Us Airways, Attendants Reportedly Near Pact

7.5victim said:
This is why union leaders have credibility issues. One day they scream for a strike, the next they turn around and work out a concessionary deal. It's obvious that they saw the handwriting on the wall even before the last big meeting in PIT. Union leadership knew that a strike would kill the airline, yet they presented a false front to the membership. :huh:
[post="227153"][/post]​

Bull ####!

The Committee is making progress BECAUSE of the strike threat.

Finish or Ignore said:
To A320 and 7.5

I feel the strike vote certainly helped the unions in their quest for a concessionary deal with the company. IMO that was the intent the whole time.
[post="227172"][/post]​

There was no progress and no movement by the company without AFA's strike CHAOS stance...

Why?

Cause we have had it!!!!

USAirBoyA330 said:
700UW-

Teddy is on the negotiating committee. There was a vacant seat on the team and it was filled by Teddy she became MEC Elect and unseated Perry.
[post="227406"][/post]​

Actually, this is not true. The extra seat on the neg. committee was filled by Perry Hayes starting Jan. 2005. Teddy was only invited to "observe"; not participate.

Justair said:
700, sorry you are incorrect. Nov 10, 2004

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_271224.html

The MEC yesterday selected Teddy Xidas, president of AFA Local 40 in Pittsburgh, as its new president. Xidas was selected on a second ballot by a vote of 4-0, with two abstentions, McCarthy said.

Xidas will replace Perry Hayes, who had been serving as president since 2002. Challenged by Xidas and two other candidates, Hayes dropped out after the first ballot.

Although Xidas won't officially begin her three-year term until January, she will be invited to participate in some if not all negotiations with the company, said Mike Flores, president of AFA Local 89 in Charlotte, N.C., and an MEC member.

Xidas has frequently criticized US Airways and its concession demands in public, but said yesterday that she would not attempt to derail negotiations.

"We will continue to work diligently to come to a tentative agreement with the company," Xidas said.
[post="227443"][/post]​

Mike "overspoke" in his statement, as he is new to the MEC. Teddy only caucus' with the Neg. team, but does not have a vote on the team nor participates in negotiations with the company.

USAirBoyA330 said:
Who ever said Teddy had a VOTE? She is ON the negotiating committee period. She can hang around the table like mistletow for all I care... she is still "in" on the negotiations. I know from a very good company source that they do include Teddy in on certain things as she will be taking over. If you think her opinion and contributions don't hold weight because she is "observing" your mistaken.
I was just responding to you stating that Teddy was not on the negotiating team, when she really is.
[post="227450"][/post]​

Actually, this is partially correct. Teddy has as much "weight" with the neg. committee, as she did before she was elected to the MEC for Jan.

In fact, the genesis for the "Vol. open furlough", "good faith commuter policy" and the "one free late check in/ no discipline", came from her.

daybeforecommuter said:
Teddy, has frequently challenged anyone with a 'mind' of their own. Teddy frequently challenges anyone who has a modus operendi other than hers. Determine 'Teddy's' M.O. and you can anticipate what the TA will look like...strong pressure for funds for a buy-out...less pressure for real changes at airways.

But, I'll give 'Teddy' a break. All on the negotiating committee should have their issues examined. Keep in mind, beyond Molly, who has a lifeline connected to the property, this will be their last negotiation. The buy-out funds will be limited. Do not count on them trickling down past the mid 80's. The rest will be left with the bulk of the 'negotiations'.
[post="227459"][/post]​

Wrong a-gain!

The furlough is open" to all f/as who are active on the property. If too many bid for this...it will be staggered. I suspect the most junior and the most senior will want to take it because the $10,000 is basically like 4 months severance for a 5-6-7 yr f/a. Also, the fear of displacements may trigger a junior exist.
All will have a choice if the MEC votes to take out a T/A.

If many f/as do take it...it may create a "recall" for those who have been Invol furloughed and have been out there. This will move the senior reserves up to line holders quicker than waiting for any growth by "mainline". I suspect many will retire, too. This will move up the senior reserves to line holders, as well.

PITbull said:
Folks,

don't know where you get your info....but Teddy is in this week as an "observer" only. She is not permitted to speak. However, she does caucus with the committee, but has absolutely NO vote on anything...except when and IF a T/A comes to the MEC table.

Hey, have a nice day! B)
[post="227662"][/post]​

Cool, Teddy's a lobbyist!! :up: :up: . Girl, I think you found your calling. :)

The furlough is open" to all f/as who are active on the property. If too many bid for this...it will be staggered. I suspect the most junior and the most senior will want to take it because the $10,000 is basically like 4 months severance for a 5-6-7 yr f/a. Also, the fear of displacements may trigger a junior exist.
All will have a choice if the MEC votes to take out a T/A.

If many f/as do take it...it may create a "recall" for those who have been Invol furloughed and have been out there. This will move the senior reserves up to line holders quicker than waiting for any growth by "mainline". I suspect many will retire, too. This will move up the senior reserves to line holders, as well.

OK Pitbull...answer me this...how bad does it look for those Involuntary Furloughed F/A's that wish to return? Many of us are waiting with baited breath to see if this proposed "C - Scale" is going to make it into the T/A? I'm speaking about the new pay Scale that would top out Involuntarily Furloughed F/A's upon their return at $24.50 an hour!

If this makes it into the Final T/A and comes to pass...do you really think many F/A's that had been on the property before would really return? I DOUBT IT! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Furthermore, this will most definitely create another ugly rift and add yet another "sub-division" to an already divided Group of Employees. Just what US Airways needs...more "tiers" to divide what SHOULD be one unified workforce.

Flyguy,

No C scale. The wage will be what is currently being negotiated for ALL f/as.

The earlier proposal that was posted way back in Aug. and Sept. has changed substantially, and that "pay Scale" for the returnees is OFF the table.

700UW-

How 3rd grade....why don't you yell Naah-Nanny-Boo-Boo as well during your childish outburst :rolleyes:
We as AFA members can only go on the information we are given. Heck Local 70 President doesn't even call into her own office to keep her staff informed so, they don't have any information to give out to the largest base. Her own staff complains about her behind closed doors and she will soon find herself flying the line again. But anyway ... when LEC members send out E-lines with skewed info, we take it at face value most of the time. I still stand behind my statement that even thought she may not have a vote, Teddy holds major weight as an observer. I know in some respects they would rather deal with her than Mollie.
I think it's great the company dropped the "C" scale issue as it would only cause hard feelings upon return of the furloughed flight attendants. Maybe bringing in Teddy was the smartest move so far. At least we know 2 things....

1. She will fight for us
2. She will communicate

How about?

Neener Neener Neener.

I posted the correct information, you tried to refute me, I posted further clarification and you still doubted me.

And if you don't have a sense of humor then I suggest you stop reading this board.

Why am I even bothering with you? You care too much about being right all the time and please... I have a great sense of humor and could not deal with my job otherwise.
I was correct and you were correct. I never said she had a vote....I said she is "in" on negotiations. But from your past history I can see I just need to give you a victory bone so you can go chew it and savor that for a while.

Have a good day..... :D

Back