you in every which way they choose?

Flame the messenger if you wish, but it's time, now more than ever, to call management's bluff on their threat to liquidate; even if it's not a bluff and they do liquidate, what may I ask do you stand to lose at this point?

Flame the messenger? How about an honest reply?

Do you really think that AFA can just do nothing, and that will be a better outcome? Why do you think your reps, other employee groups, financial institutions, lenders, & judge Mitchell are doing what they are doing, and saying what they are saying.

Do you live under a rock? The world has changed, your options are limited, and most people look at a response and attitude like yours and shake their head in disbelief, wondering how out-of-touch folks like you are.

No one likes what is going on, but they are honest enough to admit it, and couragous enough to stand up and do something about it...something rational that is.

If you don't like it here, leave, there is nothing keeping you or I from doing that.

Is there anything you don't understand about that concept? Shutting the company down because you are angry is not the answer, and the majority of your fellow employees do not support that, in fact, we are getting tired of hearing this kind of whinning and complaining.

Become a part of the solution, or take a hike....

Have a nice life.

Tango-Bravo said:
That the FAs (through their reps) would even talk with US management shows what utter fools they be...Flame the messenger if you wish, but it's time, now more than ever, to call management's bluff on their threat to liquidate; even if it's not a bluff and they do liquidate, what may I ask do you stand to lose at this point?
[post="227468"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Why be surpirsed when I told you Sunday morning the parties were close to a TA?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227205"][/post]​

Is that a serious question?

For one thing I would guess maybe if you are lucky 1% of the readers don't take what you say worth a grain of salt.

Why

Because 99% of the time you are wrong and you make so many statements and conflicting statements that no one knows what you said last.

The only thing worth reading of yours is the links to articles everything else is worthless desperate attempts to save your job by swaying peoples beliefs and to massage your huge ego

Tango-Bravo said:
That the FAs (through their reps) would even talk with US management shows what utter fools they be.

[post="227468"][/post]​

Someone else is the fool if they think the judge would do anything but rule in the companies favor regarding abrogating the contract if the reps didn't sit down with the company.

USAirBoyA330 said:
700UW-

Teddy is on the negotiating committee. There was a vacant seat on the team and it was filled by Teddy she became MEC Elect and unseated Perry.
[post="227406"][/post]​
USAIRBoy- Check out your information source because they're passing out the wrong info. Teddy is NOT NOT NOT on the negotiating committee. You'd know it if she was. :)

Tango, its called intelligence, buisness, smart..... amazing how some stick their heads in the sand....

USAirBoyA330 said:
You guys are not understanding. There was already a vacant seat on the committee (Mollie would allow it to be filled) When Perry was ousted and Teddy became MEC President Elect she came in on negotiations. In fact, the MEC had to have a procedure or motion to put Perry on the negotiating committee so he would not loose his seat. Both Teddy and Perry CURRENTLY are on the negotiation team. I know what the heck I am talking about. There was even an E-line that came out about this.
So we have Mollie, Teddy, Perry and Carol then Clair Burt from AFA International.
[post="227438"][/post]​

Folks,

don't know where you get your info....but Teddy is in this week as an "observer" only. She is not permitted to speak. However, she does caucus with the committee, but has absolutely NO vote on anything...except when and IF a T/A comes to the MEC table.

Hey, have a nice day! B)

Back