US Airways CEO hints more airline consolidation may be ahead

In other words he stated it correctly and you say differing things depending on the audience. Did I get that correct?

He has still avoided the answer and still has not admitted the the GAG/MEC gave more then the ask in the first Chapter 11 case.

Back to the top!

B)-->QUOTE(Todd B @ Jul 13 2006, 07:42 AM) [post="396151"][/post]

This topic is about US Airways CEO hints more airline consolidation may be ahead and not usa320. Keep on the topic or this thread will be closed.
[/quote]

So let's start a thread that is about USA320's attempts at intimidation on this forum. He has PMed me several times to try to get me to give him my Name and Payroll number. He constantly badgers other poster's to answer his questions and then cleverly avoids all questions directed at him. Would you have a problem with such a thread? If so why?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Todd B @ Jul 13 2006, 07:42 AM) [post="396151"][/post]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
This topic is about US Airways CEO hints more airline consolidation may be ahead and not usa320. Keep on the topic or this thread will be closed.
So let's start a thread that is about USA320's attempts at intimidation on this forum. He has PMed me several times to try to get me to give him my Name and Payroll number. He constantly badgers other poster's to answer his questions and then cleverly avoids all questions directed at him. Would you have a problem with such a thread? If so why?

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you send a PM to Todd and ask that question. He may not see it here.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Todd B @ Jul 13 2006, 07:42 AM) [post="396151"][/post]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Eyes role at just the mention of his name!

This is not a suggestion that there is any truth to this...I don't think a UA/US merger will happen at this point, but the 3 LA-based UA flight attendants (I know, big whoop) on my flight today said that a UA/US merger is the hot rumor with them currently. They said no one is talking about CO--they think that would be a nightmare merger.

I agree. I was very surprised. the products being offered bu UA and US are so completely different I think a merger would work. Could you imagine what Tempe would do to PS service? Or how about UA FC to Asia where it competes with Singapore Airlines.

I agree. I was very surprised. the products being offered bu UA and US are so completely different I think a merger would work. Could you imagine what Tempe would do to PS service? Or how about UA FC to Asia where it competes with Singapore Airlines.
What I heard on the line today was that CO really wants UA but the feeling is not mutual, and that UA is "packaging" itself to go back into BK to merge with US. Wild huh?

That IS wild. I would have loved to have seen a UA/US merger. I just don't see it working now. UA's product is so dramatically different at this point. Would US be the Low Cost domestic arm of the international UA brand? I have decided to do as many transcons on UA as possible rather on US because the service is just so much better but at the same cost. These FA's did say, and I have no idea whether this true, but apparently Tilton's contract will be up and whoever the buying/merging entity is will be in charge--which is exactly what Tempe will require/demand.

(i meant to say in my other post that I DON't think a merger with UA would work at this point)

Latest posts