US Airways Customer's Opinions and Comments

The fact that you ignore Barbell, is that Doug Parker LIED. Plain and Simple. He told the customers that the DM program would be better, not worse and he has only made it worse. And, the people he has hurt most are the US1's.

Maybe a more accurate description would be DP didn't meet your expectations of "better". I don't know much about the DM program...but I do know you can't make everyone happy. I think Barbell hit it on the head with the word "tweak" see the response and tweak somemore until you've found a happy medium. US Airways is not out to intentionally screw anyone...that would be financial suicide in the current airline environment. The merger is still in it's infancy. Spring and Summer are nearing. If we don't do well during this period I would say there is need for concern.

No one called you a liar. I merely pointed out that you had lied by omitting facts. I apologize if you feel that we started a name-calling match.

If you feel that you aren't valued, and you've expressed that concern, then you aren't. Please enjoy UA's superior product at our expense.

And I haven't ignored a thing. Things are in the crapper right now. No one's denying that. Plain and simple, though, many of the things that were rumored to be going away haven't. The Snack Basket is staying. Envoy Class is Envoy Class. HP Elites have a higher tier to use in CP, US Preferreds no longer need to pay for upgrades. And, God forbid, we keep the opportunity to sell that coveted F class seat by asking your companion to upgrade at the gate. I'm truly sorry you don't like the changes that have been made, but you really aren't telling the whole story in your posts. Unfortunately, prior m/Management kept the kitty box too open in too many areas, and you rightly became accustomed to them. These things do cost money, and they will further hurt the financial health of this company far more than losing a few disillusioned FFs. Don't shoot the messenger.

You are wrong, plain and simple. US Preferreds never paid for upgrades. We got unlimited upgrades--from US1's to US3's.

You are as shortsighted as the management in Tempe. What you forget about is that if a US1 upgrades a companion, that companion is likely paying the same B or Y fare that I am paying. Without companion upgrades, we go to an airline that will allow my companion to upgrade with me at my window. The seats are capacity controlled for upgrades so your argument fails. The only people that may lose out because of my companion are Plats or US2's or US3's. We aren't asking them to open upgrade inventory. Once again, Tempe is only half thinking it out.

What is the rest of the story Barbell. Why don't you tell us about the great changes to the DM program. Tell us how the US program was made better? Tell us how they changes they made are saving the company money and not costing them money? Let's hear the story instead of you just saying I am leaving out the details. I'm listening.....

As a gold member, which I guess is US2? :), I have to say on most of my flights and the upgrading has been pretty good. I usually don't have trouble getting a F seat (except between PHL-BOS, PHL-PIT, and PIT-Transcon).

So, I look at it this way, at least we are getting treated better than in the back. And if once in a while I have to sit in 12F for a two hour flight to CLT, well, that's ok. Those people in the front have higher status or paid more for the seat and that's good for USAir, which is good for the elites.....remember we want this airline to survive.

There are lots of things they could do to spruce up the F product that would be very inexpensive.

1. The snack basket is fine...its all most people want on a two hour flight anyways. But look, in the long run glassware is cheaper than plastic and causes much less waste...so, bring it back.

2. Clean up the darn jets. A ten minute cruise in the front cabin is all it takes. If USAir is going to spend the cash on leather F seats, then just take care of them.

Truthfully, if you do both these things, it would keep some of the more vocal critics quiet. I fly DL just as much and while the service is marginally better, US flies where I need to go, and I'm just happy the carrier is still flying. Now, if you can bring PIT-FRA back and clean up PHL, I'll never complain again:)

As a gold member, which I guess is US2? :), I have to say on most of my flights and the upgrading has been pretty good. I usually don't have trouble getting a F seat (except between PHL-BOS, PHL-PIT, and PIT-Transcon).

That's why they should be scared. If US2's with a 4 level program are easily getting upgrades, that means the US1's are jumping ship.

And Eric, you must not know a lot about the DM program because they have not made any improvements. I keep listing what they have done to ruin it and no one from Tempe can tell us how they improved it or kept it the same.

From the HP website:

How will the change affect US Airways' Dividend Miles and the America West FlightFund programs?
No immediate merger-related changes to our award-winning FlightFund program are scheduled to take place, but after the merger closes, FlightFund and US Airways' Dividend Miles program will be combined to create the industry's premier frequent flyer program. Of course, all miles earned in either program prior to the creation of the new program will retain their full value for redemption on the combined carrier.

Members of both carriers' frequent flyer programs will be pleased to know that the new airline will select the best features and amenities of Dividend Miles and FlightFund to create the world's leading loyalty program. From earning opportunities through travel, credit card, and other unique partnerships, to modern, effortless redemption processes, the new program will leverage the experience of two of the industry's best programs.

FlightFund and Dividend Miles members are encouraged to ensure that their current email address is on file with each airline to ensure timely notification of changes to each program.

So, again, tell me why they didn't lie? The merged program is certainly not what they promised.

That's why they should be scared. If US2's with a 4 level program are easily getting upgrades, that means the US1's are jumping ship.

And Eric, you must not know a lot about the DM program because they have not made any improvements. I keep listing what they have done to ruin it and no one from Tempe can tell us how they improved it or kept it the same.

From the HP website:

undefined2

So, again, tell me why they didn't lie? The merged program is certainly not what they promised.

This US2 pays 1,100 twice a month to fly PIT-BOS. I don't think I'm the problem. ;)

If I call into Customer Relations I EXPECT an answer, even if the answer is "Drop dead we're not doing it". If I don't get one in what I consider a timely fashion then I go a different way. Now I've refrained fron commenting up until now. But if I e-mail CR today I would expect a response prior to next thursday.

Then, by all means, please put us to the test. Call 800-363-2542, and select the prompts to lead you into the America West side (you'll know it when you hear it, if you don't already). Please post your findings here.

Piney, if you are on hold for 2 hours, just keep holding...they'll eventually pick up.

Mr. Incredible is rushing to stop a robbery before sliding into his wedding to the future Mrs. Incredible. But doubts are cast on his ability to complete the task at hand. Why? Well, a little old lady steps out into the middle of the street, causing his high-speed chase to careen to a full stop, to implore him to get her cat out of a tree. Now, near anyone could have done this task, but she just had to get the busiest person to stop and do it. He did stop the robbery as well, because he's Mr. Incredible, but at a cost of doing something for the common good. The Incredibles they ain't, but they can't respond to every single complaint personally that crosses their desks, either.

And this relates to this post how?? And for the money we pay they most certainly CAN respond to every single complaint personally that crosses their desks...and they MUST!!

No disrespect but for now I'll call the US Airways office of consumer affairs number that is the devil I know versus the one I don't. And I'm getting ready to call regarding the crap house DM service center.

Bob,

Good luck with that. Ley us know how it goes and what language they're speaking this week, because I'm sure they've figured out how to outsource that call center, too.

Hey, Barbell! Great film anology there. Whatcha renting next week?

Barbell, just want to be sure you completely understand. In years of flying, it has been rare that I have had to raise any issues with consumer affairs. Of late, that's just not the case. My three calls and multiple emails seeking responses to questions have gone un-returned. Both complaints I filed about the DM program and about poor service I received haven't been responded to either.

There's no excuse for that. None.

No one wants CCY back, but they did one thing right--they responded EVERYTIME you gave them a comment or concern. You never were ignored. This management pretends to be customer friendly and is just the opposite. I cannot believe that you would simply elect to ignore your best customers, play the situation out, and see where the dust settles. (Maybe that is why they are telling us to pardon their dust--they are making so much of it we are all choking.)

Delta learned that lesson awhile back. And, UA learned that it is much harder to get back customers you lost because of service problems.

The lack of response to big customers is suicidal in any business where there is competition. What's a US1 worth to the company?...say 70 flights/yr at a conservative average of $400 each? $28,000! I know I spend nearly twice that on this airline and have for years.

If I drop $100/week at a restaurant they fall all over themselves to keep me happy. If I buy at $35,000 car every 6 years, the dealer and the manufacturer will always answer my complaints quickly.

But when I ask Usairways for explanations of why they messed up the FF program I get nothing in response.

From this week's aboutUS, updates on CR:

Customer Relations
- The customer relations team continues to be busy following the holiday rush, in addition to merger-related comments.
- Complaints since the merger announcement revolve around the move-up policy, frequent flier changes and the 24-hour hold policy.
- Customer relations continues to hire for their team.

So, believe it or not, you are being heard. I suspect we have a deeper issue if you are not getting return calls, and welcome the opportunity to discuss it with each and every one of you (VFFs) privately.

From this week's aboutUS, updates on CR:

Customer Relations
- The customer relations team continues to be busy following the holiday rush, in addition to merger-related comments.
- Complaints since the merger announcement revolve around the move-up policy, frequent flier changes and the 24-hour hold policy.
- Customer relations continues to hire for their team.

So, believe it or not, you are being heard. I suspect we have a deeper issue if you are not getting return calls, and welcome the opportunity to discuss it with each and every one of you (VFFs) privately.
Act then react and let the customer contact people due damage control. I have been cleaning up managements mess for a long time.

I emailed Mr. Parker a personal email with a personal request over two weeks ago. It concerned a dinner that we are having with Deborah Thompson, and the nature of the request will not be detailed here. It was a postive personal request from a CP of many years. I've heard nothing back. Not a beep.

I can only assure you of this. I will not step foot on a US flight again if there is not some type of response. It will be simply inexcusable. When I get pissed, I stay pissed for a very long time......

At least the old CCY crowd would respond to my letters by sending me an enema kit...... :blink:

Back